What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So apparently the team is staying on over there and we’ve been given access to call up Qld cup players to the squad too. Wonder how long morale will hold up.

a pay cut is fair enough, that’s gonna happen to most of us. I’m on my base rate while self isolating which is about 65-70% of what I usually actually earn so that 30% figure sounds about right. If that’s as painful as the next few months get I’ll count myself pretty lucky.
Depends who you want to beleive but NRL will go broke if more than 3 months off and tv deals don't pay as no play.

Penrose_11

Juniors
So apparently the team is staying on over there and we’ve been given access to call up Qld cup players to the squad too. Wonder how long morale will hold up.
Let me get this right. Are they saying we can call up any Qld Cup player? But what if they’re aligned with Melbourne, Brisbane, NthQ etc? There’s probably a few players out there that would certainly bolster our team even without this CV pandemic going on.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Vodafone Warriors v Canberra Raiders 2.00pm, Saturday, March 21, 2020 Cbus Super Stadium, Robina

Vodafone Warriors

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 Adam Pompey
3 David Fusitu'a
4 Adam Keighran
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Chanel Harris-Tavita
7 Blake Green
8 Leeson Ah Mau
9 Wayde Egan
10 Lachlan Burr
11 Eliesa Katoa
12 Tohu Harris
13 Adam Blair

Interchange:
14 Kodi Nikorima
15 Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
16 Isaiah Papali'i
17 King Vuniyayawa

18 Karl Lawton
20 Hayze Perham
21 Leivaha Pulu
22 Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard

Head Coach | Stephen Kearney

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Why keep Pulu over there away from his family when he will never get a run, there is more chance of Brady Malam getting a start

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
Those 4 players all left on Tuesday. No problems with restrictions. They are currently in 14 day self-isolation. I believe that none will be ready to play until Round 5 anyway due to injuries. I guess when they are fit to return, the will have carried out the requirements re isolation etc.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Those 4 players all left on Tuesday. No problems with restrictions. They are currently in 14 day self-isolation. I believe that none will be ready to play until Round 5 anyway due to injuries. I guess when they are fit to return, the will have carried out the requirements re isolation etc.

ah ok that makes sense then, I flew in the same day.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A few positives that might come from this:

We are going to hav the tightest, most focussed player group in the comp soon. No outside distractions, and hopefully they’ll be maximising the amount of training to keep them busy. Nobody is gonna be turning up to training late.
We’ll be better conditioned to play in warm conditions than usual, being based in them full-time.
I’m already seeing other fans getting behind us. Hopefully the boys see that goodwill and get additional motivation from it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
A few positives that might come from this:

We are going to hav the tightest, most focussed player group in the comp soon. No outside distractions, and hopefully they’ll be maximising the amount of training to keep them busy. Nobody is gonna be turning up to training late.
We’ll be better conditioned to play in warm conditions than usual, being based in them full-time.
I’m already seeing other fans getting behind us. Hopefully the boys see that goodwill and get additional motivation from it.

I’d argue the complete opposite. We’ll be less focused, out of our home routines, away and missing family, completely distracted.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I’d argue the complete opposite. We’ll be less focused, out of our home routines, away and missing family, completely distracted.
Don't be the glass half empty kinda guy...
Can you just imagine the meters Blair will eat when his mind is on the job?

My prediction:
Adam Blair
Running meters: 44
Tackles: 31

To be fair, aside from missed tackles his stats were decent last game

Rich102

Staff member
The disappointing thing for me last week was some of the forwards taking the first two tackles in a set to get back onside. They are not as fit as last year and the Knights were way fitter.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Don't be the glass half empty kinda guy...
Can you just imagine the meters Blair will eat when his mind is on the job?

My prediction:
Adam Blair
Running meters: 44
Tackles: 31

To be fair, aside from missed tackles his stats were decent last game

I got the tackles correct.

31 tackles
88 meters.

Lets not mention the missed tackles and errors tho :sweat_smile: