What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This year mate we have a better team then them but are not playing to our potential. Man for man I believe we are either equal or better then them in every position bar hooker and 5/8th. But that is where they will beat us, in the brains trust if we don't smarten up and use our skills and abilities wiser. We have them, but for whatever reason we have forgotten how to use them.

The buck stops at BA's feet. Who is our attacking coach this year? Whoever he is he needs to get a hurry up or should be fired at seasons end if we don't improve.
The same bloke who has been there since 2014..........

TheRam

Coach
Don’t know. He could be all out of answers. I have as much insight into the man as you do. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part. Maybe there is a grand plan. Or maybe he is at a complete loss as to why our attack is so mediocre and our leaky right edge continues to be leaky.

If he is at a loss, then we are no chance of winning the comp, so I prefer to think - however misguided it may be - that there are some plans and tactics in place.

Fair enough I have seen this movie way to often and it has always ended sadly though. But here's hoping. :)

Tooooks

Bench
Fair enough I have seen this movie way to often and it has always ended sadly though. But here's hoping. :)

I have lost a lot of confidence in this team over the past month. Good teams generally don’t repeatedly put in such poor performances. I’m hoping they turn it around this week and play solid for 80 minutes.

I thought our right edge attack would be lethal this year. Have to wonder what’s going on and why there’s no improvement.

TheRam

Coach
The same bloke who has been there since 2014..........

That's why I said in a previous post I would give him one more year at most to WIN the GF. If he can't do it by then, no matter how much we all like the guy, I would be bringing in Shane Flanagan if we want an experienced operator and a man that knows how to get the job done if he is still available or if we want to take a gamble on a young coach Craig Fitzgibbon who I think will turn out to be a hell of a coach.

TheRam

Coach
I have lost a lot of confidence in this team over the past month. Good teams generally don’t repeatedly put in such poor performances. I’m hoping they turn it around this week and play solid for 80 minutes.

I thought our right edge attack would be lethal this year. Have to wonder what’s going on and why there’s no improvement.

Exactly mate.

84 Baby

Referee
Everybody is pointing at the Roosters as an example of not playing well but still winning as if that is somehow justifying our lousy form too and still winning. For starters the Roosters are missing quite a few quality players at present and still their coach was filthy on the weekend.

But more importantly, the Roosters know how to turn it on when it matters and have bedded down their style of play and guess what? It wins premierships. What have we bedded down and or won?

On the Roosters, I expect SBW will probably win them the title this year. He will look rusty for the first 3 or 4 games as they ease him back into the game, but by the time the semis roll around they will have worked out how to use him the best way and once his fitness is up to scratch he will be a man possessed to make it happen. People who think he won't be up to it and down on what he used to do, don't realise it is only 7-8 games we are talking about, he is playing for a title ffs, he is a legend of the game and that he is only 34-35 and playing Union and 2nd grade standard league for the last few years, which has hardly taxed on his body. He is still a specimen and will just need NRL match fitness.

The desire is what he has been missing in the games he has been playing of late. Well all that will change once he pulls on that c**k jumper in a couple of weeks. I think that they are an 80% chance of winning it again this year, if they don't get anymore injuries and are fit and healthy by the time the semis come around. But I want us to be the other team that they are playing in the GF and have that 20% chance of holding up the Trophy at the end. 20% is better then none.
My point was we can play better but so too can the Rorters. So not only do we have to play better when it counts, we have to play betterer than their better

TheRam

Coach
No but did we play better in that game than in most of the regular season wins we got that year?

Sort of yes, but it was a semi and that is what you would expect from a healthy team coming in, but so did our opposition and they beat us when it counted.

84 Baby

Referee
If this is BA's great master plan, then why was he so disappointed and pissed off by our last performance? Why did he even ask the team if they felt like singing the team song? Ha ha ha...you think he is he foxing?
Because we defended like shit. Reckon he’d have been fine if the end result was 18-0

84 Baby

Referee
Sort of yes, but it was a semi and that is what you would expect from a healthy team coming in, but so did our opposition and they beat us when it counted.
Wait so the Scum also played worse during the regular season than they did that game? It almost sounds like you’re saying during the regular season they were trying to avoid playing at 100% intensity so that they could build to that for the postseason

TheRam

Coach
Wait so the Scum also played worse during the regular season than they did that game? It almost sounds like you’re saying during the regular season they were trying to avoid playing at 100% intensity so that they could build to that for the postseason

For starters the Storm more then any other team play at a high level for most of the season with the occasional dip and secondly they already have a style of play bedded down lie I said before. We on the other hand are all over the place and no one ever really knows what we are going to dish up and nothing has changed.

Do you honestly know what type of game we are going to turn up and play this weekend? With the Storm, with Smith out now, there is a slight question mark over them, but normally we all do.

84 Baby

Referee
Ultimately this season, like every other season in every other sport at every other level everywhere else in the world, will come down to playing at a high intensity (we’ve proven we can do this), game plan (proven it against the minnows, need to prove it against the big boys) and attitude in individual moments, we’ve proven that to a small degree but there’s clearly some players who have more experience handling that, and even then it comes down to a shit ton of luck.
And I liken a season to a keg. You want to empty it by the end of the night but you don’t want to drink it too quick cause then you’ll pass out while everyone else has fun. You don’t want to drink it too slow because it’ll go off, and everyone else will be at peak fun while you are barely started. And even if you drain it perfectly, some other bloke may be drinking Bentspoke while you’ve had Reschs

84 Baby

Referee
For starters the Storm more then any other team play at a high level for most of the season with the occasional dip and secondly they already have a style of play bedded down lie I said before. We on the other hand are all over the place and no one ever really knows what we are going to dish up and nothing has changed.

Do you honestly know what type of game we are going to turn up and play this weekend? With the Storm, with Smith out now, there is a slight question mark over them, but normally we all do.
I already said that earlier, you’re the one who said they played better in 2017 final. Scum play a slow, pressure game. It’s easy for them to maintain successfully across a season, but when teams break their game, they rely on their Smiths & Slaters to be a match winner, so they have a safety net. And they can also look very bland during the season

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year mate we have a better team then them but are not playing to our potential. Man for man I believe we are either equal or better then them in every position bar hooker and 5/8th. But that is where they will beat us, in the brains trust if we don't smarten up and use our skills and abilities wiser. We have them, but for whatever reason we have forgotten how to use them.

The buck stops at BA's feet. Who is our attacking coach this year? Whoever he is he needs to get a hurry up or should be fired at seasons end if we don't improve.
I agree that on paper nobody has a better team then us. Our only weakness is inexperience in key attacking positions, and we are countering this with dominance through the middle. It's good coaching, or at least not bad coaching. The only fix is in recruiting. Should we have signed Blake Green? How does that help Dylan Brown, who is a first grader and one of our highest paid players? We need to allow for our weaknesses like every other club does.

eels_fan

First Grade
Only signed for one extra year to what he was already signed, guess he also believe in the 3 year premiership window, then he’s out.