What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Position Did You Play?

ALSGI

Bench
League - Lock, Centre
Union - Breakaway

Only played at school, James Cook High.
Brian Smith and Ian Schubert were our coaches. Both PE teachers back then.

Soccer and Judo on weekends/weeknights.

Basketball was my thing back then, played NSW Rep in State Schoolboys and many of the guys I played with became the first Sydney Kings when Basketball went pro. I coulda, shoulda but joined the Army at 17 instead!
Showing my tender age here.

I can still throw a decent dart these days!

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
League - Lock, Centre
Union - Breakaway

Only played at school, James Cook High.
Brian Smith and Ian Schubert were our coaches. Both PE teachers back then.

Soccer and Judo on weekends/weeknights.

Basketball was my thing back then, played NSW Rep in State Schoolboys and many of the guys I played with became the first Sydney Kings when Basketball went pro. I coulda, shouda but joined the Army at 17 instead!
Showing my tender age here.

I can still throw a decent dart these days!

Old Timer

Coach
Sounds like a challenge?
After picking up a nasty auto immune issue I couldn't play golf or bowls anymore so was at a bit of a loss.

The kids, the beloved grandson and the bride decided to buy me a dart board and that just hung around in the shed for a year or two sitting beside the golf clubs and the bowls but I did go to Luna Park when they had the dart masters on there and had a fat time.

Was forced to retire from work so moved out to the Hawkesbury and after about 12 months finally set the dart board up in the garage and started throwing a few and late last year I joined the western Sydney comp and love it.

Looked around and got a good set of tungsten darts and whilst I'm not very good and a bit too old to improve a hell of a lot I am throwing around an average of just under 18 / dart sometimes on a good day might get up to 21 if the doubling is on song.

Managed to throw a 14 and a 15 dart leg and give a big woohoo to the opponent and luckily I have a few mates I throw against using Skype and FaceTime which is a lot of fun.

Not as good a standing on the hand on the end a loose arm in a scrum or rucking somebody out the back but I sure do see a lot of people's faces on the board at different times.

Old Timer

Coach
Had a few games at flanker when I filled in for the local team. Found it good fun - the coach gave me one simple job, sack the opposition fly half at any scrum.
Well muzby finally something to rejoice about in unison.

Nothing like the feel of the ribs crunching into your shoulder of those pussy kick happy 10's.