What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsilium

First Grade
I’d prefer we keep Tamou. He’s got experience, he’ll likely re-sign cheaper and he’s a good person to have around the club.

His form last year was good and I feel he’s done plenty on and off the field to justify his last deal, so reward him with a new one.

kinghippo

Juniors
If we can’t keep Tamou we should have a look at Rudolf. He is a big unit and has really been dominant in the first few rounds.
There was a few rumours the warriors were trying to nab him.

martielang

Bench
Other then the first year when he was a bit average, Tamous been a real solid signing for us. Comes down to $$$ but hopefully we can hang onto him. I do wonder though if Tetevano was brought in to take up that leadership role potentially?

franklin2323

Immortal
Other then the first year when he was a bit average, Tamous been a real solid signing for us. Comes down to $$$ but hopefully we can hang onto him. I do wonder though if Tetevano was brought in to take up that leadership role potentially?

Guys like yourself rate Leota. I see Tetevano as being here to fill the gap until guys like that are ready to take over.

Whino

Bench
Did I read somewhere the Warriors have signed former Panther Murdoch - Masila on a three year deal from next season.

Yeah they signed him up a month or two ago. They have been trying to get him this season as well.
Good to see him back in the NRL.

Whino

Bench
I agree. Good player, fitness was an issue for him but no lack of ability.

Had a rough trot with injuries. One stage he thought he chance of making it in NRL was gone. I don't blame him for taking up the Warriors enticing contact.

martielang

Bench
Like others I rate BMM highly, was hoping we’d have a crack as we could do with an offload & footwork up the middle or off the bench.

Pretty sure he only left us because he was offered big $$$$ in SL, as opposed to us not wanting him.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Personally, I really hope not - As I've stated before, he's not the type of guy I'd like mentoring our younger crop - I do understand however, that I'm very much in the minority with that one.

mxlegend99

Referee
Personally, I really hope not - As I've stated before, he's not the type of guy I'd like mentoring our younger crop - I do understand however, that I'm very much in the minority with that one.
He doesn't really have the same workrate as Tamou either. I don't think he could cover that role well at all. But maybe he could be a mentor through example for guys with discipline issues off the field... Which we have a few of.

I think what he did is irredeemable as far as our sport goes and that he shouldn't have ever gotten a second chance at the NRL. But he did. So ignoring that... from all appearances he has taken the second chance and might be a good player to try getting some of our young punks heads back on straight. I believe any player to do it today would be losing their careers now.

Blade23

Juniors
I can't and won't defend what Tetevano did.
All I can do is offer what role the club expects out of him.

Off the field, He is a very good trainer. He does a lot of extra training to help himself keep fit and knows how to properly prepare before and after games. That is always a positive any coach looks for to rub off on the lazy ones.
Any off-field garbage that players get into, someone like him (him now, not the scum version years ago) would have a quiet word to the player to try and keep the player in line.
Over the Covid break, he was paired with Kikau. They picked him because he is a reliable trainer that can keep Kikau on his toes and push him.
He won't be a metre eater but will offer a hard edge on the field. He is one of those players that the stats won't stand out, but the little things will. Opposition players like to avoid him because he hits the line and them hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts