What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg stands down

Saxon

Bench
It's amazing how frequently the game bows down to the media.

I'm not a Greenburg fan, but there is no justification for his removal.
Regardless of what anyone says about the wrestle, Channel Nein is the biggest plague in the game today.

Having said, that; don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Toddie.

betcats

Referee
There has also been a rapid increase in female participation and a women’s comp in place. The nines is a fun tournament as well which has come in through Greenberg’s time. I’ve also felt that the link to regional areas has been handled well. I feared that the city country game being dropped was going to hurt regional fans but they have compensated it very well with NRL matches taken there. He wasn’t perfect there a things he did I really didn’t like it but I felt he did a few good things.

A lot of those country games are organised by the clubs not the nrl. The women’s Comp is great but women’s sport has been taking off in general. AFL, cricket, soccer....he was just following the trend not doing anything ground breaking.

Frailty

First Grade
We needed Vlandys a few years ago. Better late than never but f**k me how did the commissionleave Greenberg the invisible merkin there for four years, the commission needs a clean out also.

Pretty easy to leave an 'invisible man' in charge when that man oversees record revenue for the game, greater investment in junior participation, greater investment in Digital media to reduce reliability of media outlets, etc.

V'Landys has been on the commission since early 2018. The game literally had him a few years ago.

Cactus

Juniors
Not a smart political move.

One less fall guy now to place the heat onto once a dodgy broadcast deal is done.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Statement should have said “We have finally reached a price tag Todd is happy with for him to resign”

betcats

Referee
Pretty easy to leave an 'invisible man' in charge when that man oversees record revenue for the game, greater investment in junior participation, greater investment in Digital media to reduce reliability of media outlets, etc.

V'Landys has been on the commission since early 2018. The game literally had him a few years ago.

And as soon as Vlandys had the power the lame duck Todd Greenberg is gone, I wonder if they will but his wife a 10k ring?

Latest posts