What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19 2020 Non Parra games - Women in league round

I think it depends on the way you look at it. To me there's no difference between what Gutherson did and what Waqa Blake does every kick. Are all those people going up for kicks and swatting at the ball deemed a pass? For me a pass is when you're in control, what Gutho and many others do is bat the ball to give it momentum to carry on to the outside players.

I've never noticed before what refs call when they deem the ball to be propelled forward from that action so I can't use precedence in this instance.

It's still very frustrating that, if he thought it was a knock on (rightly or wrongly), he could see that Fergo was going to score as he didn't blow the whistle until he was 2m out from the line with no one in front of him. He could have let it play on, gone to the bunker and it would have been a try; this happens many other times where they think a foul has been committed. Like earlier in the game when he questioned whether the Brisbane kick chase was onside, he allowed play to continue Brisbane scored and he sent it up no try as he believed they were offside. Why in that instance did he not just call them offside straight away? Why in our instance did he call a knock on when he knows the bunker can rule on knock ons?
He only called it a knock on once he realised every other person in the ground knew it was good including the touch judge. If the touchie hadn't stood in the in goal he would have said forward pass. Henry just covering his arse once he realised how stupid he was looking.

strider

Post Whore
I think it depends on the way you look at it. To me there's no difference between what Gutherson did and what Waqa Blake does every kick. Are all those people going up for kicks and swatting at the ball deemed a pass? For me a pass is when you're in control, what Gutho and many others do is bat the ball to give it momentum to carry on to the outside players.

I've never noticed before what refs call when they deem the ball to be propelled forward from that action so I can't use precedence in this instance.

It's still very frustrating that, if he thought it was a knock on (rightly or wrongly), he could see that Fergo was going to score as he didn't blow the whistle until he was 2m out from the line with no one in front of him. He could have let it play on, gone to the bunker and it would have been a try; this happens many other times where they think a foul has been committed. Like earlier in the game when he questioned whether the Brisbane kick chase was onside, he allowed play to continue Brisbane scored and he sent it up no try as he believed they were offside. Why in that instance did he not just call them offside straight away? Why in our instance did he call a knock on when he knows the bunker can rule on knock ons?
Cos he is a prick

T.S Quint

Coach

They call a knock on in those instances.

T.S Quint

Coach
At least if it has cost us the game, we might have got an Annesley apology tomorrow.

It didn’t cost us the game but what it did was only allow us to have one try in the second half...which meant we have to listen to everyone talk about how we can’t score tries, despite the fact we actually did score one but it wasn’t awarded.

30-12 or 32-12 looks a whole lot better attack wise than 26-12.