What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R3 Sat - Sharks 16-28 Wests Tigers @ Bankwest

Round 3: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 3
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Wests Tigers
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Saturday 30 May 2020

TL-CRO20.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Josh Dugan 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Shaun Johnson 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Jack Williams
Interchange: 14. Connor Tracey 15. Braden Hamlin-Uele 16. Toby Rudolf 17. Scott Sorensen 18. Billy Magoulias 19. Matt Moylan 20. Royce Hunt 21. Siosifa Talakai

TL-WST20.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Oliver Clark 15. Billy Walters 16. Chris Lawrence 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Josh Reynolds 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Zane Musgrove 21. Michael Chee-Kam

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Jon Stone
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Lowe

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This has the potential to be a real belter to be honest. The Tigpies are just outside the 8 and will want to claw their way in as quickly as possible under this new season format, while by the same token the Sharks are winless and staring at oblivion far sooner than they anticipated.

I'm gonna go the Tiggers just because they are coming back into the season with a tad more momentum, but a high scoring ambush at home by the Sharkies is not farfetched.

The unknown

Juniors
Basically a completely new spine for us, especially excited to see how Grant goes at #9. They rate him pretty highly, and also expecting BJ to bounce back from his shocker against Newcastle if he had any integrity

That Newcastle game was one of the most pathetic Tigers performances i've seen and theres been quite a few. Expecting a bounce back factor, surely

Vic Mackey

Referee
This has the potential to be a real belter to be honest. The Tigpies are just outside the 8 and will want to claw their way in as quickly as possible under this new season format, while by the same token the Sharks are winless and staring at oblivion far sooner than they anticipated.

I'm gonna go the Tiggers just because they are coming back into the season with a tad more momentum, but a high scoring ambush at home by the Sharkies is not farfetched.

Even though it’s a sharks home game it’s likely going to be at Campbelltown, and with no crowds Im not sure how much home grounds are going to help atm.

I think out of all teams these two will have benefited most from the break as both started the year fairly injury ravaged. Wests with only 1 of their full strength spine and then lost 2 forwards in the first half of round 2, whilst the Sharks had their third choice fullback and a few forwards missing.

The Sharks just went down to two 2019 top 4 sides and were unlucky to lose both. Tigers had two very loose and weird see sawing games that I took little from win or lose.

We've had a funny record against the Sharks, haven't beaten them since 2014 yet won 12 of the 13 prior to that. Like last year both these sides would see themselves as fighting for bottom of the top 8 spots and I expect it to be a close rusty game. Will wait to see the teams before I make a tip.

TheFrog

Coach
Sharks have lost to 2 quality opponents and always start slow. They might have to wait another week to open their account. This grounds arrangement suits them since they were playing at Kogarah this year anyway.

The unknown

Juniors
Sharks have lost to 2 quality opponents and always start slow. They might have to wait another week to open their account. This grounds arrangement suits them since they were playing at Kogarah this year anyway.

Sharpies probably should have beat souffs and pushed Melbourne all the way, definitely not an easy game for us by any means

Valheru

Coach
I think Tigers are the better team but the sharks have something the tigers don't, heart and determination and a willingess to roll the sleeves up.

I have a soft spot for the tigers but until they find some steel they will languish in 9th spot.

Sharks by 4.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ve got a slight lean to the sharks. I like our starting 13 however a brand new spine will take some time to gel, it’s Brooks first game in 8 months and our bench lacks impact. Looking forward to Seyfarth debuting, big kid still growing who goes hard however the other 3 don’t bring much.

Dugan and BJ marking each other should make for some laughs though.

Will tip Sharks 18-14

SBD82

Coach
Tough game to tip.

I was already having trouble with it, but now with the Xerri saga I think the Sharks are unpredictable. Do they roll over because of the disruption? Or are they steeled for a win with a siege mentality?

Frailty

First Grade
I'm inclined to tip the Tigers.

I do not have confidence in the outside backs in combination with the rocks or diamonds stuff from SJ and the rocks or footpath stuff from Townsend in the halves. I think the Tigers have a sneaky decent team that could surprise a fair few people.

The unknown

Juniors
I'm inclined to tip the Tigers.

I do not have confidence in the outside backs in combination with the rocks or diamonds stuff from SJ and the rocks or footpath stuff from Townsend in the halves. I think the Tigers have a sneaky decent team that could surprise a fair few people.

I think if it’s a tight tussle you blokes win. We can just never win em

Fifita still has an agenda against us for the way we got rid of him so he’ll fire up aswell

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The one or two days a year I want to kidnap Benji.

Love him every other day.

Knows how to carve a shark.