What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R11 Thu - Eels 26-16 Wests Tigers @ Bankwest

Round 11: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 11
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Thursday 23 July 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now, Fox/Kayo

TL-PAR20a.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Andrew Davey 15. Marata Niukore 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Brad Takairangi 18. David Gower 19. George Jennings 20. Daniel Alvaro 21. Jai Field

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Chris Lawrence 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Billy Walters 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Russell Packer 11. Michael Chee-Kam 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Sam McIntyre 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Luke Brooks 17. Chris McQueen 18. Oliver Clark 19. Elijah Taylor 20. Shawn Blore 21. Alex Seyfarth

9haLtxR.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot is being made about Ryan Matterson’s parting shot at the Tigpies saying he left because they won’t win a Premiership.

I think he didn’t need to go quite that far. All he had to say was he left because the Tigpies won’t make the top 8.

Bit like squashing an ant with a sledge hammer when you only need to put your shoe on it to kill it.

Oh and the Tigpies best player is a loan player.

lol.

The_Frog

First Grade
A lot is being made about Ryan Matterson’s parting shot at the Tigpies saying he left because they won’t win a Premiership.

I think he didn’t need to go quite that far. All he had to say was he left because the Tigpies won’t make the top 8.
All this may or may not be so, but Parra have far too many players who left their previous clubs mid-contract and under unsatisfactory circumstances to be able to be confident in their ability to pull through tough times, which may be just around the corner.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I dont really have hate for Matterson, sure he left like a bitch but he put in everytime he wore our jersey, Id have him back at the club tomorrow

SDM

First Grade
All this may or may not be so, but Parra have far too many players who left their previous clubs mid-contract and under unsatisfactory circumstances to be able to be confident in their ability to pull through tough times, which may be just around the corner.
The 2 Penrith players were pushed out the door by 'loyal Ivan' to free up funds to upgrade his son.
Cleary is the biggest grub named Ivan to live in Australia in the last 50 years.

The_Frog

First Grade
The 2 Penrith players were pushed out the door by 'loyal Ivan' to free up funds to upgrade his son.
Cleary is the biggest grub named Ivan to live in Australia in the last 50 years.
Actually I was talking about DWZ, Hame Sele, Fuimaono, Winterstein, Katoa and Egan. Blake and RCG (especially) were certainly bludging but we managed to put a run together while they were still in the squad.

The_Frog

First Grade
Cleary was resigned 12 months before they left.

GongPanther

Referee
Don't worry, you'll be back on top of the ladder in a month or so. Maybe.

The_Frog

First Grade
And as a result several contracts had to be broken to free up funds.
Possibly true, but RCG and Blake were not among them. If they were squeezed out, it was because they were not delivering value, RCG in particular. Waqa just never quite reached his undoubted potential, and still hasn't. It has never been satisfactorily explained why he wanted out. Most of our fans were whinging about RCG all last year, but not so much Blake even though his form wasn't great. His departure was a surprise.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah after seeing the teams not looking forward to this. Garner and Twal out, Reynolds and BJ still suspended whilst Parra get 4 starters back. Shame as I think at full strength we make a good game of it

Eels 26-10

Really looking forward to this match.

Hopefully the scoreline will be similar to what it was at the Inaugural game at BankWest.

Ryan Matterson to have the last laugh.

Tigers to drop to 9th and not get in the 8 for the rest of the year.

Did I say I’m really looking forward to this match?

Because I am.

84 Baby

Referee
Were you asleep for 2018? One of those players was here for that and yet resigned. No club has had to get through more tough times than us. Except maybe Team Sticky

JB04

Juniors
Big test - think if we complete sets, a high amount of offloads and have a great attitude in defense we’ll only lose by 14

Hopefully the scoreline will be similar to what it was at the Inaugural game at BankWest.

Because I am.

Could be true, but at least we can still win the premiership this year.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Because I am.
Rabs20 and rhyno have a third stooge.

Latest posts