What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best radio coverage

Stallion

First Grade
Yes but rugby league is mostly only popular in the north of England. Most of the media there are concentrated in the south of England especially London. As such even the English media often ignore rugby league and give union more coverage at club level than it often deserves.

I'm not saying its right it should happen, just why it does is all.

Yes. I've been to London. It's not right the way things work there. but it's reality. I'm moreso concerned this Aussie correspondent should know her audience and is clearly not catering for it. It's an Australian Radio show based from Sydney with most people listening being rugby-league fans.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Is Matt Elliott still on ABC this year? Listened for the first time on Sunday and it was Moore, Halatau and Heighington.

Elliot and Moore's chemistry is just incredible.
yes they both are doing a great job, on ABC grandstand,
and 2SM broadcasts games aswell now , they do a fantastic job aswell

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Didn’t know this was a thread, but it’s a big thumbs up to Moorey and co at the abc. Didn’t know about Hammo in Newcastle, I really like his style. If you’ve got spare time listen to his call of the knights comeback over the storm in 2013 or 2014

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I had to a long drive the other night, I think it was Raiders and Storm, typically some of the other channels had AFL, however I listened to ABC and enjoyed their call with Moore and Lewis.

Whilst I like Triple M, I can always rely on ABC knowing they wont have AFL or Rugby.

gUt

Coach
no ads as well = huge plus.

Moore is just a wonderful caller and host. Lewis and Elliott are very funny and the three of them really spark off each other without striving to be funny, they're natural and relaxed. They also have some good supporting personnel like Michael Carayannis (who although he's News Ltd and has an annoying voice I still find knowledgeable and entertaining), Chris Heighington, Andrew Ryan occasionally etc

blue bags

First Grade
2sm has Thursday night games live
tripleMMM has the 1st friday night game
2GB has the 2nd friday night game

i started with frank Hyde, its high, its long, its straight between the post

Last edited:

Latest posts