What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger5150

Bench
JAC 88kg / 1.83 m...... Larry Corowa 79 kg / 1.78m........,Ken Irvine 78 kg./1.73 m......... Cory Thompson 91 kg / 1.78 m I’m not saying they weren’t amazing those guys .They obviously were but yeah they were tiny ..everyone was tiny back then ....

sorry mate those stats are flat out wrong. I was with Larry Last year. I’m 1.78 and even at his age he is a fair bit taller than me. Watch that video again. He is taller than everyone around him. There is no way every player on the field is smaller than Cory T. Larry is pretty big. At least as big JAC

Tigerm

First Grade
I get the feeling way back they didn’t know what they were capable of in terms of acrobatics etc ...and stepping there way through a whole team They certainly hadn’t learnt the Benji step ..It may have seemed greedy back then more so in Irvine’s Era ...They were both tiny and yip fast..All the current mob will be in that “old footage” soon enough
Back then, it was training then back to the pub
These days it's training and back to the gym

WA Tiger

Bench
sorry mate those stats are flat out wrong. I was with Larry Last year. I’m 1.78 and even at his age he is a fair bit taller than me. Watch that video again. He is taller than everyone around him. There is no way every player on the field is smaller than Cory T. Larry is pretty big. At least as big JAC
Ok so I don’t mind doing the research for you guys .. https://alchetron.com/Larry-Corowa. So from this link you can see Larrys weight and height 1.78 m and 79 kg And if u scroll down the same link you can see Larry is slightly taller than Scott prince correct? assuming he isn’t wearing big healed boots ......... ...... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Corowa ..this wiki link confirms Larry is 1.78m and 79kg also ........https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Prince ..this link confirms Scott prince is 1.77m and 81 kg a little shorter in height ...My point is u won’t see any wingers the size of ken Irvine or Larry now ..Most players are lifting weights and it’s obvious the size difference of the backs and forwards now compared to then and some are possibly on creatine to help - I’m pretty sure creatine is legal and it works...PS Larry is big now yes

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
No one is saying JAC is equal to those players but belly ache seems to want Momo and it would be a shame to lose our only kicker to get JAC. Don’t worry, JAC wants to come and we’re all excited about it. We are just dreaming up ways for it to be able to happen without either having to wait a year or losing our kicker and a great young prospect.

Can A.D kick ? Can we ask Benji to do it at a pinch ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok so I don’t mind doing the research for you guys .. https://alchetron.com/Larry-Corowa. So from this link you can see Larrys weight and height 1.78 m and 79 kg And if u scroll down the same link you can see Larry is slightly taller than Scott prince correct? assuming he isn’t wearing big healed boots ......... ...... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Corowa ..this wiki link confirms Larry is 1.78m and 79kg also ........https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Prince ..this link confirms Scott prince is 1.77m and 81 kg a little shorter in height ...My point is u won’t see any wingers the size of ken Irvine or Larry now ..Most players are lifting weights and it’s obvious the size difference of the backs and forwards now compared to then and some are possibly on creatine to help - I’m pretty sure creatine is legal and it works...PS Larry is big now yes
Having said that and watching the vid again. He’s a beautiful runner isn’t he. It’d be good to see him amongst the current crop.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Fox Sports news reporting Tedesco has been offered a 6 year “lifetime” deal by the Roosters and will sign off on it shortly.

Anyone who thought he would be back was/is living in a fantasy land.

Wizardman

First Grade
Our mission to make him regret it
*Our club has got over Moses leaving (despite his good form) because he was a turd.
*Our club has got over Woods leaving because he was overrated AND a turd.

The player our club and fans have still not got over leaving is Tedesco. He is a once in a generation player and we failed to keep him despite throwing every resource at him. The fact that he has had success as well as improved as a player hurts even more.

The loss of Tedesco will continue to haunt us until we get sustained success as a club. Otherwise, if we get a future freak into our system, he'll leave too if our club is not successful.

Tigerm

First Grade
Impossible in the short term.

Maybe Robbie can make a come back at some stage this year so the fans can feel all warm and fuzzy again
Your hate for RF is unbelievable, he obviously done something to you that you can't forgive. He is and will always be a legend of this club. Maybe time to move on from it.

Wizardman

First Grade
He has won suscessive SOO series, sucessive Premierships, been in all Kangaroo sides and won the Dally M since leaving us.

He aint regretting it. If anything, he would be annoyed he stayed here as long as he did.
As much as it hurts to admit it, you are right

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
He has won suscessive SOO series, sucessive Premierships, been in all Kangaroo sides and won the Dally M since leaving us.

He aint regretting it. If anything, he would be annoyed he stayed here as long as he did.

It looks like Robbie Farah did him a favour in talking him out of going to the Raiders otherwise he wouldn't be in the position he is in today with Uncle Nick's endless supply of cars and brown paper bags filled with..........well you know what!.

stryker

First Grade
It looks like Robbie Farah did him a favour in talking him out of going to the Raiders otherwise he wouldn't be in the position he is in today with Uncle Nick's endless supply of cars and brown paper bags filled with..........well you know what!.
Dont forget that the Raiders should have played in the GF in 2016 against the Sharkies and missed out due to some questionable decisions from refs in that finals series and a dropped ball with the line wide open for the win in the qualifying final. He could have been in that side.
We cost him a possible third premiership lol....