What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Decent enough performance to restart things. I have no doubt that robbo will time things perfectly as normal.

The Morris brothers showed their worth yesterday. They won't steamroll 3 blokes for a try but they will finish opportunities with poise as Josh showed with the grubber and will put in defensively as Brett showed with that amazing chase.

Robbo seemed filthy with letting in 12 points but he must be pleased on the inside. The Brett Chase was backed up by his team mates who to a man sprinted back to position when required. Teddy very nearly stripped the ball in that first try and not convinced the 2nd try wasn't a knock on. Defence is attitude, commitment and communication and that was there in spades last night.

3 teddy
2 Keary
1 Brett for that chase

Solid effort last night and could’ve scored more if the execution wasn’t a little rusty. I was filthy with the 12 points let in too but they did come off the back of repeat possessions and yes, not convinced by the Burgess try either. His hand was definitely between ball and turf. Friend still seems to throw a lot of forward passes from dummy half but had a solid game. Cords looks better when fresh. Thought everyone looked pretty good given the disruption but there’s still a bit of work ahead for young Flanno. Some kicks and passes he would no doubt like to have again.
Do Vic and JWH have any carryovers? I assume the latter does? I can’t keep up with Jared.

3. Teddy
2. Vic
1. B Moz For same reasons as above.

Valheru

Coach
Radley shouldn't even be charged. The tackle went a touch wrong so definite penalty but it was front on and one on one, very little in it.

Very little in Jared's as well but carry over will see him miss a week

Radley shouldn't even be charged. The tackle went a touch wrong so definite penalty but it was front on and one on one, very little in it.

Yep. Thought it was a great tackle but don’t trust the judiciary

In my opinion -

3 points: James Tedesco. 267 metres from 21 runs, 109 post contact metres, 2 line breaks,1 try. Guy was everywhere in attack and defence.

2 points: Daniel Tupou. May not have been as flashy as Teddy, but he was the second player to make 200+ meters with ball in hand. He does a lot of grunt work with the ball, especially coming off our own line. Whilst I was tempted to go for Brett Morris for his great defensive play, I think Tupes over all game was better.

1 point: Victor Radley.

In my opinion -

3 points: James Tedesco. 267 metres from 21 runs, 109 post contact metres, 2 line breaks,1 try. Guy was everywhere in attack and defence.

2 points: Daniel Tupou. May not have been as flashy as Teddy, but he was the second player to make 200+ meters with ball in hand. He does a lot of grunt work with the ball, especially coming off our own line. Whilst I was tempted to go for Brett Morris for his great defensive play, I think Tupes over all game was better.

I thought Teddy was deadset certain to crack 300 metres

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
3 Teddy
2 Radley
1 Cordner, some of his carries were so tough and always pokes his head through the line.

Felt most of the lads played super well last night.

horrie hastings

First Grade
In my opinion -

Totally agree re Toups, one of the best games I have seen him play and he has played plenty of them for the Roosters, so many little things that he did last night that add up.

Valheru

Coach
Totally agree re Toups, one of the best games I have seen him play and he has played plenty of them for the Roosters, so many little things that he did last night that add up.

Toops is having one of the great career come backs.

In 2017 he was dead set lucky to maintain his place.

From 2018 onwards one of the best wingers in the comp

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Radley
2. Teddy
1. Cordner

A very dominant win. Our forward pack looked very powerful. The backrow all were immense and our prop rotation with the arrival of Collins looks brutal.

I agree, and so did the ABC commentators last Sunday.

I am glad you were wrong about JWH. ;) It surprised me too TBH.

3. Radley
2. Teddy
1. Cordner

A very dominant win. Our forward pack looked very powerful. The backrow all were immense and our prop rotation with the arrival of Collins looks brutal.
I am excited to see how Lindsay is developing. He should go far. I like Isaac as a player, but unfortunately his form in the first two rounds did not justify a starting spot. I look forward to seeing him improve over the coming weeks.

Latest posts