What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Titans @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Titans v Wests Tigers

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 4
Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Milton
Sunday 7 June 2020

TL-GLD20.png

1. Tyrone Roberts 2. Phillip Sami 3. Dale Copley 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Brian Kelly 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Erin Clark 10. Sam Lisone 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow
Interchange: 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Jaimin Jolliffe 16. Bryce Cartwright 17. Young Tonumaipea 18. Jarrod Wallace 19. Jai Whitbread 20. Anthony Don 21. Jonus Pearson

TL-WST20.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Oliver Clark 15. Billy Walters 16. Chris Lawrence 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Josh Reynolds 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Corey Thompson 21. Michael Chee-Kam

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have an awful feeling about this game.

You’re not alone

This is a pretty big test. If we beat the Titans and do it with little fuss it’s a sign we are on the improve. If we just scrape past or somehow let them beat us then nothing’s changed

Going 3-1 would be a great start to the year considering the outs we had for rounds 1&2

Will05

Juniors
if we don't win this week we don't deserve to play finals
only changes I would make are with the bench
14. Walters
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Seyfarth

Will05

Juniors
if we don't win this week we don't deserve to play finals
14. Walters
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Seyfarth

Tigerm

First Grade
We got this by 20, with AD MoM

If we are going to win the comp, these games are "must win" for us.

A worrying game because the Titans are full of players who show up once every 8 weeks. Those players usually love playing us. If we start well we should win and win well.

I
f we don't win this week we don't deserve to play finals
14. Walters
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Seyfarth
I agree Will05, the major reason I agree is the fact that it's another week the likes of Musgrove & Chee-Kam do not get game time. I would not be surprised if Jennings gets a 'rest' simply to give Corey Thompson and/or Tommy Talau a run.

I think without a reserve grade comp, Madge is going to have to give guys a run at some stage.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I I agree Will05, the major reason I agree is the fact that it's another week the likes of Musgrove & Chee-Kam do not get game time. I would not be surprised if Jennings gets a 'rest' simply to give Corey Thompson and/or Tommy Talau a run.

I think without a reserve grade comp, Madge is going to have to give guys a run at some stage.

Yeah i think every player in the top 30 bar Dylan Smith and probably Liddle (injury) will get a game this year.

The unknown

Juniors
Could BJ and Mbye swap sides for defensive purposes? Or are we always just going to have that same inept RHS weakness

Thought Mbye handled Ramien quite well on Saturday, who is a pretty classy centre

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Titians have a real history of beating us. They have speed and can play the razzle dazzle stuff. On paper we should win and win well, but I have seen these games get ugly so often. Fingers crossed Madge has this team in a position they can win back to back games

BrotherJim05

Bench
We always seem to lose to bottom-feeder teams when we are coming off the back of a win. I'm mentally prepared for a loss but I have a funny feeling we are going to romp them by 20+

I just saw too much resilience and character in the side on the weekend to think we will take it too casually.

It was a much more composed second half, the players soaked up the tirade at half time and fed off Madge’s energy.

A nice solemn professional feel about the squad at the moment. The nice thing is that they don’t have a lot of footy with each other and they are gelling much better than most teams.

The engine room is humming. My fave Josh A is beginning to get his mojo back. On his day, he’s one of the most dominant forwards in the comp and there’s no instant selection into the pack these days.

We are generally winning games that could have gone either way and that’s all we can ask for.

Much better than last year I think. Much more faith in each other and seem more agile.

The titans let down their guard for a moment, they are in grave danger of being steamrolled, this could be a good break out for us before having to put our heads down again. They will need to lift a lot to beat us. They are still rebuilding but have signed a good coach.

I respect the titans and their fans for their courage.

Madge will mix up the squad, you have to be super man not to get rested at some stage. He’s insuring us against injuries.

Thommo won’t be warming the bench for too long.

Last edited:

gordynz

Juniors
Over the years we've never had the intimidating attitude needed to put away teams like the Titans on a regular basis. Although with Madge now well into his tenure I'd like to think that's changing.

With Benji controlling the team, Brooks playing confidently off his running game and our big boys going forward, I do think we're capable of performing consistently over the season. We should be near full strength and there are absolutely no excuses this weekend

Brooks is a class player down to his bootstraps. A lot of clubs would love to partake of his services.

He has chequered periods and sometimes they go on for too long, but you know deep down, he is capable of playing a superb game against any opposition.

I agree this game will tell us a lot about how far we’ve come since last year and perhaps where we are heading. Madge will respect them but underneath is hoping we obliterate them. If so, we have a fighting chance to make an impression this year.

Last edited: