What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
just the comments from pascoe this morning that theyve had no contact at all with Latrell since they pulled his offer. surely if he was a chance at joining at least something would have happened
Hmmm I thought the same thing..
He did say "there is no offer on the table for Latrell " plus " the club has had no contact with him" and also said " we will announce a player signing hopefully this week"
So being a a dickhead glass half full WT's supporter .. that may read AS.
The offer isnt on the table , it's already been signed over the weekend via a 3rd party and we are awaiting NRL official approval .
Or otherwise it's back to the normal half empty situation and we have just signed some gimp like Dane Gagai while basically buying LM for Souffs :confused:

simmo05

Bench
Hmmm I thought the same thing..
He did say "there is no offer on the table for Latrell " plus " the club has had no contact with him" and also said " we will announce a player signing hopefully this week"
So being a a dickhead glass half full WT's supporter .. that may read AS.
The offer isnt on the table , it's already been signed over the weekend via a 3rd party and we are awaiting NRL official approval .
Or otherwise it's back to the normal half empty situation and we have just signed some gimp like Dane Gagai while basically buying LM for them :confused:
I will be filthy if we buy one of these spuds off souffs.

macnaz

Staff member
I will be filthy if we buy one of these spuds off souffs.
Yep... I'll totally lose my shit!!!
We let Moses go to the biggest merkins in the league , we let Matterson go to the biggest merkins in the league and got f**kall out of it , we play the biggest merkins in the league at THEIR GROUND TWICE 2 YEARS IN A ROW , so if they just piss the clubs advantage away again and free up space for Souths to get a leg up it will show the management of this club hasnt changed one bit.. it's the Shithouse weatherman's chairmanships ability over and over again.... prove me wrong Lee Hagipantelis and show your not just talk?

Mader45

Juniors
Fantasy time....

We offer to take Gagai and Johnston for as minimal as possible from Souths in order for them to sign Latrell and Arrow. We also demand 1-2 up and coming juniors or threaten to walk from the deal.... We dont have anything to lose.

We then do the same thing with Leilua at Canberra. Pay as minimal as possible and demand 1-2 juniors. That gives us possibly 6 players for cheap.

Then.... contact Latrells manager and let them know that Souths now has a million they can offer Latrell. They werent planning on giving him a mil, but we know how greedy LMs manager is, so theyll then demand more money.

During this time we throw everything we have left at Arrow while LMs manager is carrrying on for more at Souths and delaying the double deal. Back end it. Whatever.

Its not perfect. But its better than we know where this is eventually heading.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep... I'll totally lose my shit!!!
We let Moses go to the biggest merkins in the league , we let Matterson go to the biggest merkins in the league and got f**kall out of it , we play the biggest merkins in the league at THEIR GROUND TWICE 2 YEARS IN A ROW , so if they just piss the clubs advantage away again and free up space for Souths to get a leg up it will show the management of this club hasnt changed one bit.. it's the Shithouse weatherman's chairmanships ability over and over again.... prove me wrong Lee Hagipantelis and show your not just talk?
Bet you had to look up the spelling of Lee's last name:D:D Think I will just call him Hagi from now on.
I was of the belief that Madge had the say on signing matters? He has been conspicuously quiet on this front, hasn't he.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Bet you had to look up the spelling of Lee's last name:D:D Think I will just call him Hagi from now on.
I was of the belief that Madge had the say on signing matters? He has been conspicuously quiet on this front, hasn't he.
You are 100% correct TG .. had to cut and paste lol

macnaz

Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2dde570fc01948bc714184fdfed97a96

Wests Tigers rule themselves out of returning to race for Latrell Mitchell’s signature

He mentions a signing at the end of this week, who is your tip?

I'm thinking Souths Alex Johnston, him and JAC would certainly gives us some speed.
Just another speculation piece from so call journalists... fmd what a job these leeches have ... 10 minutes to make some shit up and off to the pub to get red faced with the king of BS Sloathfield .

macnaz

Staff member
Here we go... An NRL click bait diversion piece ... while clubs do as they like because the Nrl love them .. stay turned

Fordy20

Juniors
Just another speculation piece from so call journalists... fmd what a job these leeches have ... 10 minutes to make some shit up and off to the pub to get red faced with the king of BS Sloathfield .

It's garbage isn't it? How the hell do you get signing announcement from Pascoe's musings on what atributes they are looking for in potential signings? Plus, how do you get "ruling themselves out" from Pascoe saying the contract was pulled ages ago and there has been no contact since?

macnaz

Staff member
It's garbage isn't it? How the hell do you get signing announcement from Pascoe's musings on what atributes they are looking for in potential signings? Plus, how do you get "ruling themselves out" from Pascoe saying the contract was pulled ages ago and there has been no contact since?
Nup you right.. they keep guessing ,just like we do and hope they get to say..wooohh I got a scoop.

The news is the same as it was, when we pulled our offer. Which means it’s not really newsworthy.

Joshwatch:

Today the police indicated that they are proceeding.

Josh pleaded not guilty to the charge and is contesting the avo.

So police and their evidence are being put to the test.

His lawyer said that “ medication” was the cause of the bruising which is interesting. It means experts will need to give evidence.

Medication can cause bruising, but I take it that she’s bruised in certain spots.

The cops could say that it’s all Josh bruising or some bruising is medication and some is due to Josh. Have it both ways.

So the issue becomes how the bruises arrived upon her where they appeared and it’s relationship to Josh’s alleged conduct.

She could have had the bruising already and claimed Josh struck her there. So bruising on its own is not enough.

As I said, people may have seen a similar bruising on her just before the event and she has a motive and that could exculpate Josh.

It’s going to very expensive with witnesses and experts.

So it’s going to drag on for awhile.

He carried himself well in the footage, stern and serious. He didn’t look guilty or innocent, he didn’t say anything from what I saw.

I think that’s the best approach at the moment. Cool, calm and collected. Taking it all very seriously. A + visuals.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Remains innocent for now. Hopefully he didn’t do those things alleged. I say that for JDB too.

If found guilty, one might get a bond or corrections order, the other is almost certainly going away.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
So Mattersons agent gets a ban after Matterson didn't honor his contract. But it's okay for Matterson to still jump ship.

This whole matterson thing passes me off the most we literally let him do what he wants without making any big name announcement in replacing him. This was after the last q&a saying they won't release him unless they get something out of it. Hmm.

Tiger05

First Grade
So Mattersons agent gets a ban after Matterson didn't honor his contract. But it's okay for Matterson to still jump ship.

This whole matterson thing passes me off the most we literally let him do what he wants without making any big name announcement in replacing him. This was after the last q&a saying they won't release him unless they get something out of it. Hmm.

It looks like this was a bad decision doesn't it. At the same time if they don't want to be here what can you do.

It looks like this was a bad decision doesn't it. At the same time if they don't want to be here what can you do.
I think the point was to only release if we got something better!

and we got Lucy and stephano.

I guess he could have enjoyed our elite reserve grade side. The most expensive ever fielded. Up against latrell!

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Geezus I must be a glutton for punishment...I keep looking at the NRL page hoping to read of a significant signing or at the very least some good news relating to the Wests Tigers. All I read is other clubs seeming to be signing players I'd be happy to have at the WT. It seems all this crap regarding Mitchell means we may have missed the boat with some other players.....

I don't like to quote myself but other than 19 days and 20 odd pages of this thread....what the hell has changed since this post....Mitchell has clearly shown he is not interested in us as a club. Clubs are signing or re-signing players and we are twiddling our thumbs...or so it appear. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Latest posts