What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
It was great wasn't it? Exactly how you use a threat like Kikau. Not something he would have done last year.
That’s a strength that Kikau has and we have used it way too little in the past! Defences focus on him and leave other players unmarked yet we passed to him regardless. Barrett and Cleary changed that in the off-season no doubt.

Kilkenny

Coach
We can look at the negatives but let’s look at the positives
Cleary is running the team.I like what I see
API is giving us strike from dummy half
Let’s face it with the start we had we could be down by a lot more .But the boys held on
long way to go if we can hang in there early we can win this

Congrats to you Murray first positive post,

Kilkenny

Coach
Those of you who went of early bagging us in the first half give yourselves an upper cut it is much deserved. You showed your true colours. I always felt at the game watching it we were always in it and deservedly got the two points.

GongPanther

Referee
Aekins had a terrific game given the conditions & the constant pressure he was under. Be an injustice to drop him imo.
Mansours low percentage take of that ball, and Aekins' poor positioning in goal, and the bait taking were the only blemishes.

Every team in the comp will improve over the next few weeks. We have to be that kind of team that for every week, we start again from scratch instead of bragging how well we did the week before...especially with a team with a few young players.

kinghippo

Juniors
Fantastic win, the enthusiasm and energy at the back of the game was awesome.
Hethrington and Leota certainly had some poor moments but their impact and energy really helped turn the tide on the Roosters forwards.
Great team effort!

GongPanther

Referee
Awesome start to the year. Best part for me was to see the team bounce back from such a poor first 10 minutes and getting dominated up the middle for the first half. Old Panthers would go into their shells and get flogged off that first half.

For the first time in a long time they looked like a team, like they wanted to win it for each other.

Go Panthers!!!
Two years ago we were giving away 14 point starts, and rolling in those leads in the second half. Last year was similar but for the bloody distractions and huge injury toll.

But this game, this very game was more than a statement. Albeit Easts had some hardware missing, we had a side nowhere near the experience of Easts, not to mention that we lost Maloney in the off season among others. And screw this reason of Easts losing every 1st round...they were good enough to pile on points for a win in the 1st half.

It showed to ourselves collectively, footballers and fans, that things are looking promising at the very least.

unKwn

Juniors
Two years ago we were giving away 14 point starts, and rolling in those leads in the second half. Last year was similar but for the bloody distractions and huge injury toll.

But this game, this very game was more than a statement. Albeit Easts had some hardware missing, we had a side nowhere near the experience of Easts, not to mention that we lost Maloney in the off season among others. And screw this reason of Easts losing every 1st round...they were good enough to pile on points for a win in the 1st half.

It showed to ourselves collectively, footballers and fans, that things are looking promising at the very least.
We just gotta follow it up friday against dragons, no slacking off

mxlegend99

Referee
Those of you who went of early bagging us in the first half give yourselves an upper cut it is much deserved. You showed your true colours. I always felt at the game watching it we were always in it and deservedly got the two points.
We were f**kibg shockibg against adepleted Roosters side that start slow and had almost no pre-season.

That win was great to grab.. we turned it around a bit that second half. But that was still an ordinary performance from.a team with numerous guys who shoudnt be in first grade. Not that they wont have their moments. They just aren't often enough anymore

franklin2323

Immortal
We were f**kibg shockibg against adepleted Roosters side that start slow and had almost no pre-season.

That win was great to grab.. we turned it around a bit that second half. But that was still an ordinary performance from.a team with numerous guys who shoudnt be in first grade. Not that they wont have their moments. They just aren't often enough anymore

We are hardly full strength ourselves and were running into a wind. We conceded 2 tries off kicks. Hardly going terrible that is what you get in round 1

The Realist

Juniors
When the Roosters had the energy they were all over us - our forwards were getting dominated. Our tackle breaking - kick returning wingers going nowhere. We virtually had nothing - but importantly we hung in there.

Api started to make inroads and all of a sudden we were finding space everywhere and the Rooster's gas tank was emptied (maybe The Roosters longer season has them slightly underdone early into the season?) whilst we were suddenly full of running. It was either a 2nd wind of enthusiasm or superior fitness not sure which.

In the end the Roosters were lucky to only lose by 6 as the Panthers got quite sloppy trying to the seal the game.

As Nathan said in his interview on the Fox panel - there are still many area's to improve on. That is a positive in itself and so is Nathan's attitude of not simply being satisfied with the win but wanting to always improve.

Kilkenny

Coach

Seriously if you were one those who went of half cocked give yourself an upper cut.

I was at the game. I don’t post when I am at the game. While the Roosters started strong due to our own errors I never got the feeling we were done even at 12-0 although you and others obviously did.

Please don’t make excuses for a ‘depleted’ Roosters side, gimme a break. They are the premiers.

We got the job done, came back front 12-0 down and personally I loved every minute after the time we wen’t behind.

franklin2323

Immortal
When the Roosters had the energy they were all over us - our forwards were getting dominated. Our tackle breaking - kick returning wingers going nowhere. We virtually had nothing - but importantly we hung in there.

Api started to make inroads and all of a sudden we were finding space everywhere and the Rooster's gas tank was emptied (maybe The Roosters longer season has them slightly underdone early into the season?) whilst we were suddenly full of running. It was either a 2nd wind of enthusiasm or superior fitness not sure which.

In the end the Roosters were lucky to only lose by 6 as the Panthers got quite sloppy trying to the seal the game.

As Nathan said in his interview on the Fox panel - there are still many area's to improve on. That is a positive in itself and so is Nathan's attitude of not simply being satisfied with the win but wanting to always improve.

Round 1. A few guys out so improvement is always on the cards

Kilkenny

Coach
Forgetting for one moment those who had written us off during that first half I personally thought Yeo, JFH and Api were outstanding. I haven’t looked at any stats or any other benchmarks just what I witnessed during the game at the game.

Latest posts