Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

  1. The Phelan Folly

    The Phelan Folly Juniors

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Messages:
    2,212
    Likes Received:
    228
    Exactly this. Theres no way we are going to fire all of our guns halfway through a season. Id expect we will ramp it up 2-3 weeks out from the semis.
     
  2. 84 Baby

    84 Baby Coach

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    6,926
    That said clearly Rorters aren’t playing at their peak either, Scum play a style that doesn’t really have a peak or trough and Panfas could go either way
     
  3. Poupou Escobar

    Poupou Escobar Post Whore

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2007
    Messages:
    62,513
    Likes Received:
    11,306
    We don't want to go off half cocked.
     
  4. emjaycee

    emjaycee First Grade

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Messages:
    9,540
    Likes Received:
    4,561
    Go left to Sivo all year and leave Ferguson starved of tries and then in the semi's switch our attack to the right and the opposition won't know what hit them... Ferginator!!!!
     
  5. The Phelan Folly

    The Phelan Folly Juniors

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Messages:
    2,212
    Likes Received:
    228
    As long as we keep our powder dry, eyes on the target and dont mis-fire blanks we may hit the bullseye.
     
  6. Eelogical

    Eelogical Coach

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2009
    Messages:
    15,888
    Likes Received:
    4,364
    To be fair, we did quite well last year by spreading it both left and right. Virtually the same team in 2020. Why are we going left, a forum member on the coaching staff?
     
  7. I'm a loser baby...

    I'm a loser baby... Immortal

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    30,939
    Likes Received:
    10,919
    I believe he's called The Duchess.
     
    Poupou Escobar likes this.
  8. hindy111

    hindy111 Immortal

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    Messages:
    35,102
    Likes Received:
    8,872

    What makes you think they are peaking?
    They had Capewell,Too and Edwards out last week. Staines played 25mins. Whare also out but likely to not make side anyhow.
    I reckon Critcton,Luai,Naden,Liam Martin,Leinu,May will all improve by the end of season. None have played much more then 25 games.
     
    TheRam likes this.
  9. 84 Baby

    84 Baby Coach

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    6,926
    They definitely peaking
    [​IMG]
     
  10. yy_cheng

    yy_cheng Coach

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2003
    Messages:
    13,638
    Likes Received:
    333
    I still think since we got blake, Ferguson hardly gets the ball
     
  11. TheRam

    TheRam First Grade

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Messages:
    8,837
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    Because this is the NRL and you can't just turn it on and off like a tap. Look at the Panthers. They are practicing all their plays and strategies during the season proper. They have even stopped using Kikau as their main man and just using him as a decoy now. But they already have used him and know how to, so now they are working out more combinations. They aren't playing crap like us in attack and waiting for the semis to unleash at the end of the season. They are honing their skills now to unleash multiple weapons that they have been practicing all year.

    Look, our attack will once again start to look much better once Mahoney starts to play better and begins to deliver better and faster at the ruck especially when he picks up his game and throws those bullet 20 metre passes across the line to Moses and the like, but we are very vulnerable as a team if he is either injured, fatigued, off his game or a quality team like the Storm or Roosters shut him down. Which if I was coach would be my main strategy against the Eels knowing they are a broken accordion if he is taken out. We don't have at this stage a quality plan B.

    We have been playing well in patches this year and sometimes really well, but it's obvious that we are also very limited in attack once we don't get it our way and we start to unravel bit by bit. We should still make the top 4, but I am worried that if we are unhealthy or fatigued by the time we get there that we won't be able to play our power game for the 3 or 4 games it takes to win it and lose meekly to teams that have more to offer smarts wise on the field because right now what we are doing in my opinion is very dumb. We just look like flat track bullies to me. We need to be aggressive, but we also need to learn a few tricks so when the tied turns against us out there we have the smarts and practiced knowhow to turn it around.
     
    hindy111 likes this.
  12. TheRam

    TheRam First Grade

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Messages:
    8,837
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    If this is BA's great master plan, then why was he so disappointed and pissed off by our last performance? Why did he even ask the team if they felt like singing the team song? Ha ha ha...you think he is he foxing?
     
