What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor suspended

wibble

Bench
the 3 females are being smashed, hammered on social media , what can anyone do now, its all out there, hope they get proper advice , nothing silly happens , all the best

Which is one of the reasons it is immoral, even if not illegal (and I'm not saying this wasn't illegal). We consider school girls, even if physically mature, to not really be ready for the consequences of decisions like becoming a footy player groupie. Hopefully they will be OK.

It is not actually unique to footy players to be in trouble in this situation. I can think of all sorts of workers who might visit a school. Cleaners, caterers, plumbers, electricians, asbestos removers, technicians, software representatives, sales reps for products, office suppliers, politicians, ambulance officers, guests coming over to speak for charity, mental health etc, police, journalists, scientists, historians. Every single one of them would lose their jobs for doing what these players did.

blue bags

First Grade
another thing, dont stress kids out with the corona virus ok, kids have there own stressed out things to worry them up

wibble

Bench
another thing, dont stress kids out with the corona virus ok, kids have there own stressed out things to fill them up

Off topic:

Kids are fully stressed by Coronavirus, and not without reason. I try to downplay how seriously it will hurt them, and talk how it may mean a few weeks off school, which they all like the idea of (except Yr 12).

But many worry about elderly relatives, parents doing chemo, that sort of thing, and frankly, they should be worried about that. All I can say when they discuss such worries is to look after themselves and practice good hygiene. It is tough, coming after such a worrying summer.

It is the first time a lot of kids have experienced the notion that they and their families may not actually be safe in this country, first with bushfires and now with coronavirus.

blue bags

First Grade
the 2 schools involved in this , would be going crazy right now , with social media , the kids , the teachers, are far important, than anything at the moment ok

wibble

Bench
kept down, or the simple fact year 12 kids are 18 in NSW, so any chick born in the first 1/4 of the year would be 18

The vast majority of year 12s born in the first 1/4 of the year (first half, even) are 16 turning 17. They'll be 18 the year after high school.

The "older" half of the year, born in the second half of the year, are 17 now, about to turn 18, right around their HSC...

But I've seen 19 year olds, and even a 20 year old at school, so there are no certainties about how old they'll be.

It is not totally irrelevant, since a 20 something year old probably has some legal obligation to check if they are with someone underage, but it is mostly irrelevant in that even if the school girl was 18, or even 19 or 20, CHN and Okunbor have hurt the school, the NRL, and their clubs with their actions, and quite possibly the girls as well.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
The schoolgirl 10 out of 10 times !!

I wouldn't of thought it would be a serious conundrum for you all , I hate to see your internet history

so hypothetically speaking, you’re a plumber, and been hired by the school to do some work. You start chatting to a 16 year old girl, and up sleeping with her.

You’d be happy with the situation, and so would your boss?

GongPanther

Referee
Which is one of the reasons it is immoral, even if not illegal (and I'm not saying this wasn't illegal). We consider school girls, even if physically mature, to not really be ready for the consequences of decisions like becoming a footy player groupie. Hopefully they will be OK.

It is not actually unique to footy players to be in trouble in this situation. I can think of all sorts of workers who might visit a school. Cleaners, caterers, plumbers, electricians, asbestos removers, technicians, software representatives, sales reps for products, office suppliers, politicians, ambulance officers, guests coming over to speak for charity, mental health etc, police, journalists, scientists, historians. Every single one of them would lose their jobs for doing what these players did.

If only Okunbor and CHN had been rock stars:

betcats

Referee

My friends lil sister caught a chick f**king the cleaner in classroom one time in high school. Shit was scandalous at the time, it was bad for them both.

Speaking generally here schools kids are kids no matter their age, they spend all day around other kids, they aren't treated like adults, they spend all day being told what to do by adults who are figures of authority to them. They haven't lived with an adults expectations and responsibilities on them, they are immature and easy to influence and take advantage of. IF you are alright with adults hanging around school picking up 16 and 17 year olds then IMO there is something wrong.

Last edited:

Grapple

Bench

I can tell you a great story about an asbestos remover who got too frisky with a young girl at a high shcool out west and to the best of my knowledge didn't get caught. Ridiculous. But everything sounded like it was above board. He was a good dude. He ended up getting cancer from all the asbestos shit which was devastating but lived a good live. Long live big Tom.

wibble

Bench
I can tell you a great story about an asbestos remover who got too frisky with a young girl at a high shcool out west and to the best of my knowledge didn't get caught. Ridiculous. But everything sounded like it was above board. He was a good dude. He ended up getting cancer from all the asbestos shit which was devastating but lived a good live. Long live big Tom.

I've heard some scandalous stories about teachers and students, that were "open knowledge", and have known teachers who have married ex students.

But that was a different era. Not saying it was all OK, but pretty clearly now we don't tolerate that sort of thing. Many workers who need to be at a school will be fired now for even chatting to the students.

Grapple

Bench
I've heard some scandalous stories about teachers and students, that were "open knowledge", and have known teachers who have married ex students.

But that was a different era. Not saying it was all OK, but pretty clearly now we don't tolerate that sort of thing. Many workers who need to be at a school will be fired now for even chatting to the students.

Different era? Mate, love your optimism but nothing changes. There is for sure some change for the better but people are still doing the same shit no matter how you spin it.

wibble

Bench
Different era? Mate, love your optimism but nothing changes. There is for sure some change for the better but people are still doing the same shit no matter how you spin it.
Well, at least now if it was "open" knowledge the teacher would be suspended pending an investigation (well, should be, and would be if not at a rich elite private school).

betcats

Referee

There is a podcast called teachers pet about disturbing amount of teachers sleeping with students in the 70s and 80s around the northern beaches, focuses on the disappearance of one teachers wife but details a lot of shady shit going on with teachers and subsequent investigations.

Latest posts