What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

SBD82

Coach
"Police will not be required to record their entire shift or every interaction that occurs whilst on duty"

Its pretty easy to imagine incidents that evolve quickly from not serious to serious and the officers involved not having time to stop and turn on their body cam while someone is trying to get away or attack them.
A hundred percent.

I probably seem more invested in this than I actually am. My only real point is that police are fallible, sometimes dangerously so. But it doesn’t appear that there is anything in Scott’s situation that suggests they’ve done anything wrong.

betcats

Referee
A hundred percent.

I probably seem more invested in this than I actually am. My only real point is that police are fallible, sometimes dangerously so. But it doesn’t appear that there is anything in Scott’s situation that suggests they’ve done anything wrong.

Yeah I don't disagree with any of that, I've seen and heard of plenty of instances of police officers not behaving correctly or even legally.

nick87

Coach
The amount of years he could get is relevant to the stand down rule from the NRL. If his max sentence hits the mark he is getting down indefinitely
Ah right, my apologies then
I didnt realise the context of that was in relation to the NFSD policy.

One really must view this latest incident through the "Bec Wilson Filter" to truly understand how heinous an act Curtis has perpetrated against the code, his eployer and humanity.

Only then, we can calculate what cost there has been to "the game" and "the sponsors", and what the expectant punishment from Scott's employer and the NRL should entail. It should also provide a rating for a sound, balanced, level of moral outrage and applicable torque of necessary hand-wringing.

images (8).jpeg

The Rosco

Bench
The media dictates the outcome.
I call it the "6 O'clock news petrol price lubrication" theorem.
When it's briefly mentioned on the news that the per barrel oil price is showing a tendency of maybe creeping up . . . whooshka !! 37cpl more by tomorrow morning. Don't worry that the Saudi's haven't even filled the barrels yet, let alone shipped them !! The news lubricates us, and the oil companies give us a robust rogering.
It's a similar fate for Curtis. The more media exposure, the more disrepute, the stiffer the penalty.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Assaulting a police officer is a pretty serious offense wouldn't you say.

They look after their own even when they're in the wrong.

Depends on what happened and any injuries. I haven't seen anything suggesting he connected and caused damage (and the police union usually has them photos out in the media straight away if there was) so he might get lucky with a soft magistrate.

Latest posts