What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irony from Cameron Smith

nick87

Coach
Great footballer player, not great on football ethics.

You can choose which part you want to focus on. Its up to you.

History won't give a f**k about his so called "ethics"
It will record him as the greatest player of his generation, and generations, and someone who thrived in many different iterations of NRL football. This is a guy who dominated the game for nigh on 20 years not on any special athletic trait but because he understood the game, and processed the game like no one before him

I would say no one after him but i dont like to live in a world where at 33 i've already seen RL played at the highest level ill ever seen (it's also probably not true, given each generation of athlete and sportsman gets better and better and better)

Time to step aside old man, hes a shit stain on the toilet bowl.... he doesnt deserve the title of the games highest point scorer, hes a prolific cheater.... give best young centre Croker a chance to catch him, he deserves it more.

isaiah

Bench
When some idiot journalist writes cameron’s Biography, I bet there won’t be a chapter entitled: ‘in the spirit of the game.’
A bit like a Gallen biography entitled: ‘QUEENSLAND were just too good’
Or Ferguson, Dugan, carney, or slater believing they were good role models for children.

myrrh ken

First Grade
When some idiot journalist writes cameron’s Biography, I bet there won’t be a chapter entitled: ‘in the spirit of the game.’
Or Ferguson, Dugan, carney, or slater believing they were good role models for children.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2016/07/05/if-only-gallen-on-his-origin-career/amp/

“But you don’t get those chances in Origin and Queensland have been too good. You have to give them credit.”

Pigs fly

King hit

Coach
I don’t understand why quite a number of retiring players feel the need to write autobiographies. I’ve heard Darius Boyd is going to release one this year, who would want to read that.

MugaB

Coach
I don’t understand why quite a number of retiring players feel the need to write autobiographies. I’ve heard Darius Boyd is going to release one this year, who would want to read that.
Jesse Ramien might, just to have a laugh

MugaB

Coach
You're comedic skills are outstanding. Quality troll post too.
Depends from which team you go for really, i watched balmain through the late 80s early 90s, benny and steve walters were just about the best hookers on the planet, very deceptive almost like josh hodgson and api korisau, but benny wasnt bright, just very football smart, i would say cameron is both, but not better than benny or steve

mistertaylor

Juniors
Not a Darius fan but his RL journey has been an interesting one, off field. I'd assume a lot of the book would be about his battles and off field work with mental health organisations, reconnecting with his mum and birth father, and casting away the massive chip on his shoulder that he had towards the media earlier in his career.

Pork Hunt

Juniors
There'll be a heap of happy-snaps of Darius suckling off of Wayne's teat. The ones when he is a grown man will be unsettling.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
History won't give a f**k about his so called "ethics"
It will record him as the greatest player of his generation, and generations, and someone who thrived in many different iterations of NRL football. This is a guy who dominated the game for nigh on 20 years not on any special athletic trait but because he understood the game, and processed the game like no one before him

I would say no one after him but i dont like to live in a world where at 33 i've already seen RL played at the highest level ill ever seen (it's also probably not true, given each generation of athlete and sportsman gets better and better and better)

I'm not so sure history won't give a f**k. He's one of the greatest, if not greatest, but he's a cheat and a f**king grub - and that'll follow him into retirement. Maybe not by all with Maroon coloured glasses, but certainly outside the wank tent that is QLD and VIC.