What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tanking in the NRL

moffla

Bench
Roosters aren’t tanking. Could have simply rested their starting side which would have been enough to see them lose

And Parramatta absolutely tanked against the Dragons in the last reg season game in 2009.

I think it was a 76 point turnaround, the next week. On the same ground!!

Jarryd Hayne clinic. Our blokes couldn’t get near him. I think he stepped around Hornby at least twice in the same try in what might’ve been a hatrick day.

Anyway. Yes. It happens.

mave

Coach
Don't know about whole teams tanking.

There are a few examples of players individually playing dead though.

Manly v Raiders in Albury 2015 comes to mind immediately.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’m not usually the conspiracy theory type and I don’t think they tanked per se, but they weren’t mentally in that game. Second half they deadset didn’t even compete.

Pretty clear that their minds were already on next week and in the back of their heads I reckon they were thinking it might not be the worst thing travelling 30mins up the road to Penrith instead of going to QLD to face Melbourne

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Souths were on fire , and roosters couldn’t handle it , they got smashed fair and square it’s a long season and hard for teams to be up every game .
If they wanted to tank they would have rested their team , also they played Souths so they would never tank against them .
Frankly I think it’s a insult to every side , that all other sides get smashed they are shit , roosters get smashed you all say they tanked

stryker

First Grade
Souths were on fire , and roosters couldn’t handle it , they got smashed fair and square it’s a long season and hard for teams to be up every game .
If they wanted to tank they would have rested their team , also they played Souths so they would never tank against them .
Frankly I think it’s a insult to every side , that all other sides get smashed they are shit , roosters get smashed you all say they tanked
That’s because the Roosters are not shit. They just played like they are which raises eyebrows.