What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Timbo

Staff member
Just. f**king. Make. It. Canvas.

What the f**k is this bullshit? Can’t afford the LED curtain so there will be no club mode?

It’s like going ‘I need a car, but I only have $35,000. Since I can’t afford a Maserati, I can’t get anything’.

I feel like I’m taking f**king crazy pills listening to them talk about this.

Oh well. It's not that big a deal. The SFS sounded pretty good even with a small crowd. The new one will be better.

It’ll undoubtedly be better, but this is a huge missed opportunity. An opportunity that comes around once every 30-40 years. For $800m the NSW taxpayers & the tenants of the stadium deserved more than just “better”

seanoff

Juniors
So Lendlease were right!!!

Its +$90M after removing a $50 - $60M feature. The govt should be ashamed, they wont be of course. So the original $780M was out by a mere $150M. So only 20% out.

It will inevitably blow out by a bit. So the original design would be about $1B for a 45000 seat stadium. F*** me. A $22,000 a seat stadium. Just a stadium. No train stations, no associated malls, apartment complexes, hotels etc. just 45000 seats surrounding a rectangle of grass. Its not a retractable roof, or field. Wow.

Its $300M more than a upsized Bankwest. :eek::eek::oops:

It Must be the Rolls Royce of stadiums. I’m expecting reclining leather seats for all with personal video screens with in seat ordering, in seat USB ports, and foot rests at the very least.

Andrew Webster wrote an interesting article today in the Herald about it, especially about the LED curtain and "club" mode which I found illuminating, following is the interesting part -

Nothing quite captures the chaos of this project, however, like the infamous "LED curtain" that allows the stadium to switch to an intimate “club” mode when only 7000 people turn up to watch the Roosters thrash the Gold Coast Titans on a wet Saturday night in the middle of winter.

The Curtain is actually a myth. No other stadium in the world has it. The technology doesn’t exist.

At the March 2018 announcement, then sports minister Stuart Ayres was asked if there was any money for “two modes” and he said no. There is no money for “two modes” in the $828 million rebuild the Premier announced on Wednesday.

If this part is accurate, then someone has really been selling a bill of good about this.

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Last edited:
Andrew Webster wrote an interesting article today in the Herald about it, especially about the LED curtain and "club" mode which I found illuminating, following is the interesting part -

If this part is accurate, then someone has rally been selling a bill of good about this.

The clubs seem to swear blind that they were promised the intimate mode, so something weird is going on. Personally I don’t trust Stuart Ayres at all, he could’ve been telling the clubs one thing and doing another.

Also the technology isn’t a myth, at least not the curtain part. We know of several other stadiums that have them. They don’t need to be LED.

Quidgybo

Bench
079C9AE9-BEF8-43EB-B5E9-F587BFEE77B8.jpeg

I’m still shaking my head about that roof line. After all the half arsed stadiums we’ve had built for the game over the years, you'd think we’d finally learned the lesson of not favouring form over function. But nope, still got prime seats ten rows back on halfway located outside the drip line.

Leigh.

View attachment 34808

I’m still shaking my head about that roof line. After all the half arsed stadiums we’ve had built for the game over the years, you'd think we’d finally learned the lesson of not favouring form over function. But nope, still got prime seats ten rows back on halfway located outside the drip line.

Leigh.

The roof line may be related to the wind issues up there. More roof means more chance of the wind getting a hold of it.

Plus for the NRL season there’s not much rain past April.

Perth Red

Post Whore
View attachment 34808

Leigh.

not been in any stadium in Australia where the roof covers all seats (marvel excluded!) bit of wind it’s even worse. Can’t believe it saves much money when you consider the discomfort of thousands of fans in inclement weather

Timbo

Staff member
View attachment 34808

Leigh.

It barely rains in Townsville during footy season.

For this climate, it’s fair.

T-Boon

Coach
I think when this stadium is opened the NRL should relocate the Sharks to Sydney. The city of Sydney needs a big club. The Sydney Sharks would be a good name because Sydney is a city known for its water and its dangerous animals. I think that could be a thing the kids could get behind.

I think when this stadium is opened the NRL should relocate the Sharks to Sydney. The city of Sydney needs a big club. The Sydney Sharks would be a good name because Sydney is a city known for its water and its dangerous animals. I think that could be a thing the kids could get behind.
Dumbest post of the year .