What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Panthers @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The unknown

Juniors
Chee Kam is a disaster in the centres.

if AD is out he’s an irreplaceable loss being our major link man in attack. I would consider putting Nofo to FB, don’t know about his ball playing abilities but I think he’d at least offer a decent running game. Talau and Hoffman on one side could be a huge risk if they have to defend Kikau. Split them between two experienced heads Mbye and BJ

Fordy20

Juniors
I wonder if Lawrence might be a better option at centre if AD is out. The Morris brothers are having a field day at the moment, maybe Rowdy might enjoy a full game against Whare.

Das Hassler

Bench
Mbye to FB and Benji at L centre?...defensive issues aside he'd be up for it and make them a bit nervous. He and Talau would go well

This is one I desperately want to win. It would have been very tough if we had a full strength team but with all our injuries will be a near impossibility. Hopefully they can fire up and band together and really put on a strong showing. I can't remember the last time we put in a great performance for a win while going up against a ton of adversity. It's usually the other way around.

Tigers by 3 in a massive boil over with MCK scoring after the bell. I wouldn't mind some 'lone gunman' breaking into the coaches box and putting Cleary into the concussion protocol.....Or the middle of next week.

BrotherJim05

Bench
As f**ked as we are without AD at fullback, if it is a choice between resting him and losing against Panthers, or risking him getting a serious injury and being out for the season (even if we get a win against Panthers) I'd rather him rest. Losing him for a long stint will absolutely derail our season

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge finally picking on form, that has been the difference
He has to as from now coz missing the top 8 for Madge is simply not an option...He’s prob been as slack as the players in some respects..

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Where has the Doueihi in doubt stuff come from, I haven't seen it anywhere? Please don't be true!

I thought Mikaele had a medial strain during the match and that's why he came off and didn't return. I saw Doueihi hobbling around on the wing towards the end of the match with Talau nowhere to be seen either, but Madge said in the presser that everyone pulled up fine.

I could have sworn it was reported by the media that Doueihi and Mikaele were in doubt and being given till game day to prove their fitness, but when I went back and did a search, the only media report I've found was on the Zero Tackle team lists announcement.

EDIT: Medial strain, not medical strain. Bloody autocorrect

Last edited:
I thought Mikaele had a medical strain during the match and that's why he came off and didn't return. I saw Doueihi hobbling around on the wing towards the end of the match with Talau nowhere to be seen either, but Madge said in the presser that everyone pulled up fine.

I could have sworn it was reported by the media that Doueihi and Mikaele were in doubt and being given till game day to prove their fitness, but when I went back and did a search, the only media report I've found was on the Zero Tackle team lists announcement.
And compare how Doueihi looked 'hobbling' to Luciano the previous week, I thought LL would be out for weeks. I guess it all comes back to scale, recovery and strapping oh and desire.

Vozzy

Juniors
I wonder who would play fullback if AD was injured probably Mbye and Lawrence comes into centre just through experience I think he is a better back up centre then Che Kam who is best at playing the final 20 with tired forwards.

One think I do like is we have options cos of injury. Like at least we have an Oliver Clark to come in when 2 starting forwards are out. Like our back up players were our starters 3 years ago.

Fordy20

Juniors
I wonder who would play fullback if AD was injured probably Mbye and Lawrence comes into centre just through experience I think he is a better back up centre then Che Kam who is best at playing the final 20 with tired forwards.

One think I do like is we have options cos of injury. Like at least we have an Oliver Clark to come in when 2 starting forwards are out. Like our back up players were our starters 3 years ago.

Our forward depth players are pretty decent. A lot of people don't seem to rate the Huth or Clarke, I reckon they are worth re-signing. Kaide Ellis might be worth another crack or perhaps Jordan Grant from QLD Cup well.

Still concerned about winger depth, but it's unreasonable to be expect everything to be solved overnight

Latest posts