What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve never hoped Tadesco would come back coz I know he won’t what Id like to see is us getting to a point preferably this year where we are beating 1 Easts because of Tadesco and 2 Souths coz of Mitchell pissing us around ..I’d enjoy that and consistently so at least Tadesco could in his quiet moments feel regret...A long way off maybe but the way and speed we seem to be evolving from last year maybe not ..I can’t wait for the Dragons game to get a read on things

The unknown

Juniors
I’ve never hoped Tadesco would come back coz I know he won’t what Id like to see is us getting to a point preferably this year where we are beating 1 Easts because of Tadesco and 2 Souths coz of Mitchell pissing us around ..I’d enjoy that and consistently so at least Tadesco could in his quiet moments feel regret...A long way off maybe but the way and speed we seem to be evolving from last year maybe not ..I can’t wait for the Dragons game to get a read on things

Less than 2 weeks to go mate! It’s gonna be a drag I can feel it haha

Tigerm

First Grade
An intact spine will deliver more points than a good kicker....Best news all day. anyway we have a couple of kickers and likely centres.I can imagine Grant just not giving up and Bellyache folding in the end.
Might be worth remembering, if we had a solid GK last season, we would have been in the finals.

WA Tiger

Bench
Might be worth remembering, if we had a solid GK last season, we would have been in the finals.
At least there will be less arguments with 05 about how good or bad Reynolds is now just need to get Talau in at centre to take Mbyes place..but yes goal kicking is important of course ..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Longer term tho I think Madge would be looking at Talau and the younger brigade ahead of Momo in the pecking order ..... Apparently Talau has been really making an impression at preseason. Nofo has singled him out to kick butt this year.So Momo is seeing this 19 year old monster kid running around at training and last week against the warriors he looked intimidating ..So I don’t know maybe Momo is thinking reserves or Melbourne. Who would turn down an invitation from Bellamy anyway

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm really hoping our round 1 team looks like this:

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. H. Grant
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Musgrove
15. Clark
16. ET
17. MCK

Apparently Grant is an 80 min hooker which completely changes everything. I like Reynolds but we can't carry him on the bench

The unknown

Juniors
Apparently Grant is an 80 min hooker which completely changes everything. I like Reynolds but we can't carry him on the bench

Harry Grant 2019 QCup stats

22 appearances

14 Tries
21 Try assists
22 LB assists

879 tackles made with 90.7% tackle efficiency

ok it’s only reserve grade but not only can this guy score points/set up tries he also has a high defensive work rate. No wonder Madge wants him badly

WA Tiger

Bench

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. H. Grant
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Musgrove
15. Clark
16. ET
17. MCK

Yip I want to see Talau play and I suppose Twal just isn’t going to go away....Lastly unless I was imagining things in last weeks game Seyfarth has to be in the team somewhere

Tigerm

First Grade

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. H. Grant
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Musgrove
15. Clark
16. ET
17. MCK

I can't see Grant playing game 1, he wouldn't even know the other players names let alone what/how the team operates.

gordsy

Juniors

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. H. Grant
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Musgrove
15. Clark
16. ET
17. MCK

Good looking team, not sure about Thompson on the wing ith the new aerials rules and please no more E.T

Tigerm

First Grade
Good looking team, not sure about Thompson on the wing ith the new aerials rules and please no more E.T
CT - 178cm
MM - 180cm
Nofo- 182cm
TT - 189cm
AD - 191cm
RJ - 192cm

180cm is 6 foot, so while he is the smallest, he is NOT that small. Its more about the ability to jump. He is however guaranteed of having a go?

Tiger05

First Grade

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. H. Grant
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Musgrove
15. Clark
16. ET
17. MCK

It's a good team but Talau to me doesn't deserve a shot. I'd have Jennings there. I like that bench. If we get Grant it makes us a lot stronger but in some ways I'd like to see Reynolds get a shot.

WA Tiger

Bench
What do you mean by this comment?
I don’t like Twal at Prop but I think most of u do . I’m not a forward expert I played in the backs so maybe Im missing something. To me he’s too small and doesn’t bend the line or intimidate. You know all the stuff you’d expect from a prop. Reminds me of Packer

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Why, you don't rate him remember?

You said previously that 'grub has been terrible for us' So why give him a shot?

It's not that windy outside !
He’s hard work isn’t he. He said yesterday he doesn’t really rate Mbye. Maybe his posts could be like the interludes we used to have at the movies a break from the serious stuff.He can’t see my posts so it won’t set him off

Tiger05

First Grade
Why, you don't rate him remember?

You said previously that 'grub has been terrible for us' So why give him a shot?

He was decent in the trial last week and he costs a fortune. He doesn't deserve to make the team on performance but if he somehow turned into a gun hooker it would be unreal for the club.

It's not a matter of rating the guy. He has been consistently poor when on the park or he has been injured. He looks like he can last 1/2 game at the moment and we need a hooker desperately.

Our best option in my opinion though is to get Grant from the storm.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don’t like Twal at Prop but I think most of u do . I’m not a forward expert I played in the backs so maybe Im missing something. To me he’s too small and doesn’t bend the line or intimidate. You know all the stuff you’d expect from a prop. Reminds me of Packer

This is the same criticism Willie Mason had about Aiden Tolman. You probably wouldn't consider Cam Murray a good prop either. But these style of middle forwards make a ton of tackles, make metres through the middle, find their front foot and get a quick play the ball.

It's not as flashy as winding up and smashing into the line sending people flying like skittles, but it's an important when it comes to laying a platform for the rest of the team to play off the back of.

Personally, I reckon you need a mix of both types of props, like Potter did when he had Marty and Gavet coming off the bench as impact props to replace Woods and Galloway.

Latest posts