What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Sheffield Shield 2019/2020

TheFrog

Coach
NSW now with a margin of just on 16 points to Qld on second. It's mathematically possible they could be overhauled but it would take some T20-like batting for 100 overs to get the necessary bonus points. Victoria the biggest threat, now gaining momentum after a poor start. Am I right that ODI players will be available for the final but not before? If NSW can have their internationals back they won't be stopped.

TheParraboy

Staff member
NSW now with a margin of just on 16 points to Qld on second. It's mathematically possible they could be overhauled but it would take some T20-like batting for 100 overs to get the necessary bonus points. Victoria the biggest threat, now gaining momentum after a poor start. Am I right that ODI players will be available for the final but not before? If NSW can have their internationals back they won't be stopped.

We have scheduled a 3 game t20 series v NZ In NZ
24/3, 27/3, 29/3
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/_/id/19317/australia-tour-of-new-zealand

So no Warner, Smith, Starc, Cummins

The Shield final is on 27/3

Eelectrica

Referee
Can we please put Matt Renshaw back in the team? Max Bryant may well be a future Australian test captain, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

tomdl

Bench
Can we please put Matt Renshaw back in the team? Max Bryant may well be a future Australian test captain, but I'm just not seeing it right now.
He was back training with Qld this week so I assume he will play for Toombul tomorrow and if he comes out of that alright he will slot back in somewhere. Wouldn't mind Qld giving him a little go in the middle order with Street and Burns going alright up the top.

TheParraboy

Staff member
1st v Last
NSW 195 (9 players got to double figures)
Tas 3/63 (Abbot all 3 wkts

Vic 292 (Maddinson 66)
v SA

WA 277
QLD 0/11

tomdl

Bench
This little Street bugger doesn't mind spending a bit of time in the middle. 1500 balls or so faced in his first 14 first class innings

Eelectrica

Referee
Burns out for 93.
Thought he might get his second shield ton in a row.
Still at this stage he's probably done enough to keep his test spot. No one really putting any pressure on him.

On second thought Daniel Hughes has to be close to being given a shot.

Bryce Street with a 100 for Queensland. Mcsweeney and Khawaja, not much.

Surely next shield game Renshaw comes back in for McSweeney? Play him at 4. If he still can't reach the dizzying heights of a Quiney then I don't know. Bring back Levers Bryant I guess.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
No this is not a picture of a young Martin Bryant, Australia's worst serial; killer

Its the face of a young man that we rely on to save the blues today

Time to rise sunshine

1132132.html

Eelectrica

Referee
Tiger man defeats NSW. Shouldn't bother NSW much as they have the home field for the final booked.

QLD continue pilling on the runs against WA, but a declaration has to be coming soon as this is a must win game for QLD with victoria in the box seat to beat SA.
I think a QLD draw and a Victoria win would see Vic jump into second.

TheFrog

Coach
They've cancelled the final round, but not the final as yet. They are worried about air travel, but I don't know why Victoria cannot travel to Wollongong by bus, its only 9 or 10 hours.