What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Optus Stadium Perth, Dec 14-18 2023

Chins get the wins

First Grade
A left arm spinner from Australia with 500 wickets and an average under 31 is what we are talking about here. Chances are he doesn't get ahead of Lyon.

I'm trying to think of left-arm spinners with that kind of success. Herath, Vettori, Jadeja, Underwood.

Who is Australia's best ever left-arm spinner?
Probably Michael Bevan haha

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some should be left alone.

We cant have the king of spin have his 708 record overtaken.

It just shouldn't happen.

I am all for someone breaking Matthew Hayden's 380 score though one day.
Don’t you think it’s appropriate that the king of spin gets overtaken by the King of Bald??

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There's no reason physically that Lyon can't play for another 4 years. There's very little strain in his action. He doesn't rip the ball as much as a leggie so his fingers or wrist are unlikely to get a major injury. The biggest chance of injury is when batting or fielding.

Formwise I think he is at his best now. Unless Murphy or another contender shows irresistible form he has every chance of racking up another 40 odd tests and 150 plus wickets.

Not sure if he'll get to 708 though. He's never been a bowler who has ripped through teams.

Bazal

Post Whore
There's no reason physically that Lyon can't play for another 4 years. There's very little strain in his action. He doesn't rip the ball as much as a leggie so his fingers or wrist are unlikely to get a major injury. The biggest chance of injury is when batting or fielding.

Formwise I think he is at his best now. Unless Murphy or another contender shows irresistible form he has every chance of racking up another 40 odd tests and 150 plus wickets.

Not sure if he'll get to 708 though. He's never been a bowler who has ripped through teams.

In four years time he'll so bald his scalp will be receding

mozza91

Coach
Of course he should break Warne’s record if he’s still around and bowling well.

Warne was a great cricketer one of the best ever but records are made to be broken. He was also a bit of a wanker and insufferable in the commentary box. Not Haydos levels but still pretty annoying. The fact that he died doesn’t change that.

Fangs

Coach
2 World Test Championship points will hurt, especially if it's India that gets hit

They hit us too though and we are still tardy at times. Every team is.

We had Punter bowling Cameron White in India with the series on the line due to over rates. It shouldn't ever happen especially in India where spin is king.