What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
What was the one again. The Pirate Radio Station and only Max Bygrave records. That one stuck in my memory.

The Rolf Harris episode was brilliant. It came out around the time of that fillem I think it was Daktari. In the fillem they hunt Rhino by sitting on the front of a big landrover with a big pole with a lasso attached and they chase and hook the beast at full speed. You'd see the rhino often shoulder charge into the side of the moving jeep - all at high speed.

Well fharrkk me the Goodies used the same technique to chase and hook the fleeing Rolfs. The rolf would also veer and drive his shoulder into the front side of the jeep as he was being chased.

Shit it was funny stuff.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Morning news were showing the giant cat episode, shame it wasn’t the Rolf harris episode - would never see the light of day now.
Amazing contribution across the board Taylor was - even the cartoon Bananaman deserves a shout out

Eion

First Grade
Morning news were showing the giant cat episode, shame it wasn’t the Rolf harris episode - would never see the light of day now.
Amazing contribution across the board Taylor was - even the cartoon Bananaman deserves a shout out
Ha. Bananaman! Forgot all about that

Omnishark2

Juniors
Shattered, another childhood legend dies, bloody Covid ... the Goodies were a brilliant mix of satire, physical stunts, and just plain ridiculous stuff.
Vale Timbo !

All time favourite episode was the one about the black puddings Ecky Thump
Yep one of my fav eps too - hilarious

I remember the episode about South Africa was deliciously politically incorrect
Even though it was satire, they couldn't air it now.
I've just tried to find it on YouTube - seems to be airbrushed from history :(

coolumsharkie

Referee
What was the one again. The Pirate Radio Station and only Max Bygrave records. That one stuck in my memory.

The Rolf Harris episode was brilliant. It came out around the time of that fillem I think it was Daktari. In the fillem they hunt Rhino by sitting on the front of a big landrover with a big pole with a lasso attached and they chase and hook the beast at full speed. You'd see the rhino often shoulder charge into the side of the moving jeep - all at high speed.

Well fharrkk me the Goodies used the same technique to chase and hook the fleeing Rolfs. The rolf would also veer and drive his shoulder into the front side of the jeep as he was being chased.

Shit it was funny stuff.

"Aaaand dont the kids love him" The Rolfy ep

"And now it's time for ...A walk in the black forest" The Pirate radio ep