What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Saab has asked for a release a second time according to Hooper. I have a feeling he will be off the Tigers unfortunately, he lives in western Sydney and it seems odd the Tigers have just released a player to go to the Titans. I might just be naive but when I was younger doing electrical work in the building industry we built a heap of appartments in Canberra near Bruce stadium for all the juniors to live in so they can be near training and have a cheap place to live. Todd Carney lived in one when he was coming through the juniors. Surely the Dragons have something like this in the Gong for players like Saab to live in. If not why not?

George Dragon

Juniors
Saab has asked for a release a second time according to Hooper. I have a feeling he will be off the Tigers unfortunately, he lives in western Sydney and it seems odd the Tigers have just released a player to go to the Titans. I might just be naive but when I was younger doing electrical work in the building industry we built a heap of appartments in Canberra near Bruce stadium for all the juniors to live in so they can be near training and have a cheap place to live. Todd Carney lived in one when he was coming through the juniors. Surely the Dragons have something like this in the Gong for players like Saab to live in. If not why not?

We still have family's that board the young ones up to 18 19. After that we set them up in flats like with Blacker.
Saab chooses to stay with his family they are very close and religious. He travels down with Fui Wiliame and SSE.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We still have family's that board the young ones up to 18 19. After that we set them up in flats like with Blacker.
Saab chooses to stay with his family they are very close and religious. He travels down with Fui Wiliame and SSE.
Fair enough, it is definitely a big trek. Maybe we should consider moving our training base to Kogarah. I know id much prefer to live in the Gong than Sydney but most of the players seem to want to live in Sydney.

George Dragon

Juniors
Fair enough, it is definitely a big trek. Maybe we should consider moving our training base to Kogarah. I know id much prefer to live in the Gong than Sydney but most of the players seem to want to live in Sydney.

I would say out of our 34 players around 25 would live in the Illawarra. I think Ben Friz Graham The Shire and 2 of them are leaving. Most of the country junior boys we sign have the choice of St George area or Illawarra and most choose the later.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would say out of our

34 players around 25 would live in the Illawarra. I think Ben Friz Graham The Shire and 2 of them are leaving. Most of the country junior boys we sign have the choice of St George area or Illawarra and most choose the later.
Yeah that's what they ended up doing in Canberra just found country boys or Poms who can handle the cold weather etc. Worked out well, hopefully they can sort something out with Saab, it doesn't look good from the outside but the way we are going Saab will be retired by the time this club sorts it issues out anyway unless the media are at least slightly exaggerating. Thanks for the input.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
@George Dragon, mate with Luke already gone, any word, whisper with whom they will fill that spot with?
My guess, depending on his recovery, would have to be Ramsey.
Isn't he months away from recovery though? I know for sure if I was going to release Saab to another club while still under contract I would most definitely not do it without being compensated with a replacement to fill his spot with, or maybe at least not release him until Ramsey is right to go.

George Dragon

Juniors
@George Dragon, mate with Luke already gone, any word, whisper with whom they will fill that spot with?
My guess, depending on his recovery, would have to be Ramsey.

Sorry mate I don't hear much from the top end of town.
We still need 2 to fill our 30. Not much has been said about the 30 player June 30 deadline. Is it still in play or delayed with the later finishing comp. Is it still 30, dev players could play as of resumption of the comp so who knows.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Andrew Webster reporting tonight that Jack De Belin's legal counsel will make a motion next Monday for all charges to be dropped against him on legal grounds and if successful he would be available to play immediately subject to NRL approval.

randomdragon

Juniors
Andrew Webster reporting tonight that Jack De Belin's legal counsel will make a motion next Monday for all charges to be dropped against him on legal grounds and if successful he would be available to play immediately subject to NRL approval.

does anyone who works in law have any idea why they would ask for this? Why would they not of asked for this earlier? What are the chances of it actually getting approved? Etc

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry mate I don't hear much from the top end of town.
We still need 2 to fill our 30. Not much has been said about the 30 player June 30 deadline. Is it still in play or delayed with the later finishing comp. Is it still 30, dev players could play as of resumption of the comp so who knows.
GD...,I think your last sentence is more correct as to what can happen this year...and they had to alter or waive the June 30 cut off for this year for transfers etc due to unkown when Covid struck and especially what and where the Warriors would be at with the players and no lower grades
CRL kicks off in a month...any players who want a hit out in park footy are welcome...2nd division that is..LOL ;)

BLM01

First Grade
does anyone who works in law have any idea why they would ask for this? Why would they not of asked for this earlier? What are the chances of it actually getting approved? Etc
3 questions in 1?
Think hard.......Dont have to work in law to answer those

SBD82

Coach
Webster reported that there is a suppression order on the details, but that the defence is making an application based on a point of law.

They may have made this application earlier. The court would make a decision based on the submission, and there would usually be an opportunity for the prosecution to also make submissions in response.

What stage it’s at, I have no idea.

nrlnrl

First Grade
GD...,I think your last sentence is more correct as to what can happen this year...and they had to alter or waive the June 30 cut off for this year for transfers etc due to unkown when Covid struck and especially what and where the Warriors would be at with the players and no lower grades
CRL kicks off in a month...any players who want a hit out in park footy are welcome...2nd division that is..LOL ;)
New cutoff date for 2020 transfers is August 3.

Latest posts