What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Lafai to the Sharks?

merahputih

Juniors
Looks like Flanagan is ridding the team of Mary's failed favorites. The next cab of the rank should be Aitken. Drop him to reserve grade and his manager will soon find him another gig.

Clune looks like a keeper. Then we have Dufty, Sailor, and Sullivan who I believe could all have the potential to be good first-grade five-eights. So I would drop both Norman and Hunt to reserve grade, hoping their manager would find them a new club either on a swap basis or a no-cost release.

So with James gone, Frizell on his way, and De Belin in doubt, we have over 3m to spend on 3 marquee players; an outside back/fullback, a prop and a back-row forward. Given that we would be left with a low cost 17 as it stands, there is no reason why recruiting 3 marquee players is beyond our capacity.
1. Ramsey or Dufty or Lomax - all under contract
2. Feagai or Pereira or Ravalawa - all under contract
3. Lomax - under contract
4. Williame or Feagai - both under contract
5. Saab or Ravalawa - bot under contract
6. Sailor or Dufty or Sullivan - all under contract
7. Clune or Sullivan - both under contract
8. Kerr or Lawrie or Merrin - all under contract
9. McInnes - under contract
10. Vaughan - under contract
11. T Sims or Ford - under contract
12. Fuimaono or Host - under contract
13. De Belin - may need a replacment

14. Laurie
15. Merrin
16. Ford
17. Brittain

So new marquee players could be used in the following positions:
Prop
Backrow
Fullback/Left-centre
The Bulldogs are reportedly making a play for David Fifita, John Bateman and Nick Cotric who would all nicely fill holes in our roster. It doesn't mean they'll end up there but at least their CEO has made public what actions he is taking to improve the club's fortunes and not hiding behind a wall of silence like our mob.

BLM01

First Grade
The Bulldogs are reportedly making a play for David Fifita, John Bateman and Nick Cotric who would all nicely fill holes in our roster. It doesn't mean they'll end up there but at least their CEO has made public what actions he is taking to improve the club's fortunes and not hiding behind a wall of silence like our mob.
Well you can take Bateman off your list...he has signed with Wigan? for 3 or 4 years

possm

Coach
Maybe our new CEO will do similar and go for the same players. We need some topline players not discarded reserve grade props that have played 8 first grade games.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
We certainly have some money starting to free up in 2020

Graham
Luke

Lafai?

Friz? I would still be amazed that the Knights dont make a play for him for this season

Host?

Korbin Sims?

Saab?

Sailor?

thebigredv

First Grade
So many players leaving and yet somehow the coach and the halves are staying.

All are miserable.
All are on huge coin.

Surprise, surprise. Our own club held to ransom by its own people and no one doing anything about it. Never thought i'd see the day.

KiamaSaint

Coach
In other words... you were wrong.
The correct response would have been "No mate. As I said in my original post no mail, just a feeling Lafai was on the way out and Sharks seemed like the obvious club to pick him up". That I would have respected.

Latest posts