What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Treister

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dean Treister trivia:
One night about 10 years ago on the pizz he told me he played junior representative Aussie Rules for Hawthorn when he was about 13.
On the same night he asked if I could give him a job, he's obviously come a long way since then.

Hope you didn't believe that. Dean was a scrawny winger at DLS at that age.

Hope you didn't believe that. Dean was a scrawny winger at DLS at that age.

I totally believed it. About 10 mins later that Fitzy (aussie rules-big brother) guy walked into the pub we were at, Dean picked him up and then told him the same thing. I may have the age he said wrong.

sharkman73

Juniors

Special K

Coach
The Heighno one was great. Just on the deano one - why did they laugh at laguna street school? Is it a shit hole?

carcharias

Immortal
Just went for a run and listened to about half of the dean treister one.
That is great.
Man good times on the hill.

I thought TK was the little fat f**ker from the radio and TV with the shit hair dye job.
Ha

carcharias

Immortal
Finished this Dean Treister podcast just now.
Wow
That was bloody great.
loved him as a player and to hear his thoughts on it all was unreal.

Anderson was a merkin.

Special K

Coach
Sizzling take to say 99 and 2001 were better teams than 2016 from TK. That 2016 team set a record for wins in a row and got the job done.

Great pod, loved him giving it to Andos kid haha

Last edited:
Great podcast! one of my very favorite players of that era. His passion absolutely shone through.Highlighted some of the most unique and best aspects of rugby league.

Initially little dissapointed in assesment of Anderson era but on reflection totally sympathise with the personal focus.I mainly would love oneday to get some insight into the Anderson flat attack strategy,that he seemed to kling to long after other coaches worked it out,Kimoreleys single minded adherance to that strategy and wether Kimorley was part of a package ,not worth much without his 5/8 partner from the Storm. cause they did kick arse for a while there.?
oh and shite act from Anderson at the end. Sounds Just week from someone pretending to be strong

Last edited: