What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

MugaB

Coach
Ummmmmmmmmm yeah Nathan Brown won't buy the Warriors a premiership. But putting together a development program, overhauling the roster, and getting their salary cap right he’s the man to do it. Wayne Bennett time with the Knights did make a trip to the preliminary finals. However, the aftermath after he left tells you the short term gain for long term pain is what clubs should stay clear from.
Ahhh little wayne videotogif_2018.04.09_08.31.17.gif

Aragorn

First Grade
Ummmmmmmmmm yeah Nathan Brown won't buy the Warriors a premiership. But putting together a development program, overhauling the roster, and getting their salary cap right he’s the man to do it. Wayne Bennett time with the Knights did make a trip to the preliminary finals. However, the aftermath after he left tells you the short term gain for long term pain is what clubs should stay clear from.

yeah he overhauled the knights roster by bringing in Mason Lino, Jacob Lilyman, James Gavet and would have signed an Isaac Luke.

All these players were asked to leave the Warriors for a reason. Old, injured or just crap.

its no wonder 2019 was a disaster year for the Knights with him at the helm

Kearney 2.0

Silent Knight

First Grade
I guess Moses Mbye would be an "okay" signing if the Titans were looking at putting him in at hooker, but really only as a stopgap until they can recruit someone better. It's a shame that Andrew McCullough got injured, because I think he's exactly what the Titans need in terms of experience.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/63e90b68250792d80404ee28ceccf25f

The Titans have recruited extremely well lately in getting David Fifita, Tino Faasuamaleaui and Herman Ese'ese to the club, but this one I'm not so confident about.

I also feel that the Titans should be sending a message to the other clubs that they're not willing to be a dumping ground any longer for their unwanted players. But who knows, maybe Holbrook can get some value out of Mbye.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I guess Moses Mbye would be an "okay" signing if the Titans were looking at putting him in at hooker, but really only as a stopgap until they can recruit someone better. It's a shame that Andrew McCullough got injured, because I think he's exactly what the Titans need in terms of experience.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/63e90b68250792d80404ee28ceccf25f

The Titans have recruited extremely well lately in getting David Fifita, Tino Faasuamaleaui and Herman Ese'ese to the club, but this one I'm not so confident about.

I also feel that the Titans should be sending a message to the other clubs that they're not willing to be a dumping ground any longer for their unwanted players. But who knows, maybe Holbrook can get some value out of Mbye.
You know that a team who signs Mbye wont be playing finals football for a while.

In what universe is he worth 800K a season?

AJB1102

First Grade
I don't think Mbye would be a good pick up for anyone. I don't know what he does, let alone does well. Is he being paid $200k for each position he can perform poorly in?

shear_joy9

Coach
You know that a team who signs Mbye wont be playing finals football for a while.

In what universe is he worth 800K a season?

There's a lot of articles putting his salary closer to $950k a year.

Can only assume any club even remotely considering signing Mbye hasn't watched him play the past few seasons. This is where the Titans link makes sense. Big Mal probably hasn't seen him play for the tigers and only remembers his name as an interchange for QLD.

davi

Juniors
Reports are Titans are discussing a extension for coach Justin Holbrook until at least the end of 2023. He does have a year left on his deal and the Titans are determined to avoid the coaching merry go around. Holbrook has them travelling in the right direction. Yes, they only have four wins, but they are improving. I wouldn't be surprised if they played spoiler against some of the top eight sides in the back half of the season.

davi

Juniors

Justin Holbrook said in the Courier Mail today that signing Moses Mbye was unlikely to happen. I wasn't convinced in the SMH article that it was going to happen. It seemed more likely the Tigers were talking up the idea and hoping it would happen rather then the Titans were interested. Holbrook also ruled out signing Tevita Pangai Jnr.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Not a rumour but I reckon tpj might get picked up by the storm as bellamys last renovation project before he finishes coaching the storm

Silent Knight

First Grade
Justin Holbrook said in the Courier Mail today that signing Moses Mbye was unlikely to happen. I wasn't convinced in the SMH article that it was going to happen. It seemed more likely the Tigers were talking up the idea and hoping it would happen rather then the Titans were interested. Holbrook also ruled out signing Tevita Pangai Jnr.

That’s really good to hear. It’s about time the Titans stood for something instead of just being also-rans and accepting other team’s garbage. Holbrook will turn things around over the next few years, no doubt in my mind.

grouch

First Grade
The Titans were supposedly one of the front runners to sign John Asiata from the Cowboys too. What's the latest on that? Was hoping the Saints would land him

nick87

Coach
I think you're drastically under selling Koroibete there
He was a weapon for them and my FIL tells me he's been the wallabies best back in his union stint.

Dont think that's downgrade.

Latest posts