What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Nqcowboy

Juniors
In terms of jersey sponsorship the NRL needs to get some protocols in place. For instance they need to ban Lawyer ads. There is some hidden insult in the fact Lawyers advertise on NRL jerseys. Like the fans of NRL are likely to find themselves in trouble with the law. Add to that people hate Lawyers. The law firms that advertise on NRL jerseys also are the ambulance chasing type. Get rid of them.
I like my rule that the team badge should be bigger and should be at least the same size as any ad on the jersey.
I don’t have a problem with it, there are shitty lawyers out there but there are good lawyers to

Very comprehensive list. I would put Roosters as no 1 (only because the old Balmain jersey and Bluebags are no longer in the top grade) Surprised you have titans there high, honestly its a shocker for mine. I would put Saints no 2 even though the blue sponsor almost ruin it. My favorite of all time would be this Bears jersey.

250px-The_Mighty_Bears_DVD_Cover.jpg

Great Bears kit!

Yep I like the Titans kit. “Two-blues” jerseys are usually a hit for me. Their original one was their best in my opinion but this one is next, without the neds block it’d be my favourite GCT jersey. I prefer this version better...

Gold-Coast-Titans-Junior-Replica-Home-Jersey_GTJRJ501NVY_45Left_1024x1024__959843688.jpg

Roosters is classic, as are the Dragons, Rabbitohs, Dogs, and Sharks. But Roosters have maintained the integrity of theirs best here. I just like what the Tigers, Storm, and Warriors have done with their new designs (even though Warriors is a throwback to their original).

axl rose

Bench
Great Bears kit!

Yep I like the Titans kit. “Two-blues” jerseys are usually a hit for me. Their original one was their best in my opinion but this one is next, without the neds block it’d be my favourite GCT jersey. I prefer this version better...

Gold-Coast-Titans-Junior-Replica-Home-Jersey_GTJRJ501NVY_45Left_1024x1024__959843688.jpg

Roosters is classic, as are the Dragons, Rabbitohs, Dogs, and Sharks. But Roosters have maintained the integrity of theirs best here. I just like what the Tigers, Storm, and Warriors have done with their new designs (even though Warriors is a throwback to their original).
Warriors need to lock in that original design. It's perfect. Broncos need to go back to that POWERS jersey. They wore a variation of it in the finals in 2015 which was decent as well.

Warriors need to lock in that original design. It's perfect. Broncos need to go back to that POWERS jersey. They wore a variation of it in the finals in 2015 which was decent as well.

True - Both those original jerseys were the best those clubs have ever had.

Thinking about it - From the time the Broncos & Knights came in - every original jersey of expansion clubs are pretty much the best they have produced IMO.

Broncos - Powers
Knights - Henny Penny
Giants/Seagulls/Chargers/Titans - really just 4 individual jerseys with sponsor alterations. Titans was Jestar sponsor
Warriors - DB Bitter
Western Reds - Cash Converters
North Queensland Cowboys - XXXX

The only exception I'd suggest would be the Storm. But I did like that they had player surnames across the shoulder. Rams, Mariners, Crushers weren't in long enough and didn't really change styles.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Sponsorships aren't always to appeal to the masses, for example, it could be used to raise awareness of the brand within the industries or with investors that they company may be looking for. Then again maybe they are just supporters of the club and looking to help out.

Hmmmm an IPO of Laundy hotels maybe on cards.. U may be right

GAZF

First Grade
True - Both those original jerseys were the best those clubs have ever had.

Thinking about it - From the time the Broncos & Knights came in - every original jersey of expansion clubs are pretty much the best they have produced IMO.

Broncos - Powers
Knights - Henny Penny
Giants/Seagulls/Chargers/Titans - really just 4 individual jerseys with sponsor alterations. Titans was Jestar sponsor
Warriors - DB Bitter
Western Reds - Cash Converters
North Queensland Cowboys - XXXX

The only exception I'd suggest would be the Storm. But I did like that they had player surnames across the shoulder. Rams, Mariners, Crushers weren't in long enough and didn't really change styles.
Broncos - original was too busy. Their last design was fantastic, and their current look is solid
Knights - look better in the Barca stripes
Giants/Seagulls/Chargers/Titans - too big of a mess to pick, but the Seagulls and Titans original designs weren't their best
Warriors - agree
Reds - where the Knights pulled off vertical stripes, the Reds failed. Too "mix and match". Their SL design was decent, albeit unoriginal
Cowboys - agree, but they've had some ok variations of this design

Broncos - original was too busy. Their last design was fantastic, and their current look is solid
Knights - look better in the Barca stripes
Giants/Seagulls/Chargers/Titans - too big of a mess to pick, but the Seagulls and Titans original designs weren't their best
Warriors - agree
Reds - where the Knights pulled off vertical stripes, the Reds failed. Too "mix and match". Their SL design was decent, albeit unoriginal
Cowboys - agree, but they've had some ok variations of this design

All opinions. Always interested in hearing others.

I’m always a fan of “simplest is best” on jersey designs. Some of this originals were a bit complex but to me the best of all the kits they’ve had.

The Reds original jersey is possibly my favourite all time jersey outside my club (thus taking bias out). Unique but complimentary colours. Unique but fairly simple design. Great sponsorship integration - which doesn’t clash or have “boxes”. I bought an unworn original recently - mint condition and cost me a fair bit - but it’s absolutely awesome.

Their SL jersey was the best of all clubs IMO, but amongst some generally shocking competition.

Just heard Jack Wighton is disgusted by the raiders indigenous jersey. I don't agree with Jack. I think the raiders one looks good compared to other designs ( not as messy ) I do think they should fix the sleeves tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-30-09-00-45-77.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-30-09-00-45-77.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 17

Saint Doc

Coach
‘Filthy’ Raiders star Jack Wighton blasts own club over ‘lazy’ Indigenous jersey design
feb7c3a46d2bd3d45c1c9fa349c0eb9a

Jack Wighton takes aim at his own club.
Raiders star and proud Indigenous man Jack Wighton has blasted his club for a lack of effort in designing their jersey for Indigenous Round.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Raiders are the only club not to have an Indigenous symbol on the front of their jersey as they chose represent the fact the ACT is the only jurisdiction in Australia to have a Reconciliation Day public holiday on their sleeves.

Incumbent Blues and Kangaroos centre Wighton is the only Indigenous Australian in the Raiders’ first-grade squad and believes the club should have done much more.

“I’m very, very proud but I’m a little bit disappointed how the club went about the jersey and that. I feel like we just ticked a box, no one got any input,” Wighton told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“We’ve got a lot of First Nations people of all different types – Samoans and Maoris and that, you know – and no one really had any say about the jersey.

“I think you can tell. We had a whole canvas and they just put a little design on the sleeve. We didn’t hear nothing about it until this week. No one came to us for any ideas.

“In previous years we’ve had a lot to do with it and the club has run things past us but I felt like they got lazy this year.”

The Indigenous design is the artwork of Lynnice Church, an Aboriginal woman from the Ngunnawal, Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi tribes.

While not being critical of the artist, Wighton believes the club could have gone to more effort in such a special round for his people.

For instance South Sydney’s jersey includes a handprint of the club’s eight Indigenous players and a totem for their tribe.

The South Sydney jersey was designed by Cody Walker’s uncle Joe and has a black rabbit at its centre.

“They’ve got the best stories and put a bit of effort in. I just feel like we ticked a box this year,” Wighton said.

Raiders Indigenous Jersey. Source: Canberra Raiders
“It’s terrible. I’m filthy. It’s the one round to share culture, you know what I mean, to get our artwork and stories out there, and I feel like we’ve put a pretty poor effort in, if I’m to be honest.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...c3ce6a22e336bf17c53?__twitter_impression=true

GAZF

First Grade
Indigenous player input to a design, that represents all Indigenous people in the RL and general community, is all that matters. I'm filthy because I didn't get my way this year.

- Jack Wighton, 2020

mongoose

Coach
I don’t see a problem with the huwaii logo, at least they’ve tried to integrate rather than have it in a ugly white box

Yeah the Huawei sponsor has grown on me over time. It's a nice design and doesn't stick out too much.

The Dare sponsor is pretty shit but every jersey has some shitty eye sore on it...

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Yeah the Huawei sponsor has grown on me over time. It's a nice design and doesn't stick out too much.

The Dare sponsor is pretty shit but every jersey has some shitty eye sore on it...
For us I don’t like the bundy logo on the sternum (in fact I’m not a fan of sternum sponsors really) and our numbers are bad I honestly would prefer if they cut a square out of the design on the back so we’d have better visible numbers

We’ve got a lot of First Nations people of all different types – Samoans and Maoris and that, you know – and no one really had any say about the jersey. - rat bag jack

I thought indigenous round was for indigenous Australians ? I thought that's what makes this round special for the first nations people of Australia ?

Going by jacks logic the shirt should be filled with Anglo Saxon art work as most raiders players are indigenous to eroupe and are born in england.

Nick Cotric is Serbian so let's chuck some indigenous Serbian artwork on it while we are at it :thumbsup:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If he's trying to compare previous designs, then I can see his point.

I thought last years was better, not saying this current one is bad, I think most of the ones this weekend are pretty good.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
I’d agree this a bumper year for indigenous jerseys, the only shame is obvious clashes eg. Newcastle and Melbourne

greenBV4

Bench
I’d agree this a bumper year for indigenous jerseys, the only shame is obvious clashes eg. Newcastle and Melbourne
I think we will see only the home teams in the indigenous for the bad clashes, which is unfortunate and defeats the purpose of the round, the teams should of looked at the fixture and designed around that. If theres a clash, and you are the away team, then base your indigenous off your away strip