What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pies, and condiments

Curry pie, no sauce is my go to.

A plain pie or sausage roll requires sauce.

I’ll take a Steak n Kidney with sauce if it looks like a reputable pie slinger.

I always get a scallop pie when in Tassie for work.

Haffa

Muzza's Pies at Coorparoo is my Saturday lunch go to. Good range, all quality. Not a bad bloke for a Kiwi.

upload_2020-2-24_10-22-9.png

horrie hastings

First Grade
Having steak and mushroom pie from Haydens Pie at Ulladulla for dinner tonight, the last one left in the freezer, will have to make another trip down there again soon to restock the freezer.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm adding the Werris Creek Cafe to the pie shop tour.

The only cafe in town, one main street so easy to find.

Pies were a handful but delicious and bit of variety. Plus the espresso coffee was as good as you'll get anywhere. Perfect break for the road trip back from Mudgee.

Life's Good

Coach
The already mentioned Upper Crust at Collaroy. Great quality pastry, perfect portion size & decent value.
I don’t know the name of it but the pie shop in Aberdeen(Hunter region). Good, hearty country bakery at its best. My late father often joked about the fillings being the remnants of the woman who chopped up her husband in that area. Never deterred me though.
I’ll throw in Harry’s as well. Although I still can’t get my header around a pie called ‘the Floater’.

nöyd

Staff member
The Zinger pie is pants, in my opinion because the "zinger" flavour (spice) is on the chickens coating, not the actual meat itself.

All the Zinger pie is, is a glorified chicken pie, that is ever so slightly hotter in spice than your average chicken pie, but it tastes nothing like the Zinger chicken on a burger or in a box/bucket etc.

horrie hastings

First Grade
We took a family road trip to Palm Beach ( traffic bleah ) yesterday & there was a 40 person line out of the door there.

I go to Narrabeen for a pre Christmas break in latish November or early Dec, I call into upper crust on the way back home on either the Tuesday or Wednesday morning, that's when you can check out the full range and it's not to busy, was going to call in on the way up last time which was Saturday I think and there was decent line and also no parking so kept going.

Eelogical

Referee
Garlo's curried beef pies are worth spending your hard earned on. Maleny Pie Guy are excellent if you're in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. But at $7.50 a pie, they damn well should be.