What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Rubbish.

If you don't think most of the crowd live in Australia you are delusional.

Not delusional at all, or rubbish.

Not one tennis player is supported as universally as Federer is. Couple that with fans being unsure how soon he'll retire and Aussies in general not flocking to watch a little known guy like Millman, the crowd was always going highly supportive of Fed. The constant "Allez Roger" should've been a pretty clear giveaway as well I would've thought.

Apey

Staff member
Vamos!

Great match and Kyrgios is really not far off the top guys. If he keeps at it and grows out of his shit he should be a regular top 10 player. He might even win a slam or two once the players better than him retire.

For now though, he isn't quite mentally there yet. This delusion he has that Nadal & Djokovic are his equals is holding him back; he needs to stop creating rivalries with his words and let his talent speak for him.

Talking shit about guys who have 35 slams between them when it's likely you won't move off 0 while they're still playing just makes you look like a fool.

Once he moves past schoolboy antics and keeps on maturing, he will eventually achieve something in this sport.

Dave's mate

Juniors

Not one tennis player is supported as universally as Federer is. Couple that with fans being unsure how soon he'll retire and Aussies in general not flocking to watch a little known guy like Millman, the crowd was always going highly supportive of Fed. The constant "Allez Roger" should've been a pretty clear giveaway as well I would've thought.
A super toxic fansbase too. Up there with Conor McGregor fans

LatK7

First Grade
Well played Nick. Nadal too good in the end.

I’ve mentioned it earlier in the thread, but goddamn does it suck to see would be winners just stop dead on this court. Nothing against Nadal’s incredible defence, but it’s ridiculous that a winner can not be struck.

axl rose

Bench
Well played.

20170118001294689143-original-960x540.jpg

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
These guys only watch the Australian summer of tennis and legitimately can't comprehend how the most popular player and arguable GOAT have a bigger following than a local.

It’s also not Davis Cup...people follow their own players.

Valheru

Coach

So your position is that more than 50% of the crowd weren't Australian? I find that exceedingly hard to believe.

Nick had way more support than rafa.

Anyways, as I said, if you are an Aussie and couldn't find a reason to cheer millman (which is not the sane as not cheering fed) then you can't be helped

LatK7

First Grade
Imagine being one of the form players of a Grand Slam tournament, playing the best tennis off your life playing an injured 38 year old man who is playing terribly, having 7 match points and then losing. You poor boy. The mental gap between these guys and the big 3 is enormous.

Absolutely crazy mental strength from Fed to bring it while busted.

Yes, he’ll be belted by Djokovic in the SF, but even knowing that and still fighting to be there is inspiring.