What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did they actually play for us XIII

David Trewhella, aka The Cupboard, ex Easts hooker came to us in 92 through Artie Beetson, and was seen as a major buy. He was displaced by Aaron Raper after about 5 games.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Joe Vitanza 90 games panthers and Gold coast comes to us in 1992 1 game
Jason McLean in 1993 another 1 gamer, was a dynamite junior with the Dogs, actually worked with him in 2003, really nice guy

Don Tweddle

Juniors
The mid 2000’s and early 2010’s had some pearlers. Andrew Emelio, Corey Hughes, Tim Weyman, John Williams, Andrew Lomu, Daniel Mortimer, T-Rex, Vince Mellars, Nathan Vagg, Dale Newtown, Broderick Wright, Trent Grubb, Luke McDougall, Jason Williams, Toshio Laiseni are some of my more memorable ones.

Laloa Milford, Jason Kent and the immortal Don Tweddle were some other classics of the godforsaken Opes era.

Andrew Dallalana was another random to play NRL - I believe he was described as a teenage prodigy but peaked too early and only played a handful of first grade games. He continued to play for Cabra in Ron Massey for quite a while after that.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Has Russell Aitken got a gig in this thread? Apparently Melbourne signed him after watching footage of reserve grade and confusing him with Matt Hilder.

President Trump

Juniors
Laloa Milford, Jason Kent and the immortal Don Tweddle were some other classics of the godforsaken Opes era.

Andrew Dallalana was another random to play NRL - I believe he was described as a teenage prodigy but peaked too early and only played a handful of first grade games. He continued to play for Cabra in Ron Massey for quite a while after that.

In 2003 or 2004 when Noddy was injured it transpired that Kent was actually our best halfback option. He may have had more of a positive impact playing in the halves than his usual position of centre even, from memory.

Didn't Dallalana end up playing for Italy at one stage?

African Monkey

First Grade
Didn’t artie try to sign sailor when he was here before sailor debuted? Benji picked the dragons over us on his return even though we had Beau, Gibbs etc. Farah was in line to replace ennis but picked Souths. Apparently Mason was on his way to sign with us in 2002 before his mum called him and told him to stay a dog.

The mid 2000’s and early 2010’s had some pearlers. Andrew Emelio, Corey Hughes, Tim Weyman, John Williams, Andrew Lomu, Daniel Mortimer, T-Rex, Vince Mellars, Nathan Vagg, Dale Newtown, Broderick Wright, Trent Grubb, Luke McDougall, Jason Williams, Toshio Laiseni are some of my more memorable ones.
Clifford Manua, Jacob Selmes....

shadowboxer

First Grade
Laloa Milford - nothing but bad memories that one. I remember seeing sharks v roosters at SFS, sat night and managed to get a spot in corporate box - wasted in freebies and watching Milford score a length of the field try, only when grounding the ball im pretty sure he winded himself and was totally ineffective from then on.
Sharks mounted a gallant fight back which ended in still a belting.
The hangover wasn’t worth it the next day

Has Russell Aitken got a gig in this thread? Apparently Melbourne signed him after watching footage of reserve grade and confusing him with Matt Hilder.

I can remember Russell being rated highly in this here forum back in the day and because of Kimmorley having locked up the half back position, he went elsewhere. Last I saw of him was replacement hooker for Cameron Smith at Melbourne for the 2008 grand final, the one Manly won 40 - 0.

Special K

Coach
Aitken was with Lovegrove, Galloway, Simmons and Williams were a different crop to Firman from memory.

That 2004 flegg grand final produced a ton of NRL players for both teams.

PJ

First Grade
Aitken was with Lovegrove, Galloway, Simmons and Williams were a different crop to Firman from memory.

That 2004 flegg grand final produced a ton of NRL players for both teams.

THey were 3 years apart, so I may be wrong but I was sure I watched them play together in lower grades.