What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox on the run: Storm ‘explore options’ to release star winger Josh Addo-Carr — on strict condition

Frenzy.

Immortal
Roosters mentioned as potential club for the fox.

thatll f**kin do me.

Of course. But it's for 2021. That's what I read.

9sWWOS said:
In addition to both the Wests Tigers and the Bulldogs, the Roosters are also reportedly eyeing Addo-Carr as a possible 2021 addition when the likes of Brett Morris and Ryan Hall's money comes off the books.

Anyone will find it hard due to the "alleged" conditions the Storm have put on him.

"To achieve this, Storm would be seeking fair value for Josh in return by way of a combination of the following: transfer fee; player swap, with the player being of commensurate standing [and/or] salary cap relief for doing the right thing by the player, and providing some extra support for Josh, not dissimilar to the recent scenario in the AFL with Tim Kelly at the [Geelong] Cats."

snout

First Grade
Storm are letting the Fox know they are compassionate. Sympathetic. And happy to let him go for family reasons.
But....
Only if they get a player of similar quality in return.

Bellamy will not budge on this.

This is where the Rorts might struggle.
Unless they make Latrell stay in 2020 and then do the swap for 2021.
Only thing is they dont have Latrell signed for 21.
Unless they do the deal now - Swap Latrell for the Fox for 2020. But Fox has 2 years left on his contract and Latrell only one.

This leaves the Tigers and Doggies.
But both are out of the equation.
Both sides would have to swap their whole backlines for the Fox and would still come up short in the even stakes.

Bellamys swap idea has Dugan written all over it.
He needs centres.
We need a super winger.

shaggs

Coach
@snout if your idea comes off and somehow Dugan is seen as value to Bellamy, then we end up with the fox

Once Morris leaves in 2021 a backline of
1. Moylan or Kennedy or someone else
2. Mulitalo
3. Xerri
4. Ramien
5. Fox
6. Johnson
7. Chad or Trindall.

Quigs

Immortal
Everyone is forgetting something here. We have the Gal Towers and all those Apartments.

Ve now have options to offer.

cb4

First Grade
Yep

5 TAs (9th in the list for centres - 1 on the right side and 3 on the left) and 4 LBAs (22nd in the list for centres - 2 on the right side and 3 on the left).

Anything else?

Ask Stake

:)
For you to tell the truth for starters.

Xerri had 9 try assists which had him 1 behind Latrell and Hoppa.

chewsta

First Grade
I wouldn't be letting Xerri go, he looked pretty gun Shy for the first half of the season. I reckon his nerves got the better of him a few times with all the dropped ball early on.
Once he got some confidence and scored a few try's he started to look really good.

His line breaks and tackle breaks are pretty impressive for a player who we all thought could have had more of a go.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
We have 0% chance of getting JAC if the roosters are involved. They will get him before we do. He’d probably go to the Tigers or Penrith before us I reckon.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
images

carinashark

First Grade
I love the Storm, and you know how generous I am . Love you guys. You can have Woodsy and we will throw in Moylan........