What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gavin Badger sacked

I'll never forget a game between Parra and Cowboys at Darwin. Two legitimate Cowboys tries were called back by Badger on the ruling of "forward pass", when the replays showed they were fine. The crowd got really angry when the saw the replay on the big screen.

When a couple of Cowboys suffered serious injuries against Melbourne on a kick chase, Badger and Atkins let Melbourne play a full set against 11 men, even though the Cowboys winger was lying on the ground with a serious compound fracture, then Atkins awarded a penalty to Melbourne after Munster took a dive.

The 2016 finals game between Titans and Donkeys was the most disgusting case of referring I've ever seen. At one stage the Donkeys centre kicked a Titans player in the back with Badger looking directly at it, and was not penalised. Badger and Sutton did everything they could to get a pathetic Donkeys over the line, with one of them saying "only __ points in it now" to the other.

Exsilium

First Grade
I can understand this move considering all of the talented NRL standard referees they have waiting.

BadnMean

Juniors
Badger is gone but Nepotism Sutton Jr still gets a gig. Badger was streets better than him.

No doubt they will point to % correct decisions etc... when someone's relative is the Referees Operations Manager who gets to pick & choose which decisions get recorded as "correct"...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When I think Badgers, apart from Gavin

giphy.gif

10$ Ferret

Staff member
This is terrible. He was a great referee and as someone said he gave back, I talked to him briefly when he was running a coaching session for up and coming NSW referees.
I also remember GB at a Souths juniors A grade GF as a spectator. He copped some good natured ribbing from the crowd and handled it very well, enjoying himself and earning respect from all around.

Fairly typical across RL , reward your mates and those not that good and punt the good ones without agendas

beave

Coach
I'll never forget a game between Parra and Cowboys at Darwin. Two legitimate Cowboys tries were called back by Badger on the ruling of "forward pass", when the replays showed they were fine. The crowd got really angry when the saw the replay on the big screen.

When a couple of Cowboys suffered serious injuries against Melbourne on a kick chase, Badger and Atkins let Melbourne play a full set against 11 men, even though the Cowboys winger was lying on the ground with a serious compound fracture, then Atkins awarded a penalty to Melbourne after Munster took a dive.

The 2016 finals game between Titans and Donkeys was the most disgusting case of referring I've ever seen. At one stage the Donkeys centre kicked a Titans player in the back with Badger looking directly at it, and was not penalised. Badger and Sutton did everything they could to get a pathetic Donkeys over the line, with one of them saying "only __ points in it now" to the other.

Blame the touchie for the Cowboys v Storm injury debacle. Belinda Sleeman shouldn’t be allowed near a RL field she is that useless. One only has to go down and watch her handling of Qcup games to get an understanding of how far out of her depth she is......

Blame the touchie for the Cowboys v Storm injury debacle. Belinda Sleeman shouldn’t be allowed near a RL field she is that useless. One only has to go down and watch her handling of Qcup games to get an understanding of how far out of her depth she is......
Her and Michael Wise belong in a Centrelink queue.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
This is appalling and seems like its been going on for a while.

Didnt an ex referee try to take legal action in recent years?

Pommy

Coach
I thought it was weird he was only used as a touchie this year.

Who knows, he might return. Didn't they shitcan Checchin only for him to be back?

No the Tongan fans bullied him in to retirement for being gay and Fifita not being able to hold on to a ball.