What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread 12/6/20

Noise

Coach
Meh.

I'm comfortable with where we are at.

Penrith have been very strong, but our biggest issue has been our errors, imo.

That, and Blake, and Ferguson, don't communicate in defence.

Stop making errors, calm down, and we can work our way back in, imo.

Not Waqa's fault. Its a man on man situation and he had his man covered. Fergo is just jamming in for no reason causing the overlap.

T.S Quint

Coach
Eels with some really poor errors let all the early pressure off. Penrith are just rolling through us in the forwards and getting the ball out wide quicker and easier in our half. Their completion rate is excellent.

The only time we have come close to scoring is when both our halves ran the ball between their forwards. We might need a bit more of that.

Kornstar

Coach
Wasnt that a forward pass?

Considering the amount of attention that pass got last week, they were very quiet about it tonight.

Seems the only time you are allowed to talk about forward passes is when it happens at the end of the game when it is in the balance, otherwise it doesn't matter?

Anyways, we have been very poor and Panthers are a much better looking team.

We should make the finals but much like last year we won't get too far because we just aren't aggressive enough or have enough effort when it really matters.

We actually look very unfit tonight considering how easy Penrith have made the game look.

Tooooks

Bench
Probably stating the obvious here but if they score next, we’re done.

Their quick play the balls are killing us.

Noise

Coach
The stupid offload from Paulo was the turning point. We had just halted the momentum, got into a decent position from a great Moses penalty kick then Paulo tries to throw a dumb offload without getting his arm free on the 2nd tackle. We didn't get the ball back for multiple sets and then they scored.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I really don't think the effort can be called into question - if the effort levels weren't there, we would be down by 24 at halftime, rather thab 10.

Penrith have been way better, but if we get some possession in the second half, anything can happen.

T-Boon

Coach
We just lack a strike weapon (Tedesco, trobijovic, semi) to win a premiership with this team.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’ve noticed that Moses still doesn’t seem to understand when he should put the ball over the sideline with his kicks. A few times there we have been defending a couple of sets in a row and Penrith have gotten the momentum and Moses puts up a bomb or a low kick into the corner. He should be getting the ball out of play and slowing the game down. This uptempo pace is working in the Panthers’ favourite right now. I hope Joey has a word to him about that soon.

Kornstar

Coach
I really don't think the effort can be called into question - if the effort levels weren't there, we would be down by 24 at halftime, rather thab 10.

Penrith have been way better, but if we get some possession in the second half, anything can happen.

It's not the effort, it is the extra effort that the good teams have. You don't get run on like we are (or do all the time) if you have that extra effort. Effort just lets you hang in there, extra effort forces that error or breaks the momentum with massive hits or try savers........that is what we have been missing for a very long time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Is anyone else kind of over Sivo's play?

Jumping for the ball, three years before it is even in the same postcode as him, making lazy runs when rucking it out...

He's nowhere near as talented as Semi was, so his brain farts are a little irritating to me...

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Meh.

I'm comfortable with where we are at.

Penrith have been very strong, but our biggest issue has been our errors, imo.

That, and Blake, and Ferguson, don't communicate in defence.

Stop making errors, calm down, and we can work our way back in, imo.
Blake quite underwhelming thus far, maybe just me, I expected more out him when he signed, early days I guess

Soto

Bench
Time to bomb Aekins and have Matto and Lane follow through. Id give the Fergo / Mansour kicks a miss for now. To'o always has blinders against us. You would think Sivo would just squash him.
Need to stay composed. Looks like Moses has pushed a few passes unnecessarily.
Nathan Brown awesome in defence but gee he needs to stop some of these ineffective runs..
Want to see Dylan and Moses run more in the 2nd half...

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's not the effort, it is the extra effort that the good teams have. You don't get run on like we are (or do all the time) if you have that extra effort. Effort just lets you hang in there, extra effort forces that error or breaks the momentum with massive hits or try savers........that is what we have been missing for a very long time.

I think we have that:

* Nathan Brown rushing off the line to smash Mansour (that stopped Penrith 's momentum in that set in its tracks)

* RCG's hit on JFH

* Dylan Brown's multiple try-saving tackles

I think we need to calm down, and just play footy.

Noise

Coach
Is anyone else kind of over Sivo's play?

Jumping for the ball, three years before it is even in the same postcode as him, making lazy runs when rucking it out...

He's nowhere near as talented as Semi was, so his brain farts are a little irritating to me...
It's only his second year of first grade so I can forgive him. Fergo is pissing me off this year. Way too many errors and bad defensive reads for someone of his experience.

Latest posts