What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor suspended

gUt

Coach
giphy.gif

TheFrog

Coach
I thought that has to be made up so I googled around for that website. The interview is still up, it's legit. Towards the bottom of the page devoted to his interview, we get that quote.

Well he's kissed that career goodbye (literally).
No offence has been committed so I don't see why.

BadnMean

Juniors
No offence has been committed so I don't see why.

1) Because no principal is going to hire him.

2) Because he'll have to get his WWVP card & discuss this is in "disciplinary" section with them & that will be a hurdle to say the least.

3) Because it actually IS against the law to request children 16 years old send you nude pictures.

4) Whether he gets charged with #3 or not, consider it & refer back to #1

blue bags

First Grade
hope the 3 females involved are safe, staying strong, healthy:p

Disgraced Canterbury players Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera could be waiting until next week to learn their fate should they respond to NRL breach notices by 5.30pm on Tuesday.

It comes as senior Bulldogs players Josh Jackson and Aiden Tolman voice their concerns for the duo facing further suspension or deregistration.

Okunbor and Harawira-Naera were stood down by the NRL for taking teenage schoolgirls back to the team hotel for sex while in camp in Port Macquarie last month, breaking the game's code of conduct.

The duo are expecting heavy penalties, including deregistration, and have not been training with the team as they await their fate.

Their actions are not subject to a criminal investigation.

While he doesn't condone their behaviour, Bulldogs captain Jackson said he is concerned for the wellbeing of Okunbor, 23, and Harawira-Naera, 24, no matter what the punishment is.

"I will say those two guys, (what they did) doesn't reflect us as a club, it doesn't reflect our values and it doesn't reflect those guys' character as well," he said.

"We've got to make sure that we're careful here because they're young guys who've made a really bad decision, doesn't mean they're bad people, and we've got to make sure their welfare and their mental state is really looked after as well.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/disgra...nrl-fate/b77a238e-f901-48c3-8999-f0ef5c125604

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Kerre McIvor is not impressed by the latest alleged scandal surrounding the NRL.

Kiwis forward Corey Harawira-Naera and Bulldogs teammate Jayden Okunbor are alleged to have taken two girls, who they reportedly met at a school visit, back to their hotel rooms on a pre-season trip to Port Macquarie.

The NRL's issued the pair with show-cause notices.

Neither player is under criminal investigation and the females are over the age of consent. No complaint has been laid with the club by them or their families.

However the Bulldogs claim the pair have allegedly behaved in a way that breaches the NRL rules and the club's code of conduct.

Both have been stood down ahead of the competition opener against the Eels tomorrow night.

The story has still generated headlines and outrage, much to the chagrin of McIvor.

"There are no reports of these schoolgirls being dragged by the hair, kicking and screaming, back to the hair. There are no reports of the players being unduly coerced by the players. So where's the scandal?"

While the girls are at school, McIvor says that the only fault appears to be that the players didn't meet team guidelines.

"These girls are not victims. I wish the media, the community, the social media watchdogs, ready to shriek and take offence and blame and shame, would differentiate. Not all women who choose to have sex with men are victims. Stop infantalising women."

However, McIvor says that women cannot have their cake and eat it too - advocate for sexual freedom and choice, but then claim victimhood when women do that. https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air...r-how-is-consensual-sex-worthy-of-a-headline/