    IFR33K likes this.
  13. TheRam

    TheRam First Grade

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Messages:
    8,837
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    Did we win that game?
     
  14. Poupou Escobar

    Poupou Escobar Post Whore

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2007
    Messages:
    62,513
    Likes Received:
    11,306
    When he acknowledged our middles he said he tries not to dish out too much praise, so yes he does play those coach games.
     
  15. Poupou Escobar

    Poupou Escobar Post Whore

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2007
    Messages:
    62,513
    Likes Received:
    11,306
    Given the disparity in talent we went as well as we could have in a finals match in Melbourne. Nobody beat them that year.

    There's a lot more to winning than just playing your best. If the opposition have a better team and they also play their best you'll lose.
     
  16. TheRam

    TheRam First Grade

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Messages:
    8,837
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    Everybody is pointing at the Roosters as an example of not playing well but still winning as if that is somehow justifying our lousy form too and still winning. For starters the Roosters are missing quite a few quality players at present and still their coach was filthy on the weekend.

    But more importantly, the Roosters know how to turn it on when it matters and have bedded down their style of play and guess what? It wins premierships. What have we bedded down and or won?

    On the Roosters, I expect SBW will probably win them the title this year. He will look rusty for the first 3 or 4 games as they ease him back into the game, but by the time the semis roll around they will have worked out how to use him the best way and once his fitness is up to scratch he will be a man possessed to make it happen. People who think he won't be up to it and down on what he used to do, don't realise it is only 7-8 games we are talking about, he is playing for a title ffs, he is a legend of the game and that he is only 34-35 and playing Union and 2nd grade standard league for the last few years, which has hardly taxed on his body. He is still a specimen and will just need NRL match fitness.

    The desire is what he has been missing in the games he has been playing of late. Well all that will change once he pulls on that c**k jumper in a couple of weeks. I think that they are an 80% chance of winning it again this year, if they don't get anymore injuries and are fit and healthy by the time the semis come around. But I want us to be the other team that they are playing in the GF and have that 20% chance of holding up the Trophy at the end. 20% is better then none.
     
  17. Sphagnum

    Sphagnum First Grade

    Joined:
    May 14, 2012
    Messages:
    9,283
    Likes Received:
    6,457
    Needs more panic stations
     
  18. TheRam

    TheRam First Grade

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Messages:
    8,837
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    This year mate we have a better team then them but are not playing to our potential. Man for man I believe we are either equal or better then them in every position bar hooker and 5/8th. But that is where they will beat us, in the brains trust if we don't smarten up and use our skills and abilities wiser. We have them, but for whatever reason we have forgotten how to use them.

    The buck stops at BA's feet. Who is our attacking coach this year? Whoever he is he needs to get a hurry up or should be fired at seasons end if we don't improve.
     
    hindy111 likes this.
  19. Tooooks

    Tooooks Juniors

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    2,059
    Likes Received:
    893
    Don’t know. He could be all out of answers. I have as much insight into the man as you do. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part. Maybe there is a grand plan. Or maybe he is at a complete loss as to why our attack is so mediocre and our leaky right edge continues to be leaky.

    If he is at a loss, then we are no chance of winning the comp, so I prefer to think - however misguided it may be - that there are some plans and tactics in place.
     
    Gazzamatta, TheRam and Suitman like this.
  20. hineyrulz

    hineyrulz Post Whore

    Joined:
    May 14, 2006
    Messages:
    115,421
    Likes Received:
    46,841
    lol he’s been foxing for 7 years.


    I can’t wait till the Semi’s when we come out with all these new plays and attack. It will be very something!!
     
    strider, IFR33K and TheRam like this.

Share This Page