What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons might go into out of town conference

jeffdragon

Bench
Should the NRL start again the dragons will be in the out of town conference.
The other conference will be all Sydney based teams.
For me it will be a hollow competition.
Others Thoughts on this ?

Coffs dragon

Bench
I feel sorry for the players having to play in a 2 tier bubble scenario conference. It will be sterile and just shows how much Fox Sports & CH.9 control the entire game.
I always said after the Super League war with News Limited money and power, that they will end up playing Footy in a TV studio environment. Well here we are!

BLM01

First Grade
It is obvious they are really confident that will be able to achieve some sort of competition from June on....and be training for that together next month.(do they get special treatment to have such a large gathering)
..or they are getting people and players excited over nothing.

Also conveniently ties in on how they agreed on 7 months salary for players which is paid up to the end of May...then if a new comp starts...players not out of pocket?

Dragons had more chance of wins playing Sydney teams. Titans is about the only one external they could beat...bit like the 16 team comp anyway.
Are Warriors part of this?

jeffdragon

Bench
It is obvious they are really confident that will be able to achieve some sort of competition from June on....and be training for that together next month.(do they get special treatment to have such a large gathering)
..or they are getting people and players excited over nothing.

Also conveniently ties in on how they agreed on 7 months salary for players which is paid up to the end of May...then if a new comp starts...players not out of pocket?

Dragons had more chance of wins playing Sydney teams. Titans is about the only one external they could beat...bit like the 16 team comp anyway.
Are Warriors part of this?
At the moment the warriors are.

Dragon David

First Grade
We have a micky mouse coach, what’s the difference if we’re in a micky mouse competition?

At this stage, l’d be happy just to witness some rugby league.

View attachment 37403

"Whose the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E". Yes it is the Mickey Mouse club boys and girls and your coach is no other than the mickiest of all mouses, Mary McMouse. Come and see his world renown Dragons dazzle you with their brilliance and flair that only McMouse is able to do with the players he has coached.

I also would be happy to see some live rugby league rather than all of the replays we are getting on Foxsports. In saying this however, having the two tier conference scenario with the players accommodated in an isolated campus without wives/girlfriends/partners/children for some 3-4 months will be frustrating for all concerned if you know what I mean! The guys will get sick and tired of each other as well. What about when the kids get sick or the pregnant partner has any complications etc, how do the guys get to go and see them and help out in any crisis? There are too many complexities in this scenario.

They only want to get the games going to get money rolling in as quickly as possible, which is understandable. That's money rolling in but at what expense??

TruSaint

Referee
I feel sorry for the players having to play in a 2 tier bubble scenario conference. It will be sterile and just shows how much Fox Sports & CH.9 control the entire game.
I always said after the Super League war with News Limited money and power, that they will end up playing Footy in a TV studio environment. Well here we are!

What he said.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[Source].

Conference 1 (so-called 'Sydney based'): Canterbury, Cronulla, Manly, Parramatta, Penrith, Souths, Easts, Wests Tigers

Saints are supposed to be a non Sydney based team, despite having a home ground and Leagues Club in Kogarah?

Conference 2: Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Nth Qld, Melbourne, Warriors and St George.- apparently all to play in Qld?

The travel loading alone creates an uneven playing field.

Can't see it working. The broadcasters driving this need to go back to the drawing board.

Father Ted

First Grade
[Source].

Conference 1 (so-called 'Sydney based'): Canterbury, Cronulla, Manly, Parramatta, Penrith, Souths, Easts, Wests Tigers

Saints are supposed to be a non Sydney based team, despite having a home ground and Leagues Club in Kogarah?

Conference 2: Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Nth Qld, Melbourne, Warriors and St George.- apparently all to play in Qld?

The travel loading alone creates an uneven playing field.

Can't see it working. The broadcasters driving this need to go back to the drawing board.

And as the Qld border is shut.. Well good luck seeing a game unless you have Fox.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wait until the local cops show up in there blue sleaveless shirts , stubbies and ugg boots then offer you a year in the big house , deportation or a 5 year membership for the Titans then you'll be sorry
Hawaiian sleeveless shirts, please. They're not totally without class.

Dragon David

First Grade
And as the Qld border is shut.. Well good luck seeing a game unless you have Fox.
I think if this scenario was to go ahead, the games would be played without spectators at the grounds because social distancing would still be part of life for quite some time, otherwise why would the players be isolated. I will have to get the sports package back on Foxsports which I recently cancelled.

Father Ted

First Grade
I think if this scenario was to go ahead, the games would be played without spectators at the grounds because social distancing would still be part of life for quite some time, otherwise why would the players be isolated. I will have to get the sports package back on Foxsports which I recently cancelled.
I'll have to go over to the pub or club to watch except they are all closed . Be a nice time if this happens for all games even delayed to be allowed back on free to air , just a little payback to all the long suffering and isolated fans. Social distancing equals social justuce ...

blacksafake

First Grade
Besides there actually being games to finally watch the other positive could be with us being classified as an out of city team if they decide that there are too many city teams & some need to go, we should be safe. That's my strange take on it & I'm clinging to it.:rolleyes: