What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
Honestly what does it say about our club, our coach, our team as a unit, when after a 5 month break on the back of our worst season in recent history they not only throw away the unlosable match at home, but they repeat the same mistakes the very next week, again at home against a team that was ripe for the picking?

We are such an utter loser club under this management. Now we have an indeterminable amount of time to mull over it, while Mary gets paid for doing his usual, which is doing nothing.

After the last 7 or 8 years what is there to be proud or excited about the club and its management?? I can't get my young kids interested in the the game because of our feeble team.

I have no ties to the St George (or Illawarra) area. I'm a Dragons fan because my dad was. He was a fan because his father, like many others, aligned himself to that 11 straight dominating team of the 50/60s. I'm as diehard as they come and was proud of my team each and every year until about 2012. Even when we were flogged I had belief. It's not about glory supporting. It's about being on board a club that really wants to succeed, whether it's in the present or building for the future. This club has been seeking to do nothing progressive since 2010.

How long can we stand for this?
As long as I am alive and the Dragons exist in some form..even just following a reserve grade team I will be a loyal supporter....and will cheer for a win..(well a win only after Mc9 gets punted o_O).
But at the same time in my mid 50's...supporting them since the early 70's....I have earned the right like many others to be an harsh armchair critic of the elite level..and will continue to do so.

blacksafake

First Grade
As long as I am alive and the Dragons exist in some form..even just following a reserve grade team I will be a loyal supporter....and will cheer for a win..(well a win only after Mc9 gets punted o_O).
But at the same time in my mid 50's...supporting them since the early 70's....I have earned the right like many others to be an harsh armchair critic of the elite level..and will continue to do so.
Well said mate.

qld redvee

Juniors

100% agree BLM01 - through thick and thin the st george rollercoaster !!! but WE never get off the ride . loyal or mad Im not sure but I bleed red and white
great post !!

qld redvee

Juniors
Question for my knowledgeable colleagues ..

As we know Frizzell is the latest player to jump ship due to supercoach
Does anyone know if the same applied to Joel Thompson and Mike Cooper
i remember thommo asking for a release so he could get a longer contract from manly - SO had supercoach told him that his days were numbered
Mike Cooper I remember was suddenly going to be swapped for tariq simms from newcastle and then he cited family reasons and upped and went back to the old dart

If anyone can shed light on these 2 I would be interested to see if we can claim them as 2 more roadkills with the dreaded bus
thanks in advance

LINESPEED

Juniors
We have 15000 members which is a disgrace for such a club. I am sure we can get 5000 extra members overnight once he is gone.

Yes there’s no doubt The Waterboy is the sole reason for 5000 lost members, lost merchandising, sponsorship & gate averages shamefully around 9000.

Lots of money down the drain there Andrew.

How on earth can you & your sycophants justify his retention?

- or is the ‘coach’ your friend also just a stubborn rich man’s plaything too?

You have poor judgment Andrew Gordon

You are destroying your credibility.

Fate may intervene here.

It’s due

Beyond your money & control

Perhaps with McVirus docked in the Gong Shepherd & Flanno might get a gong during some unexpected but fortuitously extended quarantining?

The Carnival may be over

An easy out for you & The Clown

There’ll be twists & turns to come, but justice will prevail, as this cat’s 9 lives are up - and there’re several now sick in The Bronx.

On a seperate note I’m surprised the top 3 Dragons fullbacks are down to, Darius Boyd, Josh Dugan and Matt Dufty.
What about some great, long term, it’s yours to loose, he’s the front runner, fullbacks under McGregor like Beale, Mann and Lomax.

redVinme

Bench

i remember thommo asking for a release so he could get a longer contract from manly - SO had supercoach told him that his days were numbered
Mike Cooper I remember was suddenly going to be swapped for tariq simms from newcastle and then he cited family reasons and upped and went back to the old dart

If anyone can shed light on these 2 I would be interested to see if we can claim them as 2 more roadkills with the dreaded bus
thanks in advance

I seem to recall that Mike Cooper. Lined us up with both barrels after he left. Something about still living in the glory days of the past.

qld redvee

Juniors
I seem to recall that Mike Cooper. Lined us up with both barrels after he left. Something about still living in the glory days of the past.

I think your right at the time I thought it was him being an idiot, but maybe he had a falling out with mary just like frizz.. it just seemed strange that suddenly he went from being pretty well picked every week to heres a ticket to newcastle ....... if it was a mary induced reason then i can understand why he blew up deluxe

BLM01

First Grade

thanks in advance
Thommo definitely not. We did not want him longer than the 1 year he had left..he was on good coin with us but we were well covered in back row prior to JDB thingymyjig...
Likely McDunno thought he was past it and thought not worth the coin..
Manly offered JT a few year deal life line that he took while Barrett was there and he has shown a new leash of life now under a decent coach in Hasler when he was supposed to go to England in 2020.

BLM01

First Grade
Why wouldnt he.
While at St George every player media interview is held with a gun pointing at you in the back ground.. to toe the how great everything is line....Mary and the Board are like the firing squad.

redVinme

Bench
Why wouldnt he.
While at St George every player media interview is held with a gun pointing at you in the back ground.. to toe the how great everything is line....Mary and the Board are like the firing squad.
Absolutely.
Guantanimo dragons

Banjo2014

Juniors
It only get's better for this forum - Mary's mate Gould being touted as Greenberg's replacement as NRL CEO.

What did he do for us last year and what did he do with his 5 year plan at Penrith - fires a coach and brings him back - at my old company a very smart man once told me (when letting people go) never go backwards ......

Talk about jobs for the boys.

Sack Mack and don't bring Gould back.

Continued reading and saw that Andrew Johns supports the move.- possibly the most boring commentator in League

LINESPEED

Juniors
It only get's better for this forum - Mary's mate Gould being touted as Greenberg's replacement as NRL CEO.

What did he do for us last year and what did he do with his 5 year plan at Penrith - fires a coach and brings him back - at my old company a very smart man once told me (when letting people go) never go backwards ......

Continued reading and saw that Andrew Johns supports the move.- possibly the most boring commentator in League

Yes, with our current & past NRL leadership & commentariat no wonder the AFL’s club membership averages 58,000 & the NRL’s an abysmal second.

Monied Troggs in suits the lot.

No class at all

Chin up Zac, the bogan will soon be gone

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade

I like the move if he gets the job. Wont be perfect but understands the game and I have heard much better ideas to fix it from him than the current mob with their soft bandaid on the run solutions from and listening to countless committees of so called experts and ideas people.

Latest posts