What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Abbzy_89

Juniors
My guess would be because all the players were already off contract this season but I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the salary cap it's only a complete stab in the dark by me.
Lafai, Luke, Graham were apart of our playing group this year and earned money from there contracts which impacts our salary cap . Eg. If you had a player on 500k who left halfway through the season you have still paid 250k to the player , leaving you with only 250k remaining disposable cap space to use elsewhere

RedVee

First Grade
Lafai, Luke, Graham were apart of our playing group this year and earned money from there contracts which impacts our salary cap . Eg. If you had a player on 500k who left halfway through the season you have still paid 250k to the player , leaving you with only 250k remaining disposable cap space to use elsewhere

and only 55% pay this year. So only $130k (whatever) would be paid to the new player of that $250k.

^ that’s my guess ^

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i get all that guys i think :)

what i dont get.......... is that is the same for a player signing on with us also so should net off if equal player contracts but it isnt

3 FG players out of our cap ie lets say we saved pro rated .....$150k Graham, $150k Lafai, $50k for Luke?

1 reserve grade player into our cap ie maybe $50k max for his pro rate this season

it doesnt add up does it ? ie only $100k net to use ??? should be $300k plus for 2020

unless we used some of our 2021 payments for existing players into their 2020 contract payments which left us minimal in 2020 within the cap??

Abbzy_89

Juniors
i get all that guys i think :)

what i dont get.......... is that is the same for a player signing on with us also so should net off if equal player contracts but it isnt

3 FG players out of our cap ie lets say we saved pro rated .....$150k Graham, $150k Lafai, $50k for Luke?

1 reserve grade player into our cap ie maybe $50k max for his pro rate this season

it doesnt add up does it ? ie only $100k net to use ??? should be $300k plus for 2020

unless we used some of our 2021 payments for existing players into their 2020 contract payments which left us minimal in 2020 within the cap??
Don’t forget all there contracts start on 1st of November not 1st of January for the following years Salary cap that could equate to some of that.

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that he would be after somewhat more than the $250k , more like $500k plus a few free cans of paint - courtesy of the maestros paint shed .

denis preston

First Grade
Yes your right there mate , he would do just that , lunch money nothing more .
One day I hope all this under the table stuff from Polities comes out because as bad as Melbourne were this is worse, as it is very smart and hasn't left a trail. They claim on their books only 500k in third party but where has the other 1.5 mill come from? Someone surly will spill the beans. If i sound jealous it is because i am !! Best run club if all above board but cant see how it is .

St Tangles

Bench
One day I hope all this under the table stuff from Polities comes out because as bad as Melbourne were this is worse, as it is very smart and hasn't left a trail. They claim on their books only 500k in third party but where has the other 1.5 mill come from? Someone surly will spill the beans. If i sound jealous it is because i am !! Best run club if all above board but cant see how it is .
Like the king of the cross Abe Saffron all the stories will come out a long time after he has passed
It will all be folklore by then

Anyone need a new suit for the Daly M's I know a great tailor

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Bobby Goulding already spilt the beans how a high profile coach of theirs used to pull up in his 4 wheel drive at the beach and hand over envelopes many years ago. And what happened.....zilch

Gareth67

First Grade

Pease Dennis don’t get me started on that mobs fiscal genius . Truly we could go on and on about them , if everything is above board then they are undoubtedly a extremely well run organization. However if not then one must wonder just who else outside of the club was not only aware of its transgressions, but has sat idly by and allowed it to continue unabated .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Pease Dennis don’t get me started on that mobs fiscal genius . Truly we could go on and on about them , if everything is above board then they are undoubtedly a extremely well run organization. However if not then one must wonder just who else outside of the club not only was aware of its transgressions, but has sat idly by and allowed it to continue unabated .
Nearly every other team that even makes a GF starts losing players straight after. Look at Canberra already lost Cotric. Players that used to the odd bargain that every team needs suddenly become grand final winners and don’t want to still be bargain basement players. The Rorters not only barely lose players they add players and even poach already contracted players like JMoz.

getsmarty

Immortal
Nearly every other team that even makes a GF starts losing players straight after. Look at Canberra already lost Cotric. Players that used to the odd bargain that every team needs suddenly become grand final winners and don’t want to still be bargain basement players. The Rorters not only barely lose players they add players and even poach already contracted players like JMoz.

Well Said...this in a nutshell....their Roster just goes from Strength to Strength.... soon the NRL will probably allow them to field a second team in the Hope that they play against each other in the G. F...

Dragon David

First Grade
Well Said...this in a nutshell....their Roster just goes from Strength to Strength.... soon the NRL will probably allow them to field a second team in the Hope that they play against each other in the G. F...
Would be good if the Warriors beat them today to send a message to SBW that the Warriors should be the club he should go to.
I still think that the Roosters will not win three in a row (JMoz is the mocker).

Latest posts