What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Exsilium

First Grade
Bird is the epitome of determination. The arthritis alone would have stopped most people and he has all the injury woes on top of that but just keeps trying. Poor kid.

I recall a media piece on Dean Young following retirement. He was describing how hard it was to train, get up in the morning and the amount of injections needed to keep playing. His knee injuries dated back to 2006 and ultimately it left him with chronic issues.

Bird could come back from another injury but ultimately, is it worth it? Young bloke already has health problems.

moffla

Bench
Slater came back from 2 straight seasons out and was brilliant upon return.
Hoping the same happens for Bird. Can't be easy though.

soc123_au

Staff member
Slater came back from 2 straight seasons out and was brilliant upon return.
Hoping the same happens for Bird. Can't be easy though.
Slaters injuries were shoulder though. It's not like he ever used them anyway. If he had the same issues with his knees I dont think the comeback would have been as successful.

Slaters injuries were shoulder though. It's not like he ever used them anyway. If he had the same issues with his knees I dont think the comeback would have been as successful.

Ryan Cross when he was at the Roosters broke his leg in 2001 and then did his ACL in 2002. He was never quite the same player post ACL as whilst his straight line speed was still good he'd lost a fair bit of lateral agility due to his injuries.