What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg stands down

super_coach

First Grade
The AFL CEO was very straight forward, gave everyone the answers they have needed. He's come out of this looking like a top quality CEO. Greenburg...well, ordinary is putting it nicely.
Agreed..but the AFL there was light at the end of the tunnel. On the other hand the NRL's future was looking bleaker than Virgin Airlines. Just think the AFL had a easier message to sell...Dont get me wrong, over the moon with Toddy's exit

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Possibly because he wasn’t doing a great job in the first place!

As all the numbers/facts on growth over the last 4 years prove.........pleaseeeeeeeeee

This is a media driven culling, maybe Greenberg was going to make Nine pay full freight ie. stick to the original contract?

Maybe he was not keen on coming back to playing so soon which would have angered News Ltd.

What I do know is the "financial mismanagement" rubbish is a smokescreen for the real reason.

shear_joy9

Coach
Greenburg's ticket was punched the minute that f**king snake V'landys came in.
Now we'll see a nine/fox puppet take over and sign over media rights for a rotten apple.

some11

Referee

King hit

Coach
Remember when the daily shitrag used ladders to get photos of dogs players drinking on the upper level of a pub.
I remember once when Cronulla held mad monday at one of the players houses and the telegraph still went out and slandered them the next day. They are snakes.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Mark "I Want To Be A Big As F**kwit As Hadley" Levy outdone his master in the crawly bum lick department this evening at 6 by calling Vlandy & I quote " the greatest sports administrator in the world"

Jesus wept.

betcats

Referee
Todd becoming a martyr now hahah what a joke.

Why do you guys keep posting the links from these stories and giving them more hits? Not just in this thread but in general I see so many people here with an incredibly low opinion of the media(which is fair enough)and yet you are all over their pages reading their shit and then posting the link here, you are helping them if you do that, it doesn’t matter if you bagging them, posting their links is helping them. They care a lot more about getting clicks than what anyone thinks about their journalism standards.

Last edited:

Cactus

Juniors
There is no reason every contracted nrl player can’t take part in one school visit or after school clinic each year, make it a contractual obligation or an obligation as part of the clubs grant.

Introduced under the concept of the "buddy" system.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/5e238a4f98d9822597cf6e1d7a2cd194

Ok so now they have taken a photo of him in his own home from what I will assume are the bushes.

What the actual F is going on? So weird

No sympathy for him , if he doesn’t like the invasion of privacy maybe he should have slammed the “broadcast partners “ when they invaded players privacy instead fining clubs / players / suspension

no better example than bulldog mad Monday incident

King hit

Coach
No sympathy for him , if he doesn’t like the invasion of privacy maybe he should have slammed the “broadcast partners “ when they invaded players privacy instead fining clubs / players / suspension

no better example than bulldog mad Monday incident
Todd wasn’t the one who was taking those photos

Cactus

Juniors
No. There was no reason to talk about the games revenue when they were talking about the cost of running the game, It’s not cherry picking at all.

No. Not at all. A financial discussion would never contemplate the notion of talking about revenue and costs at the very same time.lolololol. Not even related in financial circles.

Mate, argue it like your'e having a wet dream at a uni debating contest all you like.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No. There was no reason to talk about the games revenue when they were talking about the cost of running the game, It’s not cherry picking at all.

Well if your going to use cherry picked line items to put out an innuendo that the game is spending too much you could be honest and mention how much that spending is creating in revenue. Out of the $500k a day mentioned, around $287k a day of it is being used to bring in $527k a day. But I guess that doesn’t suit the narrative.

betcats

Referee
No. Not at all. A financial discussion would never contemplate the notion of talking about revenue and costs at the very same time.lolololol. Not even related in financial circles.

Mate, argue it like your'e having a wet dream at a uni debating contest all you like.

I didn’t say they weren’t related where has that come from? They were not doing a financial discussion they were talking about the CEO standing down and highlighting the cost of running the game. They made no claims about about the amount of revenue being generated.

betcats

Referee
Well if your going to use cherry picked line items to put out an innuendo that the game is spending too much you could be honest and mention how much that spending is creating in revenue. Out of the $500k a day mentioned, around $287k a day of it is being used to bring in $527k a day. But I guess that doesn’t suit the narrative.

You want them to report the nrl in the best light possible always and because they haven’t it’s misleading and cherry picking etc, that’s delusional PR. The game is profitable, they have talked about our surplus many times so unless people think the NRL have a money tree growing somewhere then of course there is revenue being generated and more money is coming in then going out, do you really think people don’t understand how a surplus is achieved???

Latest posts