What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure how you could come to that conclusion but carry on.

offers nothing in attack.
Their 1st try was scored in part due to him stumbling. Similar for the matchwinner Parra scored against us.
I feel he should of backed up better late in that game too. Naden on Big League wrap said he was expecting Aekins to be following him for the intercept

So it all comes down to opinion of the back up guys. There are 5-6 in the squad I don't think are FG yet atm. In a 27 man squad puts us behind the 8 ball. As I said it is all opinion

The only reason you’d go after Johnston, Addo Carr or alike, is if the club thought Staines would take Edwards spot sometime next near. Otherwise we just don’t have a need for that caliber of winger.

Jane Murray

Bench
Lindsay Smith has been elevated into the top side. I do not know anything about him. Is he any good, and what are his chances of a debut this season?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Lindsay Smith has been elevated into the top side. I do not know anything about him. Is he any good, and what are his chances of a debut this season?

He’s a promising kid pretty tall. I would have thought we’d need a few injuries for him to get a start. He’s been on our extended bench a few times.

Fangs

Coach
I am sure there will be guys in that same situation that just want to be around a squad. The way injuries get us I am sure they would end up with plenty of game time anyway

Yes true but I just can't see it with a player as good as Johnston. If he did sign on a cheap price he would be the buy of the year. Very good player.

Also we aren't quite in the calibre of Melbourne/Roosters yet. If we win a premiership in the next 2-3 years then we can least start thinking about us as a powerhouse club. Finals 5/7 years should we make it in 2020.

mxlegend99

Referee
He’s a promising kid pretty tall. I would have thought we’d need a few injuries for him to get a start. He’s been on our extended bench a few times.
Based on running with Burton on the bench and not using him when our pack was decimated I highly doubt we will see him this year.

Ideally we will only get stronger from here so it would likely only happen if we had secured the minor premiership before regular season ends and if we rest a bunch of guys for finals.

Kilkenny

Coach

I watched a fair bit of Lindsay Smith coming thru the juniors and he always impressed me as a kid who may make it in the NRL.

I wouldn’t expect to see him debut this season other than maybe a cameo in the last round or two if we were guaranteed a top four spot and Ivan feels like he has to give a regular a break.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes true but I just can't see it with a player as good as Johnston. If he did sign on a cheap price he would be the buy of the year. Very good player.

Also we aren't quite in the calibre of Melbourne/Roosters yet. If we win a premiership in the next 2-3 years then we can least start thinking about us as a powerhouse club. Finals 5/7 years should we make it in 2020.

We have the core there just need to keep making signings like Tetevano and Capewell every few years

franklin2323

Immortal
I watched a fair bit of Lindsay Smith coming thru the juniors and he always impressed me as a kid who may make it in the NRL.

I wouldn’t expect to see him debut this season other than maybe a cameo in the last round or two if we were guaranteed a top four spot and Ivan feels like he has to give a regular a break.

I think he would of already debuted if there was lower grade footy

franklin2323

Immortal
Based on running with Burton on the bench and not using him when our pack was decimated I highly doubt we will see him this year.

Ideally we will only get stronger from here so it would likely only happen if we had secured the minor premiership before regular season ends and if we rest a bunch of guys for finals.

Smith is the sort of player hurt by no lower tier footy

Kilkenny

Coach
He is bigger than May who played backrow the other week. If he had some proven game time against adults than I think he plays instead

Tyrone is the number 1 utility player under Ivan. Lindsay is largely going to develop into a front rower if his body fills out. No way he gets into our 17 in front of any of the current players never mind May.

Kilkenny

Coach
You mentioned Capewell in another thread he is well out of our top 17 when he does get fit, if ever. No free pass for him unless injury strikes.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think he walks back in to the side. He seems to be an Ivan favourite.

I’m sorry but I must be missing something here.

Capewell has been injured other than his what two appearances one of which was but a few minutes.

We are sitting on top of the NRL ladder despite the absence of Capewell and there are suggestions he should come straight back into the starting side when he is fit?

Am I missing something here or have the players who have played in his absence done a decent job?

We will be in a good place if he doesn’t play another game for us this season because that will mean we have had no further injuries and those who have done the job will continue to get the job done.

Jane Murray

Bench

Capewell has been injured other than his what two appearances one of which was but a few minutes.

We are sitting on top of the NRL ladder despite the absence of Capewell and there are suggestions he should come straight back into the starting side when he is fit?

Am I missing something here or have the players who have played in his absence done a decent job?

We will be in a good place if he doesn’t play another game for us this season because that will mean we have had no further injuries and those who have done the job will continue to get the job done.
Capewell was signed for a reason. I, personally, agree with you. I think Martin will be the one to make way, unfortunately.

Hooked

Juniors

Teams generally don't play 3 middles off the bench.
No guarantee Hetherington comes back this year.

Ivan tried to sign him while at the Tigers. He missed out. He signed him next time he was off contract.

He was injured in the pre season yet, after resumption without playing a game he started in round 3.
Kikau and Martin are both carrying niggles. Burns is not a reliable back up should either go down.
A middle will make way for him. I have no doubt he will be back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts