What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Id say the ashes has zapped him a bit, either he smacks that for 4, or lets it go being so close to the break. Maybe the 40c weather played its part too

Marnus though is going from strength to strength

Smith this summer has been batting like a snail on slower pitches. Both his centuries this year in shield cricket have been on very slow pitches where he has scored at around 30 runs per hundred balls. He is a scrapper when the pitch doesnt suit him

Wizardman

First Grade
Some tossers on here think Smith should be smashing 6's to all ends of the ground..It is tough batting conditions out there with some pretty disciplined bowling. Smith is doing what he needs to be doing at this time....occupying the crease and cash in later. I think both batters are doing pretty well despite the low score.

King hit

Coach
Have a good feeling about the evening session. Marnus is looking really good and Smith is really starting to hit some runs. Could really take it to the Kiwis after the break.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Some tossers on here think Smith should be smashing 6's to all ends of the ground..It is tough batting conditions out there with some pretty disciplined bowling. Smith is doing what he needs to be doing at this time....occupying the crease and cash in later. I think both batters are doing pretty well despite the low score.

Its 40 degrees too. Make the kiwis work. Ferguson is already down on pace. This is normal for young bowlers in Australia.

Its a test match. No rush

Bazal

Post Whore
Kerry O'Keefe says thee-atre instead of theatre and for some reason that's really irritating

blaza88z

Coach
Have a good feeling about the evening session. Marnus is looking really good and Smith is really starting to hit some runs. Could really take it to the Kiwis after the break.

They'll be out within 10 minutes now and you'll be wearing your black cap tomorrow afternoon

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smith is ok but he’s no James Hopes.

Bazal

Post Whore
Smith is ok but he’s no James Hopes.

Who is, to be fair.

This is the peak of cricket performance, like it or not

bigcatfish_406x2501-2.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kerry O'Keefe says thee-atre instead of theatre and for some reason that's really irritating
Skull really rustles your Jimmies Baz, KAYO is playing up at mine and I got the last 30 mins of Fleming and Brayderp. For the love of Tulsen Tollet who hires these cretins???

Bazal

Post Whore
Skull really rustles your Jimmies Baz, KAYO is playing up at mine and I got the last 30 mins of Fleming and Brayderp. For the love of Tulsen Tollet who hires these cretins???

I realise I've been on his case tonight. Must have had an irritating day at work....but that sort of thing would annoy me coming from God himself tbh.

Thankfully Tugga knows how to pronounce things

King hit

Coach
Since the rise of Twenty20 people just expect batsmen to smash runs non stop.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I can speak on behalf of everyone here, we would all love to see The Admiral stroll out tonight...

King hit

Coach
I realise I've been on his case tonight. Must have had an irritating day at work....but that sort of thing would annoy me coming from God himself tbh.

Thankfully Tugga knows how to pronounce things
Skull is a legend, leaves a lot of commentators for dead imo. Funny guy who has good knowledge of his sport.

Give me Skull any day over pretty much any League commentator, especially those dribblers like Lockyer, Anasta, Hadley etc