What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fun fact..

Was there ever a Jesus though?

good question..

because he was born at zero, and the year zero doesn't exist....

hmmmmm

the-Thinker-Statue-Fine-Art-Sculpture-Male-Nude-Figure.jpg

On NRL360 the other night, Benny Elias said that:

- he and Andrew Gordon are really good mates;
- Mary's position is as 'safe as houses';
- Andrew demands success (like LOL);
- Andrew is not happy with the club's performance but, apparently, he's a man of his word and a deal is a deal - he won't look to terminate Mary's contract (wow, such integrity).

So the f#*kwit owner of the Illawarra club places loyalty above success, or should I say misplaces.

That's the joint venture super club for you.

Straight Shooter
It's worse than that.
If loyalty is such a cornerstone of Andrew's integrity then what about the fans?
What respect and loyalty has he shown to them?
Isn't there a "contract" between the club and the fan base to deliver a winning football Team and more simply, football that is enjoyable to watch from a competitive Team.
There are two sides to this coin and Gordon keeps spinning a double headed penny.
Hypocritical tripe.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh god, this stupid debate again.

A decade is any 10 year period of time.

- In 2023 we’ll have seen out a decade of McGregor.
- We’ve just started the 20’s. We call it that because it’s the first year of a decade that starts with 20. We’ll finish it in ‘29.
- This year is the final year of the 220th decade of the current calendar
- Your high school reunion is generally on a decade anniversary of when you finished school.
We started in 1921. So our first decade ends in 1930.

"20's" is typo on your part, surely.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We started in 1921. So our first decade ends in 1930.

"20's" is typo on your part, surely.
Come on Willow, don’t go all Jimmy on me..

I’m referring to us, the world, starting the 20’s (The 2020’s) this year..

Muzby is correct-there is no contract of any type.However a club with no supporters is no longer a club-doesnt matter how much money the owner has-if theres no-one who pays to go see them then there is no club left. So by definition there is a sort of social contract- Gordon needs us just as much as we need him.Without us he has nothing

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Come on Willow, don’t go all Jimmy on me.
I'm not sure why certain posters feel the need to drag other poster(s) in when trying to argue their point. Presumably it is due to them having an ulterior motive.
I’m referring to us, the world, starting the 20’s (The 2020’s) this year..
FYI...
Although decades used to be written using the apostrophe ( the 1920's), currently the correct practice is to omit the apostrophe: the 1920s. 3. The same rule applies to most plurals of abbreviations that used to have apostrophes: CDs, DVDs, TVs, URLs.
[Source]

You can refer to whatever you like. I am talking about our first decade as a Club in First Grade.

A decade is indeed 10 years.

Our first premiership season was in 1921. Hence, our first decade concluded at the end of 1930.

Our second decade (10 years) was 1931-1940, and so on...

possm

Coach
It's worse than that.
If loyalty is such a cornerstone of Andrew's integrity then what about the fans?
What respect and loyalty has he shown to them?
Isn't there a "contract" between the club and the fan base to deliver a winning football Team and more simply, football that is enjoyable to watch from a competitive Team.
There are two sides to this coin and Gordon keeps spinning a double headed penny.
Hypocritical tripe.
Andrew Gordon does not have what it takes to drive SGI to success. We need a new owner and a plan to lift St George Illawarra Dragons to the top of the pile off and on the field.

A. St George Leagues Club to buy all shares of SGI from WIN/Gordons at current market value. St George will then hold the NRL licence.

B. St George Leagues Club to establish and own a club named Illawarra League s Club in Wollongong.

C. St George Leagues Club to sell 50% of it's shares to an investor willing to progress the development of the two leagues clubs and rugby league in the St George and Illawarra districts..

D. The Illawarra Leagues Club to be a feeder club for the St George St George Dragons and control junior and grade football within the Illawarra Region.

Redevelopment of the Taj and the upgrade of Kogarah oval will feature in the plans of St George Leagues Club.

NRL training to return to Kogarah and a fitness centre of excellence to be established as part of the Taj upgrade.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm not sure why certain posters feel the need to drag other poster(s) in when trying to argue their point. Presumably it is due to them having an ulterior motive.
FYI...
Although decades used to be written using the apostrophe ( the 1920's), currently the correct practice is to omit the apostrophe: the 1920s. 3. The same rule applies to most plurals of abbreviations that used to have apostrophes: CDs, DVDs, TVs, URLs.
[Source]

You can refer to whatever you like. I am talking about our first decade as a Club in First Grade.

A decade is indeed 10 years.

Our first premiership season was in 1921. Hence, our first decade concluded at the end of 1930.

Our second decade (10 years) was 1931-1940, and so on...
Eh? Who’s arguing?

We’re singing from the same hymn book, a decade can start at any point, it’s not tied to year zero..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Eh? Who’s arguing?
Not me. I know that you know that I am right.
We’re singing from the same hymn book, a decade can start at any point, it’s not tied to year zero..
I don't do church. And these religious references have been around since Adam was a boy.

But the subject matter is about how far we have dipped as a Club since 2000. One Grand Final appearance in 20 years when in previous decades we were accustomed to much more. To be there and watch the team qualify for a Grand Final is a great feeling, but sadly it is becoming a distance memory.

And I sometimes think about those many younger and new fans who don't even know what it feels like.