What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Stats can be deceiving .
If he had a race with JAC I would know who to back .
But just shows how fast he can be over 10 to 20 meters
Obviously the Telstra tracker more means that none of the true speedsters got in space more than anything else, but Lomax did outpace Pap from the Storm who scored a near full length of the field try which I would have thought would have topped the list without question. He is quicker than what people give him credit for, although it was disappointing when he made a break last night and couldn’t go on with it but maybe he was looking for the Duff man. Rava couldn’t really finish it either though and I don’t see anyone bagging him.

Obviously the Telstra tracker more means that none of the true speedsters got in space more than anything else, but Lomax did outpace Pap from the Storm who scored a near full length of the field try which I would have thought would have topped the list without question. He is quicker than what people give him credit for, although it was disappointing when he made a break last night and couldn’t go on with it but maybe he was looking for the Duff man. Rava couldn’t really finish it either though and I don’t see anyone bagging him.
Zac looks fast enough to be a great centre, exactly how he rates against others isn't a big deal.

Rava seems to have some speed up his sleeve, would love to see him take an intercept with a clear passage.

rasaint

Juniors
I am extra pleased with the form of Zac Lomax and in another post I noted that he can develope into a Manu from Easts Or a Robert Finch style centre ( almost there). Strong with sufficient speed and a good defender.However, this talk of him being quicker that Papenhausen etc is laughable. Zac lacks high end dash.

If you want to see high end dash watch Dufty from yesterday’s game. The second try he had to give our quick half back Clune 6 metres start and was in position to take the pass after 20 metres and even then had to sprint around Meany the dogs quickest player. ( Meany is a very good player). Duff also confused the dogs line sufficiently with searing acceleration from his goose step to hit a power run from Euan Aiken. True Duff is not a superstar but he goes very well and high end dash is a fab attacking weapon for us.

Zac is a strong defender but again completely misread the attack for the dogs second try by not trusting his inside player and then no chance of catching the fast Meany on the outside. Having said that Zac’s all round game and a sublime jumping catch to pass to Duff ( again Duff dash got him in position to score) is classy. Goal kicking very good also under pressure.

ALSGI

Bench
Zac looks fast enough to be a great centre, exactly how he rates against others isn't a big deal.

Rava seems to have some speed up his sleeve, would love to see him take an intercept with a clear passage.
Agree about Lomax, good speed but I was pleased to see Rava stay with him and excellerate away yesterday. Both caught by a faster Meany.
Hoping Saab can show us what he’s got.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I am extra pleased with the form of Zac Lomax and in another post I noted that he can develope into a Manu from Easts Or a Robert Finch style centre ( almost there). Strong with sufficient speed and a good defender.However, this talk of him being quicker that Papenhausen etc is laughable. Zac lacks high end dash.

If you want to see high end dash watch Dufty from yesterday’s game. The second try he had to give our quick half back Clune 6 metres start and was in position to take the pass after 20 metres and even then had to sprint around Meany the dogs quickest player. ( Meany is a very good player). Duff also confused the dogs line sufficiently with searing acceleration from his goose step to hit a power run from Euan Aiken. True Duff is not a superstar but he goes very well and high end dash is a fab attacking weapon for us.

Zac is a strong defender but again completely misread the attack for the dogs second try by not trusting his inside player and then no chance of catching the fast Meany on the outside. Having said that Zac’s all round game and a sublime jumping catch to pass to Duff ( again Duff dash got him in position to score) is classy. Goal kicking very good also under pressure.
It’s not laughable mate it’s facts. The speeds were measured and last week both had a clean run to the line and Zac ran a faster speed than Pap. Does than mean anyone is insinuating Zac is faster than Pap no it doesn’t at all. Pap can certainly run faster than that. Zac can probably go a hair faster himself especially considering he’s carrying an injury. What it does mean and you can argue all you want but you are wrong, that it’s round 10 now and in those 10 rounds Zac has featured twice in the Telstra tracker top 5. No one is or ever has said he’s the 5th fastest player in the comp or anything remotely like that. But the fact he’s capable of even making the list 20% of the time puts to bed the fact he’s not slow.

epDragon62

First Grade
It’s not laughable mate it’s facts. The speeds were measured and last week both had a clean run to the line and Zac ran a faster speed than Pap. Does than mean anyone is insinuating Zac is faster than Pap no it doesn’t at all. Pap can certainly run faster than that. Zac can probably go a hair faster himself especially considering he’s carrying an injury. What it does mean and you can argue all you want but you are wrong, that it’s round 10 now and in those 10 rounds Zac has featured twice in the Telstra tracker top 5. No one is or ever has said he’s the 5th fastest player in the comp or anything remotely like that. But the fact he’s capable of even making the list 20% of the time puts to bed the fact he’s not slow.
I'd say Zac's acceleration is nothing like Pap or Dufty; top speed is decent.

I think the try where Meany made Zac look bad was a communication issue with Norman running out to fast without Zac knowing to follow and up. We had some very disappointing defence yesterday. Lack of aggression and line speed are a worry.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say Zac's acceleration is nothing like Pap or Dufty; top speed is decent.

I think the try where Meany made Zac look bad was a communication issue with Norman running out to fast without Zac knowing to follow and up. We had some very disappointing defence yesterday. Lack of aggression and line speed are a worry.
I hope I’m right and not being overly optimistic but I think that the ease at which our first two tries come made us think it was going to be a cakewalk and it took us out of the dogfight. By the time we realised we were up against a committed team desperate for a win it was nearly too late. I’m sure next week they will not make the same mistake.

TruSaint

Referee
Fast enough to be a very good centre.

Add to that his step, leap and goal kicking, he will only get better.

Some of the best centres in the game were / are not express pace.

It didn't work yesterday, but also has the Gasnier / Gidley flick to the wing.

Seen enough to say with some confidence now that he will be a permanent fixture in our backline for a long time, if he keeps working on his game, both offence and defence.

mickeylane

Bench
Agree about Lomax, good speed but I was pleased to see Rava stay with him and excellerate away yesterday. Both caught by a faster Meany.
Hoping Saab can show us what he’s got.
Saabs last year he's definitely being released one year early...in todays papers...apparently travel is too much for him...fo f**k him off now and give a young gun a go

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Saabs last year he's definitely being released one year early...in todays papers...apparently travel is too much for him...fo f**k him off now and give a young gun a go
It’s a shame because I think he could be quite good. If he really wanted to play for us he’d move to the gong. At his age I would have moved to Alaska for an opportunity if one presented itself.

Crush

Coach
I read that article saying that he WILL NOT play for SGI next year and thought the same thing.
Don't give him another minute of 1st grade.
Why sign a contract until 2022 if you aren't committed to it? If travel pisses you off then either move closer to work or deal with it like the rest of us that work far from home.
Soft.

TruSaint

Referee
I read that article saying that he WILL NOT play for SGI next year and thought the same thing.
Don't give him another minute of 1st grade.
Why sign a contract until 2022 if you aren't committed to it? If travel pisses you off then either move closer to work or deal with it like the rest of us that work far from home.
Soft.

Here's a f**king tip for young Saab.
He was born AFTER the JV, so this bullshit about travel is just that... Bullshit..
Give another young talent a go, and let him leave.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Here's a f**king tip for young Saab.
He was born AFTER the JV, so this bullshit about travel is just that... Bullshit..
Give another young talent a go, and let him leave.

nah, he signed a contract he stays.

He is either committed, or throwing stones in reserves. It’s not like he has the top salary. We should only use him in the top grade if others go down, or if he reconsiders and commits.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
His manager the putrid Mario Tartak has played his card once we pulled out from contract negotiations with Suli. He then decided to fk us over with getting into Saab ear and offering him to another club. Remember this is that maggot that was responsible for that fullback we had signed from tigers but never turned up.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
nah, he signed a contract he stays.

He is either committed, or throwing stones in reserves. It’s not like he has the top salary. We should only use him in the top grade if others go down, or if he reconsiders and commits.
We definitely can’t let him go this year because we need him right now. Next season we can talk compensation from prospective clubs but this season he needs to forget about it because under the current circumstances we are an injury or two away from disaster so there is no way he can get out of his contract on compassionate grounds given his situation hasn’t changed since he signed it. This could also be a player manager or media beat up I have no idea. In all truth Ramsey will be taking one spot and Rava seems to be building into the other.

Latest posts