What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

carltonsouth79

First Grade
We played as if Mary was our coach. They lacked so much in second phase play, we could not make a break while the Titans made several and the cause of them being able to score were the mistakes by Ford and Lawrie.

They scored 3 tries to one. We failed in attack and as such our defence wasn't there.

Young must know that he hasn't got the head coach job so now we might as well have all of the other players who have been waiting in the wings to get runs in the remaining games and just let them play their natural game.
Our biggest failing for many years for mine.Other than Luciano and Mez none of our forwards off load. We have no second phase play in us

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Agree the missed tackles were bad. I though Host and Ford were quite good and have real upsides. Mez has been a great servant but it is time. Blake I don’t know. He is fearless and has a big motor. Maybe a new coaching direction will allow those young forwards to bloom next year. I know, I’m living in hope!
Agree, thought Host and Ford went okay. We don’t have the size to dent the defensive line and get a roll and provide the backs with enough space; because we rarely play second phase were easy to read. The one time we did we scored.

Thought the effort was there.

Red V for life

Juniors
The motto was compete not complete, wasn’t it?

That was a completely impotent display. The only thing they kind of did was complete. They certainly through absolutely nothing at the Titans, but you knew when we had 50 tackles to f&ck all in the 20, it wasn’t going to end well.

40 missed tackles plus . Dean Young was our defensive coach.
Laurie Merrin Host Ford are all Reserve graders.

Our forward depth is crap

Largely agree. Our forwards have no impact. I thought Host and Ford tried. Although, Ford had poor discipline at the end and good to see Ben Hunt give him a mouthful. Something like “he called you offside 4 times”

possm

Coach
Agree the missed tackles were bad. I though Host and Ford were quite good and have real upsides. Mez has been a great servant but it is time. Blake I don’t know. He is fearless and has a big motor. Maybe a new coaching direction will allow those young forwards to bloom next year. I know, I’m living in hope!
McInnes died with the ball on the second last tackle so many times tonight.

Defence did not move up all night and so was on the backfoot all night.

Lomax and Ravalawa were starved of clean ball all night long.

Dean Young is NOT a first-grade coach or a suitable Dragons assistant coach. Let the new coach pick his own staff. So much for giving Young 3 easy games to settle in.

boardlumps62

Juniors
That was a smart move. Billy unfortunately did nothing as did Ben Hunt and Corey Norman.
Should have had Blacker on the bench in place of Merrin because he was given no time didn't understand that as he had an off load which we lack big time. Why did we play through the forwards which only shows were desperate and that's where we screw up losing the ball all the bloody time. Bored goodnight.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Well I can’t say I didn’t expect this to happen and I am also glad.

We can now See that anything and anyone that had anything to do with McGregor And his time should be exterminated.

We got out coached by a coach with a footy brain. Simple as that. Have nothing against DY but remember he was part of the rubbish dishes out for the last 5 years.

I’d rather Matty Head if they went within the club

it was for all the BOD to see we need outside influences and hiring griffin who I think is someone we need is just a tactic to bring Dean Young in as coach within 3 years. The club should go all out for Wane. The blokes pushing for Griffin have agendas and blind Freddy can see it’s just a decoy for the time for Alberts son to take over

SAP58

Juniors
As I have said previously we don’t have the players in the critical positions either playing well or capable of playing to the standard required. We will kill Lomax if we constantly rely on him to provide all our attacking capability. Massive challenges ahead for the new coach, maybe a few will decide to drop out of the race after seeing tonight’s game.

redv13

Bench
And tonight proves 100% that we need an experienced outside coach to come in and clean up this shit fight circus of a club. That performance was about 3 steps backwards and on par with McGregors garbage that has been served up over the last 2 seasons. Fu**ing joke of a performance

That last set summed it up aptly. Titans defence read all our short plays well and covered the kick.Better structures and executed than us
We don't play football - we're a stats team
1. 54% possession
2. Completed at 89%
3. Were parked in their 20 metre for 44 tackles and scored only 1 try.
4. Won the kicking battle which helped us dominate field position.
BUT
*STI Missed 36 tackles
*Titans made 50+ tackles more than we did
*Titans made 7 line breaks compared to 2 by us.
*Rein outplayed Hunt - 8 dummy half runs compared to 1. (I thought Hunt's running game was his strength)
*Taylor and Fogharty outplayed our halves pairing - why we persevere with Norman I will never know.

Similarities to the rubbish McGregor trotted out were uncanny tonight.
-Plenty of one out bash and barge.
- Lots of sideways passing with no result. Dufty's cut out to Ravalawa has been worked out now.
- Yet another late game fade.

I have to say as a rugby league fan, The Titans were mighty today.
They defended brilliantly, outplayed us in the second half and came home over the top of us to record a big win.
Holbrook has done a masterful job whipping them back into a competitive outfit.
Quality coaches bring results.
Dean comes straight out of the McGregor stable and philosophy.
He ain't the answer to our prayers unfortunately.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
I

Im not doing much mate just laying back by myself having a beer staring up the stars pondering the meaning of life and why we all invest so much energy into something we have no control over and still choose to torture ourselves being fans the red V.
I was hoping to enjoy a good start to the weekend,with a saints win but as the big marn says ' that shant be happening'
The last few lines sums it up.
Forbes creek dragon

Last edited:

Latest posts