What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Did anyone else see the response to the bunker from this bloke?

You can see him fiddling with dial looking for normal transmission after a loss.

He said he couldn’t do anything about it and it was up to the press to police the nrl bunker.

A bit rich coming from the most protected species the media has ever seen.

But it was a bad error by the officials. It f**ked the result. It’s happened a few times this season. If this keeps up, we might be needing a bunker to look at the bunker.

At the very least, the nrl should refund to Saints the costs of playing the match, because you need not have turned up.

Mary is too soft when he needs to get verbally physical and then mind numblingly hard about things that don’t matter. The delusion continues.

But you were bashed over the head by rogue officials tonight.

Annesly has to go. Take Mez with him.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
You can see him fiddling with dial looking for normal transmission after a loss.

He said he couldn’t do anything about it and it was up to the press to police the nrl bunker.

A bit rich coming from the most protected species the media has ever seen.

But it was a bad error by the officials. It f**ked the result. It’s happened a few times this season. If this keeps up, we might be needing a bunker to look at the bunker.

At the very least, the nrl should refund to Saints the costs of playing the match, because you need not have turned up.

Mary is too soft when he needs to get verbally physical and then mind numblingly hard about things that don’t matter. The delusion continues.

But you were bashed over the head by rogue officials tonight.

Annesly has to go. Take Mez with him.

Instead of being angry it looked like he thought it was funny.

Just one big joke.

Just like him...

Coffs dragon

Bench
The bunker decision can just be added to the long line of excuses that the Peanut seems to constantly pull out of his repertoire of deflection.
Now it can sit along side: JDB 2 year unavailability, Gaz Widdop leaving us, James Graham leaving mid season, the length of the field, try’s from kicks don’t count, recruitment is not my responsibility, we had a turnover of assistant coaching staff, Origin hurt us again, I gave these young players their opportunity LOL

The bunker decision can just be added to the long line of excuses that the Peanut seems to constantly pull out of his repertoire of deflection.
Now it can sit along side: JDB 2 year unavailability, Gaz Widdop leaving us, James Graham leaving mid season, the length of the field, try’s from kicks don’t count, recruitment is not my responsibility, we had a turnover of assistant coaching staff, Origin hurt us again, I gave these young players their opportunity LOL

The ultimate excuse is that he no longer has permission to select his own players. I mean old McVictoriangovernmentcovidincompetents
can live on that for the balance of the season if not tell his grandkids that was why he failed in 2020 and 2021.

There’s Dufty last week saying he attributes some of the recent success to the more settled squad. That was basically code for Mary is a flog. Not that I like Dufty, but there is a sniff of talent and I’m prepared to put up with his self love so long as he plays ok.

I think Mary got excited with the Management by Design people who preach “ honesty” aka hate and the result was successive losses and Mary being felt sorry for by.....

Dean Pay!

But I think the officials mistake has taken some of the gloss of fully blaming Mary this week.

But the word is out that the sharks are looking very strong for a finals berth. No one knows why lol. I think they ignore their coach and play well.

The f#*ker looked so relaxed in the presser. Doesn't matter that we're not contending for the title, a close loss against a mediocre team is good enough. All the pressure is off.

Forbes Creek Dragons and the board agree that for so long as we are not losing by 30 or 40 each game, things simply aren't that bad. It doesn't matter that we've won the solitary finals game in 2 finals appearances over 7 years, or that we've won 12 of our last 36 games, or that we haven't beaten a top 8 side during the regular season for 2 odd years. All that is OK compared to the Broncs, the apparent epitome of failure, having conceded cricket scores in their last 9 games. Doesn't even matter that they are only 2 points behind us on the table. We are better than them.

Straight Shooter

avocado

Juniors
The f#*ker looked so relaxed in the presser. Doesn't matter that we're not contending for the title, a close loss against a mediocre team is good enough. All the pressure is off.

Forbes Creek Dragons and the board agree that for so long as we are not losing by 30 or 40 each game, things simply aren't that bad. It doesn't matter that we've won the solitary finals game in 2 finals appearances over 7 years, or that we've won 12 of our last 36 games, or that we haven't beaten a top 8 side during the regular season for 2 odd years. All that is OK compared to the Broncs, the apparent epitome of failure, having conceded cricket scores on their last 9 games. Doesn't even matter that they are only 2 points behind us on the table. We are better than them.

Straight Shooter
You’ve been a champion for the cause. Your persistance is a thing of beauty.
Once this arsehole is sacked ima hunt you down and shout you a beer.

P.S. I hate him more than you do.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If only Saints had a decent 5/8 to replace Norman and another solid backrower to help Frizzel like the inform Kurt Mann and Luciano Leilua. They would probably both have cost Saints the same amount of dollars to keep both as to what they are paying Norman. All because Mary can't coach and these kids want to leave because they know they are going nowhere. Sad. Watching them go well is killing me as you could see these guys can play footy and were not given a fair go by the dud coach. The same will be said when Sailor eventually leaves all because of Corey Norman and Mary sticking with him and not giving Sailor a chance to shine.

If only Saints had a decent 5/8 to replace Norman and another solid backrower to help Frizzel like the inform Kurt Mann and Luciano Leilua. They would probably both have cost Saints the same amount of dollars to keep both as to what they are paying Norman. All because Mary can't coach and these kids want to leave because they know they are going nowhere. Sad. Watching them go well is killing me as you could see these guys can play footy and were not given a fair go by the dud coach. The same will be said when Sailor eventually leaves all because of Corey Norman and Mary sticking with him and not giving Sailor a chance to shine.
Think about this.
Kurt Mann was given a couple of games at 5/8 with us and was generally dicked around by being used as a utility off the bench for precious little game time.
The kid got jack of that and uprooted and went to Newcastle.
Under a competent coach (I rate O'Brien) and given time to develop and gain confidence by enjoying more game time, he is playing out of his skin at 5/8 for Newcastle.
Parramatta couldn't wait to get rid of Norman and we decided to sign him up.
We are now reaping the rewards of a few flash in the pan moments with very little substance.
Combination of poor coaching and poor recruitment = lower half of the table cellar dwellers.
The shining lights in recent games have been Clune, Lomax, Ravalawa and Dufty.
No big names or reputations to speak of but at least we look like scoring points occasionally.
All of these blokes have been dicked around by McGregor and have only got their chance because of Team selection change in policy.
BTW, I don't know if you agree but our forwards have a soft underbelly.
We concede too many metres up the middle and we are an accident waiting to happen when defending our own line.
Single biggest problem we have is still an incompetent head coach.

We are so fickle, a couple of wins and everything is forgiven.

People start to recall the good things about Mez such as:

* his promise to donate 25% of his salary to Wollongong Hospital icu and a vaccine for co vid. What a legend.

* when he got the Steelers into the grand final after breaking both his arms against Brisbane in the final. He carried the ball up between his chin and neck, stepped 2 forwards and the fullback, a flick pass to Blacklock who went over in the corner.

And when he didn’t get the credit, he didn’t say anything. He was just happy the Steelers got the win. We are not worthy.

* He sent his losing grand final ring to Mother Teresa and it was melted down and provided beds for 30000 orphans in Calcutta. They call him Saint Mary over there. He only did it on the proviso the gift was kept confidential.

* it’s not reported, but he went to the board a few weeks ago and begged to be sacked to let another younger unknown coach have a go. He even volunteered another 25% of his already miserable and bread line salary to the effort.

Ask our venerable, learned, articulate, knowledgeable, interesting, esteemed, honest, fair and impartial rugby league press, nothing is too good for Mary.

Mary is of good standard character. Never thinks about himself. We are all better people for having him with us in the game, especially during the pandemic.

I know his immortal candidacy has been thwarted by Bob Fulton for the last 20 years. Jealousy is a curse.

Latest posts