What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

nick87

Coach
Time may have weathered my memory, but did Carney ever do anything THAT wrong? I don’t recall him ever being convicted of a crime or even suspected of anything untoward with regards women. From what I recall, he was just a Jack the lad on the beer far too much, so not a great look, but there’s been plenty of NRL players with some serious allegations and criminal records. Same with Mitchell Pearce - they were just around at the wrong time, with the wrong administrators, and a blood thirsty media who had no regard for the impact they had on these young blokes lives. I think the media are a bit more understanding of potential mental health impacts now.

There was the time he led police chase, after doing burnouts in Civic and then abandoned (not that!) Steve Irwin who had i think a broken leg at time the time, in the passangers seat to take the wrap whilst he sprinted off into the suburbs and presented the following day to police
So yeah pretty serious shit

However, anyone who knows anything understands TC was an absolute MENACE around Canberra for years. Dude was out of control. The Raiders mishandled that badly. They knew he background and should have understood what was requried to manage that, but they left him largely to his own devices and under the mentorship of a very loose leadership group at the Raiders at the time.
Given his background, it's unlikely his career would have gone any other way than it did, but those chances were reduced to near zero once exposed to those circumstances.

That all being said, hand waving TC's own actions and decisions and pretending he was a victim and scapegoated and he just a good bloke who didnt do a lot wrong is genuinely hilarious tbh haha

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
There was the time he led police chase, after doing burnouts in Civic and then abandoned (not that!) Steve Irwin who had i think a broken leg at time the time, in the passangers seat to take the wrap whilst he sprinted off into the suburbs and presented the following day to police
So yeah pretty serious shit

However, anyone who knows anything understands TC was an absolute MENACE around Canberra for years. Dude was out of control. The Raiders mishandled that badly. They knew he background and should have understood what was requried to manage that, but they left him largely to his own devices and under the mentorship of a very loose leadership group at the Raiders at the time.
Given his background, it's unlikely his career would have gone any other way than it did, but those chances were reduced to near zero once exposed to those circumstances.

That all being said, hand waving TC's own actions and decisions and pretending he was a victim and scapegoated and he just a good bloke who didnt do a lot wrong is genuinely hilarious tbh haha

T-Boon

Coach
Exactly this - there’s blokes running around the NRL who’ve done worse - but the truth is, no club with any pulling power at the NRL want him, so he’ll stay sidelined.

I’m all for keeping him and his like out of the game, so no big deal.
My only issue with that is: who do you think is going to be left playing the game? It is flat out a mugs game.
Proper, it is a mug/houso game now and mostly ever was.
Local leagues clubs should be set up next to the bikey club. Actually, in my town it is.
So who would be left?

Chimp

Bench
My only issue with that is: who do you think is going to be left playing the game? It is flat out a mugs game.
Local leagues clubs should be set up next to the bikey club. Actually, in my town it is.
So who would be left?
You’re largely right about the demographic of rugby league players - but that same demographic are not all woman beaters or criminals.

gerg

Juniors
Have you listened to the James Graham Podcast where he interviewed Toddy?

Toddy was dudded. Big time, scapegoated.

It may have been completely exaggerated but there was talk of 30 or so indiscretions at Canberra, most very minor but they add up. When sponsors start threatening to walk away because of 1 player it's really not worth it for the clubs or the NRL. The game gives plenty of boofheads a second, third and fourth chance, but draws the line at about 50.

The below article scratches the surface.

So who would be left?
NRL players are merely a reflection of the society in which they play. In fact mostly better behaved than the general public.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
NRL players are merely a reflection of the society in which they play. In fact mostly better behaved than the general public.
While most players are not loons out there creating havoc, in terms of the NRL they live in their own little world that is so far removed from real life its ridiculous.
Players like Scott are serial FWits and we don't hear about 90% of it