What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Lafai to the Sharks?

Just lol at some of the commentary on here.

Euie is one of the premier centres in the league. Period.

He will excel, and represent, whether he continues to wear our colours or not is his call.

What period was that Git?

Eui’s defence has improved, however he couldn’t set up a try to save himself.

The try he scored last week was a gift presented to him by Dufty thanks to Dufty’s excellent ball play.

He is historically bog average when compared to Cooper and Gasnier Mark 2.

That is the standard we should be demand.

gitano

Juniors
What period was that Git?

Eui’s defence has improved, however he couldn’t set up a try to save himself.

The try he scored last week was a gift presented to him by Dufty thanks to Dufty’s excellent ball play.

He is historically bog average when compared to Cooper and Gasnier Mark 2.

That is the standard we should be demand.
Duftys try against Canberra was a gift also, wrapped and delivered by Euie

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Represent who? They don’t play country/city anymore.
images

denis preston

First Grade
Whilst the board has a bad track record of signing people up too early, i hope we wait until the end of the season to renegotiate with him and really put his play under the microscope in the meantime.Is it worth it with a raft of juniors coming through ? One year take it or leave it. As much as we bag him he is playing better this year but the fine details we pick up ( setting up outside men, defense positioning etc ) doesnt get noticed by those outside the club so i'd say he could get a contract elsewhere.I wouldn't be saying this at the beginning of the season.

ALSGI

Bench
The truth is Aitken has put on some great plays and tries over the years.

I’m a fan.

The try v Inglis (injured) last year was special. The intercept he took against Canberra years ago in the dying seconds to win the game (the night the lights went out at KJO) was indicative of his tendency to run out of the line on his own and should have been addressed by coaching staff and also himself.

He’s also bombed plenty by not linking with his Winger or inside men. Fact is he’s oblivious to support options when he runs. Then there’s the defence issues where he’s let many more in than he’s scored.

He’s like the BMW I recently parted with - looked great and was able to do some really exciting stuff but when it f**kced up it cost very dearly. Over a few years the downside started outweighing the upside.
When I see the same model BMW driving around I reminisce fondly but have no regrets.

Aitken - drive him around for the rest of the season as he’s running well right now but start looking for a newer, smarter, faster and more effective ride. Also - change mechanic (coach).

Still a fan, but happy to let him go.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How good is it knowing if there is an injury they won't put Lafai in and either put a junior or Williame.

Lafai had some good games for the Dragons but glad to see him back at the club he started with. Good luck to him for the future.

He probably cost Saints Garrick as he should be in his 2nd or 3rd season for Saints in the NRL. Not Lafai's fault but Mary not trusting the pathways system Millward and the Saints have. At least all the other NRL clubs especially Manly and the Tigers are benefiting from it. Luciano and Garrick should be in the red V.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Dragons release Tim Lafai

St George Illawarra have granted centre Tim Lafai an immediate release from the remainder of his Dragons playing contract.

Lafai joined the Dragons ahead of the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership and played 91 first grade games for the Red V.

The 29-year-old Samoan international will take up an opportunity with another NRL club immediately.

Confidence within the Dragons' current crop of capable three-quarters was a contributor behind Lafai's granted release, according to Dragons coach Paul McGregor.

"We have been pleased with the recent performances of Euan Aitken and Zac Lomax while Brayden Wiliame is close to returning from injury. We are also comfortable that Jackson Ford and Tyrell Fuimaono are capable of playing there if ever required," he said.

"Another factor the club considered was the long-term trajectory of Max and Mat Feagai, who have impressed since joining the NRL development squad this year.

"We thank Tim for his contribution and wish him all the best in his future endeavours."

Director of rugby League pathways and list management Ian Millward also thanked Lafai for his contribution to the Red V.

"As a club, we were comfortable with the decision for Tim to shore up his long-term future at another NRL club," Millward said.

"Tim has been an outstanding representative for St George Illawarra over the past five seasons; the decision to release him was based on the merit of the capabilities within our squad, and not in consideration of any trade deals, as has been falsely reported."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...C6JsBG-vqhLT77X-jKyT8yiwdX9S1TZWQEHLHJsYyqKzo
Just heard there is an experienced centre with an "awesome" flick pass on the market. Could be a good replacement for Aitken.

Old Timer

Coach
In attack I’d agree with you, but Mark 2 was a much better defender. I’d suggest Bennett assisted greatly in that area.
Astute post

Gasnier was not the best defender by a long shot before he left.

in fact I often felt sad he couldn’t be more like Coops but no doubt with Bennett’s influence and a good pack riding shot gun he did improve especially his front on work.

Mjab

Juniors
I'm convinced Gitano is Euan Aitken's mother, hates Lomax loves Aitken.
disappointing he doesnt have his own appreciation thread but maybe Gitano can start one on the warriors forum. I think you do have to keep the wording monosyllable on that forum though ! :)